PDA

View Full Version : Disney swords

ksejr1
04-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I was just wondering if anyone out there has bought a sword or anything like that at the store inside Disneyland. Not the fake kids swords, but the real ones where the store is in fantasyland.

Rouxe1688
04-09-2005, 03:38 PM
They sell real swords in the park?

disneyperson
04-09-2005, 04:06 PM
I've never seen real swords for sale, but they sell real leather bull whips in the Indiana Jones shop. Kinda scary.

soccerlady16
04-09-2005, 04:53 PM
there is a shop between peter pan and the castle. they sell real swords,knives, gobblets, all kinds of medival stuff. you can find the meaning of your last name and get it printed with your family's crest too. i've been inside but never bought anything though, to $$.

etixnostalgia
04-09-2005, 05:12 PM
The swords at that shop in Fantasyland are "real" in the sense that they are physical, tangible objects. But they are what a hoplophile would call "sword like objects.," i.e. wallhangers. They are incredibly unsafe to swing because they likely have nothing more than a thin mild steel tang underneath the handle, which is likely to break under strain and send the blade flying if you try playing Aragorn (or more to the point, Capt. Hook vs Peter Pan) with one.

They do have some nice decorative swords, but they are probably available much cheaper outside the park.

SoCalSteven
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
The swords at that shop in Fantasyland are "real" in the sense that they are physical, tangible objects. But they are what a hoplophile would call "sword like objects.," i.e. wallhangers. They are incredibly unsafe to swing because they likely have nothing more than a thin mild steel tang underneath the handle, which is likely to break under strain and send the blade flying if you try playing Aragorn (or more to the point, Capt. Hook vs Peter Pan) with one.

They do have some nice decorative swords, but they are probably available much cheaper outside the park.
Yep. That store is highway robbery! :eek: