PDA

View Full Version : Early Entry on 05-05-05

Pages : [1] 2

Aussie MouseFan
04-07-2005, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know if they will still be honouring Early Entries to the park on Thursday the 5th of May...

Thanks in advance

justme
04-08-2005, 12:11 PM
Does anyone know if they will still be honouring Early Entries to the park on Thursday the 5th of May...

Thanks in advance
Wish I could answer your question, I too am hoping to use my Early Entry on May 5th- Can anyone confirm this will be available for Thursday May 5th?

Darkbeer
04-08-2005, 01:30 PM
My GUESS.. NO, with all the special stuff going on, I doubt that they would add an additional issue....

Pureevents
04-11-2005, 11:29 PM
My GUESS.. NO, with all the special stuff going on, I doubt that they would add an additional issue....

When I called to book my fantasmic dessert, they told me that it looks like they're going to be allowing early entry that day. But they sounded really unsure, and told me to call back the week before.

melmel
04-12-2005, 12:39 AM
If they do, how can I get an early entry pass? ;)

I have a Deluxe AP and planned on arriving at the park that morning at about 7:15 am. I've never been there when the park opens, and that might just be the day to do it. :)

bradk
04-12-2005, 03:13 AM
EE is available only with purchase of a 3+ day park hopper bonus ticket

Pureevents
04-13-2005, 07:30 PM
EE is available only with purchase of a 3+ day park hopper bonus ticket

I called them today, and still no reply.
If they do allow early entry do you think I should use my entry on the 5th, or should I use it a different day?

Jeremiah
04-13-2005, 09:15 PM
No EE or Mickeys Toontown Morning Madness on May 5th. It will start back up on May 6th.

J

bradk
04-13-2005, 09:58 PM
another april fool's joke? (kidding)

but i assume you mean may 7. the 6th is a friday which is a non-EE day.

it would make sense 5/5 wouldn't be due to the nature of the event, but if you're set on getting into the park, i'd be getting there as if you could get into EE, only a much earlier EE. by mid morning, i'd be shocked if the park wasn't at capacity.

sunfun94
04-13-2005, 10:03 PM
do we know how early the park is opening?

bradk
04-13-2005, 10:06 PM
9 am as per the calendar. but that's not when people will start lining up.

people start lining up as early as 4 am (if not before) on new year's which historically (except for last year) runs at capacity. i'm willing to bet this is going to draw a bigger crowd than new year's. not that you have to line up at 4 to get in, but i'd be willing to hazard a guess that if you showed up at 10 to get on line to get in, you might be too late. it'll be interesting to find out, that much i'm sure of.

sunfun94
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
very true...my DH thinks Im nuts but I will be there VERY EARLY to make sure that I can get in...I dont know how we are going to work that out though to make they (DH and DD) can get in later...getting there by around 8ish?

Darkbeer
04-14-2005, 06:18 AM
9 am as per the calendar. but that's not when people will start lining up.

people start lining up as early as 4 am (if not before) on new year's which historically (except for last year) runs at capacity. i'm willing to bet this is going to draw a bigger crowd than new year's. not that you have to line up at 4 to get in, but i'd be willing to hazard a guess that if you showed up at 10 to get on line to get in, you might be too late. it'll be interesting to find out, that much i'm sure of.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that May 5th will be that busy, and neither does Disney...

Disney has not blocked out any AP holder, even the SoCal Select...

It is happening on a non-holiday Thursday during the school year.

I think it will be about as busy as a good sized weekend crowd (between 40 to 50 thousand), but won't approach the size that would set off any type of crowd control measures.

bradk
04-14-2005, 06:40 AM
i guess there's only one way to find out. while thursday would be a deterrent, i still think there's plenty of locals who will be calling in sick that day just to be the first on the block to know what's going on.

doesn't sound like disney should have any problem getting 2500 APers and their guests to show up on may 4, and that's a work day too.

i'll admit, i've shown up for events hours earlier than i wish i had, but that's all in hindsight. the fact is, no matter how early you get there, there's probably at least one other person who got there before you and you'll never know for sure until it's too late.

they wouldn't block AP on it either because it's the AP crowd that's going to fill the park up mid-week. it'd be suicide to block it, because it's far more questionable whether it's worth $30 not to just wait a couple of days and go on the weekend.

afterthought: in the interest of research, although i'm horrible at the sampling thing, just consider on average how many active MP'ers are at DLR each weekday. Then compare it to how many have stated they'll be there May 5.

experiment626
04-14-2005, 07:25 AM
If I didn't live 10 hours away I would be there on May 5th, even though it is a work day. Many people have personal or vacation days for things such as this.

