PDA

View Full Version : Crowds: Late April vs. early May

greenscreenltd
04-07-2005, 11:10 PM
I know this might be splitting hairs, but I'm curious which days are likely to be lighter -- a weekday like April 19-21 or a weekday in early May

My instinct was that once it gets to early May, it will be chaos leading up to and following the hoopla of the 5th. I guess on the other hand, there are people who will want to use up the 2fer promotion before it expires at the end of the month. But I'm trying to minimize the insanity, if that's possible. Any thoughts?

thanks so much!

bradk
04-08-2005, 04:18 AM
won't matter much. i would definitely avoid may between the 5-12 or so, but other than that, it should be about the same up until the end of may, prior to memorial day weekend

D-lander 1956
04-08-2005, 07:19 AM
But I'm trying to minimize the insanity, if that's possible. Any thoughts?

Don't think it matters which date you choose. I was there Wed and it is already extremely crowded, which I am sure is because of the 2Fer.

SCUBAbe
04-08-2005, 08:40 AM
the last weekend in April is usually busy...it's the last day for the 2fer and people tend to wait until the last minute....or so it seemed last year...

MartyLuvsTigger
04-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I thought the 2fer ran out April 28? That was why I am going April 29th.... ;)

bradk
04-08-2005, 08:47 AM
shades of conversations past.

we must not neglect the adult at child price offering which must be used by 4/28 but is good through 5/11.

The old man
04-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Don't think it matters which date you choose. I was there Wed and it is already extremely crowded, which I am sure is because of the 2Fer.
How 'bout that it's still spring break for much of socal?
David

SCUBAbe
04-08-2005, 09:00 AM
I thought the 2fer ran out April 28? That was why I am going April 29th.... ;)

I hope so...I know I went on the last weekend people could use it last year and DCA was really packed. To be honest DL wasn't that bad..>:)

mkcbunny
04-08-2005, 01:11 PM
:(

mkcbunny
04-08-2005, 01:13 PM
we must not neglect the adult at child price offering which must be used by 4/28 but is good through 5/11.
Because they could use it 4/28 for one day but then hold off on the other days until later in the 13-day window? I didn't even think of that?! How many people could take advantage of that as far out as 5/11? Wouldn't you have to be local, and don't locals buy different tix than the rest of us? :)

You all are scaring me. I booked 5/11-13 to get in before Memorial Day but after everything was open again. And we wanted to avoid the first weekend after the 50th stuff is up [and weekends altogether - only includiing a Friday to see Fantasmic!] Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't put it off for just one week and go from the 18-20th...

Will the local AP die-hards wait a week or two 'til the dust settles after the 5th, or are they going to charge right in there to see it all asap?

Worried up north here. :(

SCUBAbe
04-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Will the local AP die-hards wait a week or two 'til the dust settles after the 5th, or are they going to charge right in there to see it all asap?

Worried up north here. :(

the local die hards pretty much go whenever they want. Crowds do not bother them...they live so close they can go in for a few hours and leave...I think some go several times a week. I'mm planning on going in may..either the 15th or the 31st.....

The Mouse Is Back
04-08-2005, 03:10 PM
The last two weeks of May are usually pretty good, especially in the mornings. Judging by hotel room availability, it should be the same this year. We're planning on going for two mini-vacations - one the last week of April, and one the third week of May.

There's always been a slight lull right before Memorial Day, and I'm rolling the dice on a slight lull right before the May 5th pandemonium.

-Allegra-

RemainSeatedPlease
04-08-2005, 07:43 PM
yea we were thinking the week of april 19th, thats my spring break..