PDA

View Full Version : Are bicycles allowed anywhere at the DLR?

CoasterChickie
04-08-2005, 07:49 AM
I was just thinking this morning that I've never seen bicycles anywhere near the resort. Obviously, they wouldn't allow them inside the parks, but do people ever ride bicycles to the parks? If so , where do they leave them?

bradk
04-08-2005, 07:54 AM
reportedly, there are bike racks available in DTD, but bike riding anywhere on DLR property is prohibited (so you need to walk your bike to the rack from the DTD entrance)

stan4d_steph
04-08-2005, 08:05 AM
reportedly, there are bike racks available in DTD, but bike riding anywhere on DLR property is prohibited (so you need to walk your bike to the rack from the DTD entrance)Reportedly?

bradk
04-08-2005, 08:10 AM
well, i can't commit to anything. the only thing constant at disney is change and higher prices, so, it's just my way of covering my butt if someone rides a bike to DL to find out there's nowhere to put it.

to clarify, at least at some point in time, there were bike racks in DTD near ESPN Zone to name a spot. i personally have no reason to believe that there isn't one anymore, but if someone would like to correct me, i welcome it, as always.

stan4d_steph
04-08-2005, 08:31 AM
I can't say in my many trips through DTD that I noticed bike racks, but if there are any I suppose that's where they would be.

Elways way
04-08-2005, 10:12 AM
I have never seen the bike racks either! I did however see a teenager riding his bike thru DTD when he was asked to get off and walk it by a security guard. Made sense to me with how congested it can get through there.

I'm all for bike racks! They could rent the racks like lockers (lol)......you know it has been brought up in a meeting before! ;)

TikiGeek
04-08-2005, 10:38 AM
...but bike riding anywhere on DLR property is prohibited Unless you are one of the Dapper Dans :D

Darkbeer
04-08-2005, 01:21 PM
Unless you are one of the Dapper Dans :D

Or a member of D.U.H. at DCA:fez:

TrekkieDad
04-08-2005, 04:47 PM
From http://www.wdwinfo.com/Disneyland/transportation.htm

BICYCLE PARKING
For those who wish to ride their bicycles to the Downtown Disney District, there is a bike rack located on the west end of Downtown Disney by the ESPN Zone and the Valet drop-off/pick-up area. Please note bicycling is prohibited in the Downtown Disney District, so you must walk your bike as you enter the property heading to the bike rack.
Isn't the Valet drop-off/pick-up area on the east side near the shuttle buses?

BQ2
04-08-2005, 08:48 PM
One time I saw five men riding one bicycle down main street! Does this help ?