PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain Closing?

The old man
04-01-2005, 11:09 AM
We are going either 4/16 or 4/23 to DL. Is it still in the rumor phase on SM being closed for refurb? Anyone on the inside scoop?
David

Disneyfreak
04-01-2005, 11:24 AM
There are still rumors but most likely it will be open for you.

Poster_SF
04-01-2005, 11:44 AM
There are still rumors but most likely it will be open for you.
What rumors? I am going in 2 weeks and that is my favorite ride :(

NOOOOOO

Christiii
04-01-2005, 11:46 AM
didnt it just open back up about two weeks ago?? why would it close again??

bradk
04-01-2005, 11:59 AM
i know they were having issues with the new logs i thought. i don't see any scheduled downtime for it though.

Gramiangel420
04-01-2005, 12:03 PM
Splash Mountain was open when I was there the week before Easter. It did close for a short time due to technical difficulties but it was open soon after.
Maybe 15 or 30 minutes.

SarahJanet
04-01-2005, 12:40 PM
While I was there (25-30) it was periodically closed down because the logs were too heavy. They eventually stopped using the back seats all together, so they were only putting 5 people in per log. I wouldn't think that leaving an empty seat in every log is a feasible long term solution, so I'd imagine they'll do something at some point.

stan4d_steph
04-01-2005, 12:44 PM
There have been some rumblings that they need to do some more fine-tuning on the new ride vehicles, and are waiting until after the Spring Break crowds dissipate.

wendyxo
04-01-2005, 12:48 PM
When will we know if it is closing again? I cannot go if Splash is closed!

bradk
04-01-2005, 12:58 PM
rides are subject to close at anytime unfortunately. that's just the nature of the biz. unless they post advance notice, the only way to find out is either to call the customer service line right before or just find out that day at the park.

Poster_SF
04-01-2005, 02:21 PM
When will we know if it is closing again? I cannot go if Splash is closed!
Me too!! Does anyone know for sure if/ when it is closing? Is it going to be over a few days or only one??

jennia
04-01-2005, 02:31 PM
Nothing to add that is official but every time we've been at the park since SM re-opened the ride has been open and operating without a hitch. We were there Wednesday and didn't ride because we heard the Fast Passes were gone so we didn't make the hike back there.

Disneyfreak
04-01-2005, 03:13 PM
The ride is having some major problems. The day before Easter the ride was down for over 2 and a half hours.

Poster_SF
04-11-2005, 09:25 AM
Hi,

If anyone knows if/ when Splash will be going down, please post it here. I am leaving on Weds night for the park and hope it will be open. My mom also goes the last week of April and will be sooo sad if it is closed.

If anyone (especially CMs) know anything, please post!!

MyBeast
04-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Hi,

If anyone knows if/ when Splash will be going down, please post it here. I am leaving on Weds night for the park and hope it will be open. My mom also goes the last week of April and will be sooo sad if it is closed.

If anyone (especially CMs) know anything, please post!!

I'm a CM, and there is no refurb scheduled for Splash. But it could go down for other reasons. It should be up though.

mkcbunny
04-11-2005, 11:16 AM
If the new logs are a problem, can they just put the old logs back in?

Or maybe they've been auctioned off already? I'm not saying that to be cynical; I presume that's what will eventually happen to them.

Earkid
04-11-2005, 11:34 AM
If the new logs are a problem, can they just put the old logs back in?

Or maybe they've been auctioned off already? I'm not saying that to be cynical; I presume that's what will eventually happen to them.I believe they just redesigned the old logs and cut the back out to add a seat.

Poster_SF
04-11-2005, 11:36 AM
I believe they just redesigned the old logs and cut the back out to add a seat.
Do you know when they are installing them?

Earkid
04-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Do you know when they are installing them?The new logs are installed, with the new back seat. Many believe that is why the ride is having so many break downs ever since they put the new logs into service.

The point from my first post was that I had heard there are no NEW logs but that the old logs had been remodeled to add the new back seat.

bradk
04-11-2005, 11:43 AM
the old logs won't work because they need the seat the new log has for accessibility issues.

as someone posted, when they were using the back seats, they were experiencing issues with some new system to shut down the ride if it detects someone had exited the vehicle. there were a lot of shutdowns when the ride was first re-opened with the new logs up until they realized what the problem is. i believe the ride functions quite well now with the exception to the backseat, which is an issue that i presume they will have to revisit sometime prior to 5/5, but i'm sure when they're ready to do it, they'll only need a couple days of work, if that much.