PDA

View Full Version : Park or ART

goober7011
04-09-2005, 01:26 PM
Hi, my family is going to be staying at the Hitlon Garden Inn - Garden Grove and we don't know if we should drive and park in the lot or just ride art to dl. There are 4 of us going for 3 days so it is a little cheaper to drive ourselves (hopefully gas prices don't go up). My question is how dependable is ART and what do you think we should do?
Thanks
-Goober

I Heart Disneyland!
04-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Are you sure the hotel doesn't have a shuttle to DL? We've stayed there before, and I thought they had one. That was several years ago. If so, I would totally take their shuttle, it's so great!

Crazy4DL
04-09-2005, 01:48 PM
We used the ART system from a different hotel about a year and a half ago and it was fine, very reliable. It gets full at the end of the day. The only problem we really encountered was getting all of our strollers on and off (we were a big family group) If you don't have strollers it will be a piece of cake.

Karen256
04-09-2005, 02:12 PM
I'm fairly sure the Hilton Garden Inn has a shuttle. They share it with two other hotels, the Hampton Inn (where we stayed) and I think the other hotel is the Crowne. There's no charge for the shuttle, just show your room key.

Their shuttle is very reliable, every half hour. It's a large bus, with fairly comfortable seats. The drivers were entertaining and provided some good info. It was crowded at the beginning of the day and after the park closes. We actually walked to the park in the morning, about a 40 min walk, mostly because we wanted to get there early.

So I'd say just use the hotel's shuttle.

OH and if you really want to make sure you get a seat, you might consider walking over to the Hampton in the morning (it's right next to the Hilton) because that's the first stop.

goober7011
04-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Here is the reply I recieved from them:

>Do you charge for parking as advertised? At the current time we do not
>charge for parking - depending on when you are coming - the future will
>carry parking fees.
>"? Complimentary Parking"
>
>Is there a free shuttle to the disneyland resort as advertised or do we
>have to use ART? The shuttle is ART and the price is $3.00 per day.
>"Also for your convenience the hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to
>the Disney Park" Please advise where you found "complimentary" - I have
>had other guests mention this but they didn't get back to me. The only
>shuttle we have is ART and it's $3.00
>
>If so how often do they run? Every 20 min
>
>Can you accomidate a rollaway bed? Yes only a few room can.
>
>If so how much do you charge? $15.00 per day plus tax
>
>Is your business center free of charge to guests? Yes

Later I went got a reply saying that they will begin charging for parking in the future, but he doesn't know if it will be in place before August.

Also it is on the ART route map on route K sharing the route with hampton with only one stop.
-Goober

Mermaid
04-09-2005, 04:30 PM
I stayed at the Embassy Suites a couple of years ago which shared the shuttle w/ the Hilton. I heard they discontinued this free shuttle. I would drive to the park. It is cheaper and I thought it was really easy and convienent. If you save your stub, you can get back in for free if you leave midday.

Darkbeer
04-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I prefer shuttles....

No worry about parking, and it can be a long walk to the tram loading area, depending on where your park...

The shuttle is great, why hassle with driving when you can have someone else do it, and the shuttle stop is very close to the park entrance.