PDA

View Full Version : Er, what happened to the Happiest Faces on Earth?

greenscreenltd
04-10-2005, 08:19 PM
Does anyone know if the park decided to drop this idea entirely, or has it been delayed? Just curious, since I never heard anything back...

cstephens
04-10-2005, 09:45 PM
They're not supposed to go up until May 5.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-10-2005, 10:15 PM
We never got notification....did anyone on the boards get an email that their faces are being used for the collage?? I feel like it got sacked.

Crazy4DL
04-10-2005, 10:16 PM
We never got notification....did anyone on the boards get an email that their faces are being used for the collage?? I feel like it got sacked.

We haven't heard anything yet either and we sent in lots of pictures. Hopefully one will be used :D

RStar
04-11-2005, 06:05 AM
I have a feeling they will be notifying us after they are ALL done, because they may be changing pictures around until they are all complete. So it's possible that we may not hear back until after the 5th.

rentayenta
04-11-2005, 06:45 AM
Nada here.

disnymom
04-11-2005, 06:52 AM
yeah, i sent in photos too and never heard back, i'm glad it wasn't just me that it happened too. thanks for the support. hope we hear someday, i wanted to see my family on the poster when we go in sept

Christiii
04-11-2005, 08:14 AM
I got notification a few weeks ago...I submitted 8 pics and they are using them all....all of them in the main Mickey picture too...they will be really easy to find..Im so excited!!
They sent me a signed copy of the picture to keep and frame, with my pics hightlighted...its really pretty!!
They also sent me a letter that everyone should have been notified by April 1st...

Christiii
04-11-2005, 08:16 AM
April fools!! hey..its still April....hehehehe..i kill myself...hehehehehe :D

BQ2
04-11-2005, 08:18 AM
Muy nada here!

JPIVERSON
04-11-2005, 08:46 AM
I seem to remember the literature saying we would be notified in April... we've got a couple weeks left.

evrythngwmn
04-11-2005, 09:16 AM
This is still a go. They've recently been digging up the areas where the collage murals are going to go to put in hardware.

Disney Vault
04-11-2005, 10:45 AM
http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=commercial67

Have you all seen this video for the happiest faces on earth? I have never seen it on tv or even on the internet so I don't know where they were showing it. However they did show it at cast blast so maybe that is what it is from.

I edited the link and now it should work.

tinkluver
04-11-2005, 07:53 PM
:eek: That wasn't funny - you had me goin' there for a minute! :p

I Heart Disneyland!
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I have a feeling they will be notifying us after they are ALL done, because they may be changing pictures around until they are all complete. So it's possible that we may not hear back until after the 5th.

Well..that stinks because we will BE there the week of May 5th. Boo hoo!

mkcbunny
04-11-2005, 09:23 PM
I have to hope that if your pics are selected, they can tell you where to find them. I know I don't want to play Where's Waldo with my pics.

RemainSeatedPlease
04-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the vid Disney's Biggest Fan!..gee I can't wait to see um, we sent in a whole ton of pics!

Disney Vault
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
I have to hope that if your pics are selected, they can tell you where to find them. I know I don't want to play Where's Waldo with my pics.
I hope they just tell you if they are selected if they were used and for which picture. Then you have to find it. But they would have to say which one, otherwise it would take forever to find.

Crazy4DL
04-13-2005, 04:59 PM

You GOT me you evil woman you! :eek:

;) ;)

tinkluver
04-13-2005, 05:11 PM
here is part of the email they sent me thanking me for sending them pictures:

"If your photo is used, you will receive another email alerting you of its general placement in the Happiest Faces On Earth photo collages, throughout the DisneylandŽ Resort. We will try to send your usage notification email in spring 2005."

goober7011
04-13-2005, 06:22 PM
here is part of the email they sent me thanking me for sending them pictures:

"If your photo is used, you will receive another email alerting you of its general placement in the Happiest Faces On Earth photo collages, throughout the DisneylandŽ Resort. We will try to send your usage notification email in spring 2005."
I don't like the word try being used in there. :D
-Goober

SilverStyle
04-13-2005, 07:04 PM
Only going to be at DL, although it was suppose to be at DCA also. Going up after the 5th from my understanding

evrythngwmn
04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Only going to be at DL, although it was suppose to be at DCA also. Going up after the 5th from my understanding

The CM I talked to who was supervising the digging said that some were going up in DCA also.

MickeyLumbo
04-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know if the park decided to drop this idea entirely, or has it been delayed? Just curious, since I never heard anything back...

notifications will be going out in two weeks. not all of the murals will go up on the 5th...there will be a staggered installation and yes, there WILL be some at DCA also ;)