PDA

View Full Version : Why wall up the subs now?

Pages : [1] 2

goober7011
04-09-2005, 11:46 PM
I find it odd that they drained the motorboat area and have the plain looking walls up surrounding the sub lagoon. 25 days till the 50th celebration officially begins and they should have the park looking as nice as it can. Not with plain blue referb walls and a view of a muddy dry motorboat and sub lagoons. :confused:
Also why are they draining the motorboat area with nothing planned or announced?
This is a highly populated area and it doesn't look pretty to see a bunch of referb walls.
They wait till after the spring break crowds to put up the walls but have them up durring the summer crouds, let alone their 50th anniversary celebration.
IMO I somehow these walls are just temporary.
-Goober

Disneyfreak
04-10-2005, 12:11 AM
They are installing a new attraction for both the submarine lagoon and the motorboat cruiser to be announced on the 50th anniversary. :)
I do agree thought that they need themed walls if they are going to stay up for the celebration. But I am very glad and thankful that they are giving us a new unique E-ticket attraction and I think everyone should be thanking them not complaining because of walls. Like I said what I think they should do is theme the walls and announce the ride coming back for 07 and have a 50th logo on it marketing it as a present of the 50th.

Viva La Disney
04-10-2005, 01:30 AM
I find it odd that they drained the motorboat area and have the plain looking walls up surrounding the sub lagoon. 25 days till the 50th celebration officially begins and they should have the park looking as nice as it can. Not with plain blue referb walls and a view of a muddy dry motorboat and sub lagoons. :confused:
Also why are they draining the motorboat area with nothing planned or announced?
This is a highly populated area and it doesn't look pretty to see a bunch of referb walls.
They wait till after the spring break crowds to put up the walls but have them up durring the summer crouds, let alone their 50th anniversary celebration.
IMO I somehow these walls are just temporary.
-Goober

These are my thougts exactly. :|

Disney Vault
04-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I believe the walls will be down by May 5th. I heard they are just cleaning the areas up. And I don't think any ride is even planned for the motor boat cruise area yet. Maybe they are just seeing what they could do with the area.

Captain Josh
04-10-2005, 09:52 AM
The way I percieve the situation, it's a matter of getting things done, if at all. I'm happy to see work being done, period. After years of watching on the internet people calling all the mistakes and ignorance of the Pressler era, it's good to see change for the better.

jennia
04-10-2005, 10:53 AM
A few weeks ago we read a rumor online that there was to be a new Finding Nemo ride in that area. Then we read that the walls would be going up soon. My reaction was similar to yours Goober- I thought it odd that they would choose this timing of walling the lagoon off right before the celebration kick off but apparently the powers that be want to get going on this project! :D I think it will be a lot of fun to watch!!

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-10-2005, 03:01 PM
I can't wait. More rides, less lines, less people milling around the walkways!

Finally my "new Tomorrowland" will be here!

Space mountain! Star Tours! Autopia! Something in the Sub Lagoon!!!

The only thing that would make me happier would be something new in Innovations space and a return of ATIS.

TOTFan
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
They are installing a new attraction for both the submarine lagoon and the motorboat cruiser to be announced on the 50th anniversary. :)

This is of course a rumor.

Viva La Disney
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
The only thing that would make me happier would be something new in Innovations .

Yeah,I know,how long has that been up now? :confused:
(and if I recall,it has not been doing to great from the beginning.)

splashmtngurl
04-10-2005, 05:21 PM
you know, it is possible that whatever attraction has been planned for the sub lagoon may somehow also extend into the motor boat cruise area, like for storage or something. if its a water ride they may somehow want to pump and clorinate the water in a more technically advanced way.

Disney Vault
04-10-2005, 06:37 PM
The motor boat cruise area is not going to be affected by the new finding nemo sub ride. There were plans to build a small kids play thing/jungle gym type of thing in the motor boat cruise area but that plan is dead. CM Matt has bigger plans for that area in the years to come. (BTW- Now WDW is getting the stupid jungle gym idea)

Duane
04-10-2005, 06:43 PM
I may be completely wrong but it seems to me like they were planning to change the location of the sub loading area. It used to be under the monorail station but I heard they were going to move it to the old motor boat cruise area. Time will tell if this is the case. Who cares as long as the subs return!!!!!

