PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Dates

lauramaynot
04-07-2005, 01:39 PM
I was just reading another thread and saw dates of rides opening and I remembered something that I have been thinking about. A few of dates in Disneyland history are also dates of things that happened in my life. WIERD! for example, my dad was born in 1955 same year as DL's opening. My husband and I were married July 17th 1999 on DL's 44th b-day. I just learned on my last trip that Space Mountain opened in May of 1977. I was born May 1977 hence space mountain and I are the same age. Disneyland is also closing on my birthday this year, May 4th to reopen with the celebration in full gear.

What about you guys? Does anyone else have these kind of coincidences?

SCUBAbe
04-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I was just reading another thread and saw dates of rides opening and I remembered something that I have been thinking about. A few of dates in Disneyland history are also dates of things that happened in my life. WIERD! for example, my dad was born in 1955 same year as DL's opening. My husband and I were married July 17th 1999 on DL's 44th b-day. I just learned on my last trip that Space Mountain opened in May of 1977. I was born May 1977 hence space mountain and I are the same age. Disneyland is also closing on my birthday this year, May 4th to reopen with the celebration in full gear.

What about you guys? Does anyone else have these kind of coincidences?

yeah, but mostly for wdw...:)..it opened the yrar I was born, but I'm sure that true for thousands of people..if not millions..:)

Mukta
04-07-2005, 01:51 PM
EPCOT opened on my 4th birthday!

rentayenta
04-07-2005, 01:56 PM
My inlaws 50th wedding anniversary is this year. They went to Disneyland the first week that it was open. I am going to get them golden mouse ears as one of their gifts.

zugzug15
04-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Why did I think this thread was gonna be about having a date in disneyland? hahaha

Leash81
04-07-2005, 03:36 PM
The only thing I can think of is that my birthday is one month before Disneyland's, June 17th. I was born in 1981 though so we are no the same age.