Darkbeer
04-14-2005, 09:02 AM
And that is why there will be about triple the normal crowd...

More people than nomral arer expected, and that is why Disney has exteneded the regular hours, and placed things normally offered only on the weekends on the schedule.

But nobody at Disney expects a sell out...

And yes, the "hardcore" fans will be there, but how many "active" internet posters are on the Disney boards that live in the SoCal area, only a 1,000 or so, maybe less...

Just ran a Travelaxe search on the dates of May 4th thru 6th (2 nights), and found plenty of hotel rooms, and low rates starting under $50 a night. Doesn't look that that many folks are booking rooms for those days. Unlike the hotel availabilty and rates for the July 17th weekend.

Once again, I think the 5th will be busy, but I have a funny feeling that the weeeknd of the 7th and 8th might have higher numbers, as many AP holders show up for the first chance to check out the all the new stuff...

sunfun94
04-14-2005, 10:37 AM
I SERIOUSLY doubt that May 5th will be that busy, and neither does Disney...

Disney has not blocked out any AP holder, even the SoCal Select...

It is happening on a non-holiday Thursday during the school year.

I think it will be about as busy as a good sized weekend crowd (between 40 to 50 thousand), but won't approach the size that would set off any type of crowd control measures.

I just spoke with Disney and they are expecting very high crowds...also THERE IS EE on 5.5...thats why the park isnt opening until 9am according to the rude cm I just spoke with..but she was unsure of Mickeys Toontown Madness

justme
04-14-2005, 11:09 AM
I just spoke with Disney and they are expecting very high crowds...also THERE IS EE on 5.5...thats why the park isnt opening until 9am according to the rude cm I just spoke with..but she was unsure of Mickeys Toontown Madness
I received a reply from Vacation Planning, yesterday, regarding EE on May 5th and the email stated it will NOT be available.

sunfun94
04-14-2005, 11:13 AM
I received a reply from Vacation Planning, yesterday, regarding EE on May 5th and the email stated it will NOT be available.

its so nice to know that we can get a straight answer huh? :rolleyes:

sunfun94
04-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Ok, I called again and have confirmed that you were right... they are NOT going to have EE on 5.5 ... apparently they just received a memo on this yesterday... sorry for the confusion

However they are infact expecting high crowds and was unsure whether they were going to be allowing guests into the park 30 minutes before rope drop?? :confused:

Darkbeer
04-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Note, someone stated that May 5th would be busier than New Year's Eve... my reply was that it wouldn't be that busy...

As I posted earlier, it will be a busy Thursday, but will not require the park to stop selling tickets, etc...

Why?...

Let's compare...

May 5th.. a off season Thursday, when most kids are supposed to be in school

July 17th, a Peak season Sunday, when all kids have the day off

May 5th, a "make believe" day decided by Disney Marketing

July 17th, the true first day of operation of Disneyland, (The first true day of the park being open to the public was actually July 18th...)

The events and media coverage of from all the Disney parks on May 5th will help drive attendance on July 17th.

May 5th, a busy day...

July 17th, a day that you should plan to be in line by about 10 AM (per Disney Merchandising)...

I still stand behind my thoughts that May 7th and 8th will have higher crowds than May 5th...

Only time will tell...

Disnerd
04-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Backstage at WOD they have put up flyers asking that CR's who want more hours and OT on 5-5 to 5-7 to contact scheduling. So it looks like the park is expecting crowds. With the first wave of 50th. merch. hitting the stores I'm sure store ops is going to break some records. Hotel shops will load in the new stuff first. W.O.D. does their change out the night of the 30th. So once the word gets out that new stuff is on stage I expect the store to be packed like we were giving away puppies!

sunfun94
04-14-2005, 10:27 PM
some of the merch thats already out is quite cute...its seems to be pretty popular?

Disneyfreak
04-14-2005, 10:41 PM
My whole family is taking the day off for this event. I am sure there are tons of others in the same boat. I am guessing they will get close to capacity that day.

melmel
04-14-2005, 10:50 PM
My whole family is taking the day off for this event. I am sure there are tons of others in the same boat. I am guessing they will get close to capacity that day.
Yup, I am using my last absenses in four of my college classes (my school counts attendance!) to be able to stay the whole day. If my mom knew, she would K-I-L-L me. ;)