PDA

View Full Version : AP Rates for 2005

sierranevada
04-08-2005, 05:11 PM
I found this on another site:

I just got information that new AP rates have been released. They will not be advertised any where; you just have to ask for it specifically. Just ask for the "special AP rate" or "AP Nights discount" or something to that extent. Also, these rates will be here from now until the end of the year (according the info that I have right now... this may change later on).

Here are the rates!
Grand Californian Hotel sun-thur $199; fri-sat $239
Disneyland Hotel sun-thur $149; fri-sat $169
Paradise Pier Hotel sun-sat $139

Rates are subject to change without notice. Special AP rates are not available on all dates, depending on availability. Premium view rooms will have a higher rate.

Good luck everyone!

PS the poster later said he could only confirm the rates through the end of June.

azlaura
04-08-2005, 05:55 PM
I called yesterday to check this out and they had nights through June and the CM said they will be adding more throughout the end of the year based on attendance. So the info. above is correct!

Marox3
04-08-2005, 06:10 PM
I tried to see if my 5/5-5/8 ressie could be changed - but they said no due to a sell out. :(

Suburban Plankton
04-08-2005, 06:42 PM
We have reservations at the DL for June 6-9 which we made a few months ago. We just called to "upgrade" them after seeing this thread, and were told that they only have AP rates through mid-May at this time.

Should I call back tomorrow morning and see if I get a different CM?

sierranevada
04-08-2005, 07:52 PM
We have reservations at the DL for June 6-9 which we made a few months ago. We just called to "upgrade" them after seeing this thread, and were told that they only have AP rates through mid-May at this time.

Should I call back tomorrow morning and see if I get a different CM?

I would try next week. The poster said the computers may not be updated yet.

Disneyfamily3
04-09-2005, 12:54 PM
I too called regarding reserv. we made last year,for June11-15,I was told the only AP rates available for our time frame was cons. level rooms.I called a couple times and good different CM and got the same info each time. Will still keep trying for the heck of it.

Rhiannon8404
04-11-2005, 03:50 PM
Ok, so I just called to see if I could change my 6/6-6/9 reservations to a lower rate. DH (Suburban Plankton on this board) called on Friday and they only had the concierge level thing going on.

Today the CM said they had rates ranging from $109 to $159 but they were all sold out. I spoke with the manager and she confirmed that is possible that they opened the rates on the 9th and they were sold out by the 10th. I just find this so hard to believe.

We've never been able to change out existing reservations for special AP nights since becoming AP holders 2 years ago. I'm beginning to wonder if you book ahead, they know they've got you coming anyway, so why change the rate.
(I'm still on the phone with her...)
Ok, now she's telling me they never had AP rates for my reservation date and the other CM was mistaken. Then she told me that she had $159 rooms from June 1-4, suprisingly close to my reservation, but no dice as DS is still in school.

UGH!!! I am so frustrated!!!

Rhiannon8404
04-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Ok, (continuing saga) so, Suburban Plankton just call to make fresh reservations (didn't mention the ones I had made for June 6-9) for June 5-9 (we decided if we could get a lower rate we'd stay an extra night).

The excellent CM was able to get up "special AP rates for June" of $179/night for DTD or Pool view room. So he booked the room. We're now double booked, but we have plenty of time to cancel the first reservation.

So....it would appear that there are at least some $179 rooms available. BUT NOT IF YOU'VE ALREADY BOOKED using the regular year-round AP discount.

This is so wrong.

Has anyone here ever been able to change the rate on an already existing reservation?

Earkid
04-11-2005, 04:36 PM
We've always been able to change our reservations in the past. Last June, I booked a trip for Sept. 2004 and had asked about AP rates. The CM told me to call back at the end of August to see if there was going to be AP rates for Sept. So, I called the last day of Aug. and sure enough they were able to change my reservation to the lower rate. Just as easy as you please.

I am sorry you were having so many problems. Maybe they are handling these things a little different due to the 50th thingy.

sierranevada
04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Has anyone here ever been able to change the rate on an already existing reservation?

I was able to change my exsisting reservations in Dec at the GC to AP rates when they came out. Sorry you had such a hard time - you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get the AP rates!

yellowrosedtxn
04-12-2005, 08:59 AM
I called to see if I could get AP rates for 22 Jun - 2 Jul and they said that the hotel (all three of them as a matter of fact) was booked. So, therefore they weren't going to do any AP rates. So, I called back later to see if I could book another room (like someone else here mentioned) and they said, I'm sorry, all three hotels are booked. So, I guess we aren't going to get AP rates either, UNLESS by some luck of the draw someone cancels and an AP rate pops up. How stupid is that? I mean, why not give the AP holders the AP Rates, no matter if the hotel is booked or not? That doesn't make much sense to me. Sorry, just ranting, not that it will do any good, but it helps me to vent. :-)

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 09:25 AM
I mean, why not give the AP holders the AP Rates, no matter if the hotel is booked or not? That doesn't make much sense to me.

This is exactly what I was frustrated about. If I'm an APer and I have a room booked at DLH, and they decide to have special AP rates for the week I'm there, I should be able to get those rates whether the hotel is sold out or not. After all, I am one of the patrons helping to make it sold out by virtue of my reservation.

Either that, or do away with "Special AP rates" altogether and make the standard year round AP discount 25% instead of 10%.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I just booked the DLH for may 22nd (apparently myself and every other passport holder) in SOcal. There were no rooms at the PP that weekend, but we could have stayed there the weekend before.

We often book at the regular rate and then rebook if and when an AP rate is released. Sometimes the rates sell out in a day and we either pay the higher price or change or dates. I understand the frustration that some have when they have booked a room and tried to convert the rate. It would seem that it would be sensible if you all ready have a room booked that the rate could just be changed over. Unfortunately, there are only so many rooms at the discounted rate and sometimes it seems very few rooms available.

bradk
04-12-2005, 02:02 PM
I just booked the DLH for may 22nd (apparently myself and every other passport holder) in SOcal.

that's because it's when i'm in town. GCH and DLH have been at near capacity for about a month now.

in fact, BWPPI on 5/21 is going for nearly $700 for the night. that's the night i officially get into town, but i'll be in retreat until sunday.

sierranevada
04-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Either that, or do away with "Special AP rates" altogether and make the standard year round AP discount 25% instead of 10%.

Or maybe tier the AP discount according to season - 30% value season, 20% regular season and 10% holiday.

Just a thought!

Rhiannon8404
04-12-2005, 03:18 PM
Or maybe tier the AP discount according to season - 30% value season, 20% regular season and 10% holiday.

Just a thought!

That's a great idea, too. Something so that we don't have to remember to keep calling for several months in between making reservations and actually going.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
04-12-2005, 03:41 PM

Just a thought!

Consistency would be nice, however some of the rates are less than 30% off the rack rate. So the trade off would be knowing you could get a room, versus a lower price.

downingfamily1
04-17-2005, 08:31 AM
I called today and they said the ap rates are only out through May still.