PDA

View Full Version : "Art of DL" Book, 50th CD set release - when?

jiminycesq
04-11-2005, 07:00 AM
I recall seeing a post on someone's boards a while back that the Bruce Gordon/Jeff Kurtti (sp?) book on the "Art of Disneyland" (already available in Florida), and the 50th anniversary CD of Disneyland sounds/music developed by Randy Thornton, with liner notes by Stacia Martin (and possibly others, sorry I cant recall), would be released at Disneyland on Sunday May 1. However, I have seen nothing official on this. I guess the reason it might be a Sunday would be for a signing etc, which would be nice ... its been so long since a book signing like the wonderful ones they used to have at the Gallery - but the Gallery is not scheduled to reopen until the 5th. Anyone know when these are coming out, and if there is a signing, or ???

Also, a bit of an unrelated issue, but ... now that we all know the 4th of May will find THPOE open for invited guest/press only, will stores be open that day? Will special items sold to the public on the 5th be sold on the 4th as well? Any stores castmembers out there that have info on this? And, I also thought I read here or somewhere that Kinkade would reveal his artwork of the castle on the 4th or 5th - any news on that release?

Thanks folks!

AVP
04-11-2005, 07:37 AM
MagicMusic.net has some great posts on the subject of the CD sets, including this press release (http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=1963) about the Disneyland Sets.

AVP

AVP
04-11-2005, 03:19 PM
The Wonderful Mrs. Krock listened to a 10-minute "teaser" CD send from Walt Disney Records, and here are the clips she could recognize. THIS DOES NOT mean that all of these tracks will be in the set, or that she indentified all of the clips correctly, but here's what she heard:

Walt Disney's opening day dedication
DLRR spiel
Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
Ragtime music
"Let's Dance at Disneyland" (From Date Night at Disneyland)
Tiki Room attraction narration and music
Jungle Cruise sounds
Swisskapolka
Tarzan Treehouse attraction music
Mark Twain narration
Pirates of the Caribbean attraction music
Feed the Birds (instrumental)
Morse code from NOS RR station
Dixieland music
Haunted Mansion attraction music
Roofus sleeping
Banjo area music
Country Bear Jamboree
Splash Mountain attraction music
Country Bear Vacation Hoedown
Pooh (instrumental)
Rainbow Caverns
Big Thunder
Golden Horseshoe (Overture: Hello Everybody)
Proud Columbia Spiel
Once Upon a Dream/Carrousel loop
Peter Pan attraction music
Mr. Toad attraction music
Matterhorn safety spiel and attraction music
"it's a small world"
Toontown sounds
Roger Rabbit attraction music
"AMERICA!"
Adventures in Inner Space attraction narration and music
Miracles from Molecules
Star Tours attraction narration and music
Carrousel of Progress attraction narration and music
People Mover attraction narration and music
Rocket to the Moon attraction narration and music
America Sings attraction narration and music
Submarine Voyage attraction narration and music
Space Mountain (Dick Dale)
Tomorrowland area music
Remember... narration with Julie Andrews
Country Bear Christmas show
IASW holiday attraction music
Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction narration and music
Main Street Electrical Parade
Fantasmic! (Some Imagination, huh?)
Disneyland closing announcement (Disneyland has now ended it's operating day)

To flesh out the press release, here is a little more of what I learned about the CD releases. We know that there are two versions - a Limited Edition 6 CD set with a golden vinyl record, and a "retail" version. The Limited Edition set will retail for $124.95, and will be a Limited Editon of 5000 serial-numbered sets with the golden vinyl LP. The LE set is going to be available through Disneyland Park and Disney Direct starting May 3, 2005.

The retail version will be released to stores, and will not come with the vinyl LP. The street price of that set has not yet been determined.

AVP

olegc
04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
So - a quick glance at this list makes me think that anyone who took the time to build a significant set of Disneyland Forever CDs with park sounds, and picking up the recent releases of Walt's tour, etc. - would already have all of this in hand. sure, no fancy packaging or gold vynil - but can you imagine the underground market for that? wow...

Oh, fwiw, no, I don't have all of it. So yes, i am saving my dollars for May 3rd. if I can get to the park...

SarahJanet
04-11-2005, 07:09 PM
That's on the six disc set? Does anyone know what's going to be on the two-disc set of the Official Album? I'm trying to decide how much I need the super fancy one.

Gurgitoy2
04-12-2005, 08:29 AM
So - a quick glance at this list makes me think that anyone who took the time to build a significant set of Disneyland Forever CDs with park sounds, and picking up the recent releases of Walt's tour, etc. - would already have all of this in hand. sure, no fancy packaging or gold vynil - but can you imagine the underground market for that? wow...

Oh, fwiw, no, I don't have all of it. So yes, i am saving my dollars for May 3rd. if I can get to the park...

Well, I do have to say, that the producer of the set (Randy Thornton) has said that all of the tracks have been rebuilt. So, that means that nothing on this set will be the same as the stuff on the old Disneyland Forever kiosks, or any of the other park CD's. So, if you're holding out because you think you have this stuff already...you don't.

olegc
04-13-2005, 07:09 AM
Well, I do have to say, that the producer of the set (Randy Thornton) has said that all of the tracks have been rebuilt. So, that means that nothing on this set will be the same as the stuff on the old Disneyland Forever kiosks, or any of the other park CD's. So, if you're holding out because you think you have this stuff already...you don't.

Thanks for the update. That's great news (well, except for my wallet :D )