PDA

View Full Version : How booked are the hotels?

lauras5boys
04-11-2005, 07:14 AM
For my husband's birthday we tend to rent a room at Disneyland for one night and get a babysitter for the kids. I just called and they said everything is completely booked. So if I were to just walk up the morning that we want to stay and ask for a room how likely am I to get one? Do they save any rooms at all? It's not a huge deal since we live 0 minutes away if we don't get a room but it sure would be nice

lauras5boys
04-11-2005, 07:14 AM
That's 20 minutes away, not 0

stan4d_steph
04-11-2005, 07:16 AM
That's 20 minutes away, not 0FYI, you can Edit your post by clicking on the edit button in the lower right corner of your post. You have a 30 minute window.

Availability probably depends on what time of year it is. If you don't mind trying the morning of, I would say do it. You never know - someone might cancel last minute.

bradk
04-11-2005, 07:26 AM
i don't believe rooms are set aside, at least not for public consumption.

some consolidators or online travel sites may have pre-purchased some rooms that go unsold so they may have good prices that day (or a few days before).

also, as mentioned, there could always be cancelations which result in better prices.

the DLH is nice and all, but for a special occasion, you might prefer the GCH, which of course tends to sell out more than the DLH.

rentayenta
04-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Try Expedia. Sometimes they have last minute availability. :)

lauras5boys
04-11-2005, 08:09 AM
GCH is the only one with rooms. But it's a bunkbed room. Don't think my husband will go for that

Wendi
04-11-2005, 11:53 AM
FYI - The bunkbed room also has a King or Queen bed... not just bunkbeds.