PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Additional Tours

yellowrosedtxn
04-11-2005, 05:50 AM
I was wondering if anyone has gone on the OC tour or any of the tours that Disneyland offers. And if so, how were they? We are planning to do the OC Tour, the LA Tour, Universal Studios and Legoland.

I appreciate any insight as to how they work and if you had fun on them.

Thank you

mkcbunny
04-11-2005, 09:27 AM
I was wondering if anyone has gone on the OC tour or any of the tours that Disneyland offers. And if so, how were they? We are planning to do the OC Tour, the LA Tour, Universal Studios and Legoland.

This is only party helpful, I know. :) I recently [Jan. '05] took the Keys to the Kingdom tour at WDW, Magic Kingdom. It was really fun and we had a great[!] CM guide. I can't speak to whether the DLR tours are at the same level, but one would think with all of the history there, they should be at least as informative, if not more so. I am sure the CM you get makes a difference, as well. We're definitely interested in doing a similar tour at DLR, with which we are a lot more familar in general. But I just wanted to confirm that the tour we did take through Disney, while different, was really great and well worth the money [I believe it was $48; it was a gift, so I am not sure].

hlbtimes2
04-11-2005, 09:48 AM
The tours, as far as I know, are not actually done by Disney. They are add ons, that you can also do through your hotel. We did the univeral studios add on a few years ago. They have a bus that picks up at various hotels and drives you were you are going. Then they give you the time to get back on the bus for the return trip. While at Universal we were on our own. Its more a transportation thing then anything else.

I'm sure the other "tours" work much the same way.

bradk
04-11-2005, 10:14 AM
there are 3 tours provided in the parks themselves by Disney: the Welcome to Disneyland tour, the A Walk in Walt's Footsteps (along the lines of the WDW Keys to the Kingdom tour) and the Discover the Magic tour, which is more family/kids oriented.

hlbtimes2
04-11-2005, 10:18 AM
there are 3 tours provided in the parks themselves by Disney: the Welcome to Disneyland tour, the A Walk in Walt's Footsteps (along the lines of the WDW Keys to the Kingdom tour) and the Discover the Magic tour, which is more family/kids oriented.

I dont think those are the tours Yellow is talking about. I think she is refering to the offsite "tours", to universal, OC, Legoland, etc. The add on's that provide you with transportation and a ticket into the location.

bradk
04-11-2005, 10:25 AM
i understand. i was responding in part to mkc's post. yellowrosed does ask about DL tours but I wasn't clear what she was asking about specifically, which is why i didn't respond earlier.

yellowrosedtxn
04-11-2005, 11:35 AM
I guess I should have been more specific and said the "add-on" tours, such as The OC Tour; The LA Tour, going to Universal Studios and Legoland. Just trying to get the basics of it. How it all works. I have never done these and we are looking forward to it.

THANKS again!