Tyuasd
04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
I may be completely wrong but it seems to me like they were planning to change the location of the sub loading area. It used to be under the monorail station but I heard they were going to move it to the old motor boat cruise area. Time will tell if this is the case. Who cares as long as the subs return!!!!!

According to the rumors, discussed by Al Lutz on miceage.com last week (and he is usually correct). The loading area for the Finding Nemo ride will be the same place as the sub ride, and the track will remain pretty much the same.

Regarding the walls. I figure better that they put them up now, and leave them up through the 50th than wait 6-18 months in order to get the project started. It would be nice if the painted the walls though.

Subsonic
04-11-2005, 08:47 AM
I was at Disneyland yesterday. It's so exciting to see that someone cares about getting stuff done. It seems that the crew are working amazingly fast on referbs and upgrades. I love the new scheme they are doing for Tomorrowland. It fits so much better.

I do think the walls will be removed for the 50th and that they are simply touching up the lagoon. BUT, I also think that they will eventually put a water attraction there to breathe more life into Tomorrowland. With a Buzz, Space, a new sub ride, and if they ever put in an updated Peoplemover, Tomorrowland will be a force to be reckoned with.

Duane
04-11-2005, 11:42 AM
I honestly don't think the walls will come down before the 50th. I find it hard to believe they would build walls completely around the lagoon just for touch up work. I would be willing to bet that they are starting construction on a new attraction for the lagoon as well as the old motor boat area. The question is, when will it be complete? It would be shocking if they were able to have it completed for the 50th but I really don't think there is enough time to do the job. Let's hope!

Darkbeer
04-13-2005, 08:07 PM
Well, if the walls don't come down, could they be a major place to feature those photos they have been collecting for the last year or so?

The walls are bare now, but would get the special mosiacs in early May....

This is not a statement of fact, but just putting two and two together....

mickeynminnie
04-13-2005, 08:25 PM
Well in the spirit of Walt Disney perhaps the thought was to follow his original sentiment regarding the completion of DL: "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." The installation of the walls just goes to show that DL is continuing to change.

Also, would you want to see 10+ years of sludge being pumped out while enjoying a hot churro? Ewww....

sediment
04-13-2005, 08:37 PM
Sure would be nice to have something painted or printed on those walls.

Disney Vault
04-13-2005, 08:43 PM
I change my guess that I made earlier. I now think these walls wont be coming down. It seems like they want to get started on this new attraction.

TP2000
04-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Sure would be nice to have something painted or printed on those walls.

Something tells me that will happen on May 5th. It's likely something they will install overnight from the 4th to the 5th. According to Miceage, the announcement ceremony for the Subs and Monsters Inc. is at 8:30am on May 5th, and I'm sure when Disneyland opens at 9:00am there will magically be "Coming Soon" snazzy artwork all over those blue walls.

Just my guess.

sunfun94
04-13-2005, 10:12 PM
I think you are right...and if it didnt happen that way I would honestly be surprised

MrVisible
04-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Okay. Now I'm all excited. A sub ride? Oh yeah.

A Finding Nemo sub ride? Even better.

I don't think I'm going to mind the walls at all. No matter how ugly they are.

04-14-2005, 01:57 AM
Okay. Now I'm all excited. A sub ride? Oh yeah.

A Finding Nemo sub ride? Even better.

What MrVisible said.

sediment
04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
Something tells me that will happen on May 5th. It's likely something they will install overnight from the 4th to the 5th. According to Miceage, the announcement ceremony for the Subs and Monsters Inc. is at 8:30am on May 5th, and I'm sure when Disneyland opens at 9:00am there will magically be "Coming Soon" snazzy artwork all over those blue walls.

Just my guess.
They put up that mural in Tomorrowland pretty quickly, and, from what I've seen on the "inside info" fan sites, unexpectedly.

Subsonic
04-14-2005, 08:57 AM
That would be so cool. Now if they would only build an updated Peoplemover, perhaps based on the pods from The Incredibles