PDA

View Full Version : Fourth night free at the DLR hotels

Pages : [1] 2

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 02:36 PM
I just saw on www.disneyland.com under special offers that the DLR hotels are offering a fourth night free with a three night stay at any of the DLR hotels. I got the same deal through Expedia not too long ago for December 2005. The offer is good from 8/5/2005- 12/18/2005; travel must be completed by 12/22/2005. Thanksgiving weekend is not included in this deal.

This has me wondering if reservations for the 50th are not what Disney expected (lower than projected)?

smjoseph
04-07-2005, 04:36 PM
While I hope Disney all the best with their current promotion, (after all a prospering Disneyland is a growing Disneyland) I'm also hoping for a few specials to sweeten the pot for this time period as I am planning our annual December trip to the park and would love to stay at the Disneyland Hotel. Unfortunately, that may also be hoping against Disney.

CoasterChickie
04-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Oh good, the really cool thing about those dates is that the next MA will probably fall somewhere in them. I wonder if the rates will be better through the Disney website or with our AP's. This past March we got a better rate with our AP's, but didn't know that till fairly late in the game. Booking hotel rooms at the cheapest rate is like playing the stock market, I tells ya!! :)

smjoseph
04-07-2005, 04:39 PM
CoasterChickie, you are very right! But, I've heard that the AP discounts on hotels will be scarce this year.

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 04:42 PM
CC- do we know when the MA is? I will reserve a room now if we know the dates. We can always change to AP rates if they are lower.

smjoseph, right now Expedia is offering the DLH for $153 a night average (that includes the free night). :)

smjoseph
04-07-2005, 04:43 PM
Sweet, I'm headed out to Secure that!

CoasterChickie
04-07-2005, 04:45 PM
RY-I don't think they've decided on a date yet.

Note to those who are thinking of booking at one of the DLR for December through Expedia...better do so quickly. Early last week, Renta and I both booked for Dec. 9-13 at the PPH for an average of $120 per night , and those dates are no longer available at that rate. But the DLH still has those dates for $153 per night like renta said.

If you decide to cancel there's only a $25 cancellation fee.

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 04:53 PM
CC, you took the words out of my mouth. And apparently Javanod is cool with this Decmeber trip ;)

$120 per night was just too good to pass up. I have stayed at the DLH twice and have been wanting to try the PPH. I think DH will dig the beach theme.

WooHoo! Disneyland with the CC family and the Marox3 family this December!!!

I'm not really excited about it.

Marox3
04-07-2005, 05:26 PM
CC, you took the words out of my mouth. And apparently Javanod is cool with this Decmeber trip ;)

$120 per night was just too good to pass up. I have stayed at the DLH twice and have been wanting to try the PPH. I think DH will dig the beach theme.

You are a nut . . . . We can't wait either.

ps - I'm still holding.

ima_mickeyfan
04-07-2005, 05:39 PM
Well I hope all of you that are already grouped together have a great time during MA. I of course will be sitting at home cause no one has invited me to be in their group. lol, can't go anyway, but the invite would be nice! :D

Marox3
04-07-2005, 05:56 PM

Renta - you have a PM.

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Well I hope all of you that are already grouped together have a great time during MA. I of course will be sitting at home cause no one has invited me to be in their group. lol, can't go anyway, but the invite would be nice! :D

You can be our "at home" mascot :D

The dates we are talking about in December aren't for MA; they are just because.

Crazy4DL
04-07-2005, 06:17 PM

Or you can join the "Lonely Hearts" - some of us are hoping to go to MA this fall but the spring one we were all sitting at home and I Heart DL started a Lonely Heart club and all are allowed to join, so come right on in. :D We throw grapes and all kinds of fun stuff, and oh yeah you have to wear PINK or Emma will not be pleased ;)

Marox3
04-07-2005, 06:29 PM
The deal seems pretty good. It's with Walt Disney Travel. I'm use to calling the hotel only for ressies, so this was different.

The package includes extras - lanyard w/pin, priority seating at Aladdin, Bug's Life and Muppets, early admission to Fantasyland and Toontown, plus $10.00 for ESPN Zone.

Have to pay $200 deposit within 10 days, and balance 30 days before arrival.

So, I booked it.....YEAH!! Extras!!!! :D

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 06:33 PM
:crying: Unless the extras are worth $204, I am better staying with Expedia for my room and getawaytoday for DH's and the kidlets' Hoppers.

You'll have to make your PS for 11 extra people :D

CoasterChickie
04-07-2005, 06:36 PM

Hey, I'll invite you. Last time we started with 4 and the "group" got bigger and bigger and bigger!! One thing I've learned over the years is it's never hard to find someone who wants to go to DL with you!!! :fez:

Marox3
04-07-2005, 06:43 PM
:crying: Unless the extras are worth $204, I am better staying with Expedia for my room and getawaytoday for DH's and the kidlets' Hoppers.

You'll have to make your PS for 5 extra people :D

No problem :fez:

WITron
04-07-2005, 08:33 PM
I had been wondering if anyone was going to be there in Dec when we go. We are getting there on the 4th and leaving the 11th.

rentayenta
04-08-2005, 05:06 AM
I had been wondering if anyone was going to be there in Dec when we go. We are getting there on the 4th and leaving the 11th.

The Renta, Coaster, and Marox family will be there from the 9-13.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-08-2005, 06:37 AM
I'll be there the 7th - 11th! :D

CoasterChickie
04-08-2005, 07:47 AM
Sounds like we're going to have to plan another meet of some kind!! :)

evrythngwmn
04-08-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey, I'll invite you. Last time we started with 4 and the "group" got bigger and bigger and bigger!! One thing I've learned over the years is it's never hard to find someone who wants to go to DL with you!!! :fez:

I once could not find anyone to go with me to a private party at DL. I just couldn't believe it. I need new friends.

pisces
04-08-2005, 08:20 AM
I feel Walt Disney Travel Company (Is that the same as the Disney Booking site?)......is NOT the way to go. IMHO

Even with all their discounts and 4th day free.......their markup is so high to begin with......that it really isn't good value once they throw in all the discounts. IMHO

I don't like Expedia, because they only buy up a certain amount of spaces which go too quickly.....plus all the back-end fees (if any).....and you've got no flexibility (I've heard) to make changes once you're on the property. IMHO

For me, AAA is still the best route. I can only speak from my 7-day experience between Christmas and New Years, last year. With AAA, and buying the hotel and park hoppers separately, I had tremendous flexibility, was able to add and subtract days, get price adjustments, even half-way through my stay, ........such that I can't imagine booking through anyone else.

For me, AAA, and doing everything ala carte is the way to go!

ima_mickeyfan
04-08-2005, 08:59 AM

The dates we are talking about in December aren't for MA; they are just because.
ok, I will go for the at home mascott!! lol I hope you all have a wonderful time together MA or not!!

MsYumiBr
04-08-2005, 09:00 AM
For me, AAA, and doing everything ala carte is the way to go!

Did you still get all the AAA perks like the "enhanced" fastpass, lanyard, etc.?