PDA

View Full Version : Walking from the Sheraton to DLR

Chadsgal
04-07-2005, 02:13 PM
Hello everyone! My family and I will be staying at the Sheraton this June and we haven’t stayed there scents 1988. Last time we stayed at Paradise Pier and we walked every morning through DTD to the parks. I looked at a couple maps and the distance from the Sheraton and DTD seems to be the same as from Paradise Pier. Can anyone confirm this??

Thanks a bunch!!! :)

cstephens
04-07-2005, 02:23 PM
Do you mean the Sheraton on Ball Road? If so, they have a great shuttle service from the hotel, so you can take that. It's walkable, but it is a fairly long walk.

Chadsgal
04-07-2005, 02:26 PM
The address is South Disneyland Drive. We are considering the Shuttle does anyone know if it is just a shuttle for the Shearton or if it stops at other hotels?

cstephens
04-07-2005, 02:27 PM
The address is South Disneyland Drive. We are considering the Shuttle does anyone know if it is just a shuttle for the Shearton or if it stops at other hotels?

Yeah, that sounds like the one. It's a shuttle that just goes back and forth between the Sheraton and the shuttle drop-off area at Disneyland. I think it runs every half hour or so. We found it extremely convenient.

Chadsgal
04-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Thanks for the info! :D

CoasterChickie
04-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I stayed at the Anaheim Sheraton last fall. It's a beautiful hotel. I was going to walk to DL via DTD in the morning as I love starting the day that way , but it was farther than I thought it would be to go. And I would have had to cross more busy streets to get there. I think the PPH is closer...you walk out the front door, turn to the left to go to the crosswalk , go across Disneyland Way and then you are basically on the grounds of the Grand Californian. You can go through the lobby, keep to the left and head toward DTD. Or you can go through the lobby, head toward the pool and restaurants and use the entrance into DCA. It takes about 10 minutes to do either if you are a fairly fast walker.

The shuttle from the Sheraton to DL is pretty quick too! :)

Chadsgal
04-07-2005, 04:37 PM
Thanks!!! :)

Disneyphile
04-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Um, MouseAdventure staff?? Please don't get any ideas for the next Invitational. :p

Opus1guy
04-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Some comments of mine (and others) can be found in these 2 past threads on the Sheraton Anaheim:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=27928

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32308

Niwel
04-07-2005, 06:18 PM
Um, MouseAdventure staff?? Please don't get any ideas for the next Invitational. :p

ooohhh great idea Disneyphile! -- I'll be sure to share with the others :~D

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 06:20 PM
ooohhh great idea Disneyphile! -- I'll be sure to share with the others :~D

Speaking of MA, your favorite hotel question was the only that I got right and that was for 0 points.

Niwel
04-07-2005, 06:25 PM
Speaking of MA, your favorite hotel question was the only that I got right and that was for 0 points.
Hey -- you got a crazy straw if memory serves. :)
But Renta is right, it is my fave hotel (the beds are WONDERFUL!), but I wouldn't walk it. I have the parking pass for Mickey and Friends, so I just drive my car over in the mornings. Once, though I drove the car in the morning, took the shuttle back to the Sheraton for a nap, hopped on the shuttle back to the park and then took my car at the end of the night.

If you do walk it there IS a sidewalk (crossing ball road, along the east side of Disneyland Drive) but you might be very tired when you get to Disneyland...

CoasterChickie
04-07-2005, 06:41 PM
I wondered how long it would be before Opus1guy and Niwel popped onto this thread. Opus1guy, mu hubby is also a member of the Starwood Elite group....I love all the perks he gets!! :)

Chadsgal
04-08-2005, 02:44 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for all the wonderful info!! :) I am really looking forward to staying there!!!

Opus1guy
04-08-2005, 04:29 PM
Chadsgal...we're at the Sheraton right now and are staying here thru Monday with some good friends from France that are visiting and doing the whole southland tourist thing. If you have any other questions, just post them and when I get a moment I'll try to find you an answer.