PDA

View Full Version : Is there a guest dress code?

Elways way
04-09-2005, 03:22 PM
Does Disney have the right to address people's attire in the parks? For instance, can they ask a young lady to pull her pants up so that her thong isn't showing? Can they question what appears to be gang related attire?

What about having to wear a shirt? The last time I was there I saw a couple of well tattooed guys with their shirts off (they had not yet entered the park). Is that allowed?

I'm curious to know if their is an official policy and what it addresses.

Susan L
04-09-2005, 03:35 PM
I am pretty sure they do have a certain dress code in place. I know you can not go without a shirt, and no bathing suit tops are allowed for females. There should be someone else here with more knowlege on this subject matter. Or you can even contact the DLR for that info.

sdfilmcritic
04-09-2005, 03:56 PM
I'm curious to know if their is an official policy and what it addresses.Black Tie Formal for guests entering the park after 6 PM. Pajamas for those entering the park after 11 PM.

jon80flt
04-09-2005, 08:05 PM
I know they make you wear your shirt inside-out if there are any offensive words on it. :D

bradk
04-09-2005, 08:24 PM
that's why i wear shirts with the REALLY dirty words on the inside.

sdfilmcritic
04-09-2005, 08:31 PM
that's why i wear shirts with the REALLY dirty words on the inside.How often do you clean those shirts?

bradk
04-09-2005, 08:39 PM
i do my laundry as i shower.. which is once a month, whether i need one or not.

Dream Again
04-09-2005, 11:17 PM
I know they make you wear your shirt inside-out if there are any offensive words on it. :D

Do they really abide by that, though? At DCA, I remember this girl wearing a really...what's the right word for this site...trashy? shirt that said "(insert four letter word here) Me!" on it. It also had slits going down the entire thing. :eek: I've seen this with guys shirts too, minus the slits, and noticed a lot of girls with their thongs showing. Seen some people with gang flags hanging out of their back pockets. Most of this was in DCA actually, is their dress code less strict than DL's?

I also know that you can't wear roller shoes, and they won't let you in looking like your favorite character. Unless you're a little kid, obviously.

SarahJanet
04-09-2005, 11:57 PM
You can't wear roller shoes? We saw kids EVERYWHERE in those, and they were a real pain the butt. Kids kept crashing into things. And us.

TempoNZ
04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
Disney has the reserves the right to admit people for whatever reason they see fit. Basically, if they don't like what you are wearing then you aren't coming through the gates.

In practice this normally means that clothing has to not be as such that it is likely to offend other guests or have them in fear. This would mean guest must wear tops, without being gang related or offensive. The idea of having trousers down showing a thing is an interesting one. I'd say if there was a complaint then yes theyw ould ask you to pull your trousers up and have every right to do so.

TikiGeek
04-10-2005, 02:44 AM
No shirt, No shoes, No Magic. ;)

bradk
04-10-2005, 05:41 AM
hat's the right word for this site...trashy? shirt that said "(insert four letter word here) Me!"

are you sure that wasn't a French Connection UK shirt?

Dream Again
04-10-2005, 08:23 PM
You can't wear roller shoes? We saw kids EVERYWHERE in those, and they were a real pain the butt. Kids kept crashing into things. And us.

I saw quite a few kids with them too, but one girl went through the bag check with them, and the woman said she couldn't come in with them. The kids in the parks probably just hide them around CM's.

SarahJanet
04-10-2005, 10:43 PM
Well, and they're relatively easy to disguise as real shoes if you're wearing them, although they make you walk kind of like you're wearing ski boots.

I have to confess, there were times when I saw a kid getting towed in his roller shoes that I longed for a pair myself, but they were usually just annoying when a kid would go racing down a hill in them.

The old man
04-11-2005, 08:23 AM
Disney Dress Code:
Dress as cr_ppy as if you were going to Las Vegas.
David

dlandnut
04-11-2005, 09:10 AM
i do my laundry as i shower.. which is once a month, whether i need one or not.

Is this after you get up on the right side of the bed? :)

bradk
04-11-2005, 09:57 AM
grumble, grumble