PDA

View Full Version : Unusual AP upgrade question

jon80flt
04-08-2005, 06:45 AM
Hi All,
I have a different AP Upgrade question than is usually asked...

My sister and her family visited just before thanksgiving last year and they used one of the Costco 4-pack tickets...after they left the park, but before the tickets expired (about 2 weeks) I went to the ticketbooth and paid the difference ($10/ticket) to upgrade them to So Cal Select APs.

No problem so far.

Now, my sister and her family are coming for a trip in May and want to use their APs, and I just noticed something on the back that says they needed to process their AP's (take the picture, etc) by LAST WEEK.... are we in trouble?

The APs are supposed to be good until this November...

Thanks,
Jon

jon80flt
04-08-2005, 01:12 PM
Hi All,
I've now had a chance to call Disneyland and ask them directly. I wanted to answer my own question here, just incase anyone else runs into this issue.

The date printed on the back of the paper passports we got, when we upgraded my sister's family to an AP, is merely a "guideline"... the CM at Guest Services said that the first time they enter with the paper passports, they will be directed to go to the AP Process Center immediatly to get their pictures taken, etc.

They should have no problems, eventhough they won't proccess their passes until after the March 31 deadline.

The passes are, however, backdated to when the original passports were first used, back in november.

Thanks,
Jon

JosieGirl71
04-08-2005, 01:32 PM
How were you able to upgrade their tickets to SoCal AP's when (I assume) they don't live in SoCal?

experiment626
04-08-2005, 05:35 PM
If there happens to be a price increase between the "use by" date and the date you process the "vouchers" then you could/would be asked to pay the difference in price.

jon80flt
04-09-2005, 06:10 AM
If there happens to be a price increase between the "use by" date and the date you process the "vouchers" then you could/would be asked to pay the difference in price.

The CM did not mention a price increase... the only caveat is that the clock was started on their APs last november.

How were you able to upgrade their tickets to SoCal AP's when (I assume) they don't live in SoCal?

wink,wink... nudge,nudge.... :D

experiment626
04-09-2005, 07:57 AM
The CM did not mention a price increase... the only caveat is that the clock was started on their APs last november.

So you have actual "active" AP's not really vouchers. What I said applies to only actual vouchers, not active AP's.