PDA

View Full Version : Is a Character Dinner better than A Character Breakfast?

ima_mickeyfan
04-07-2005, 09:11 AM
We have plans on going to goofy's kitchen for dinner, but i was also thinking of adding a special breakfast with stitch as a suprise for my family including dh, who loves stitch..i think he loves his distruction! lol, anyway would it really be worth the extra cost as far as different characters interacting. I know I am going to pay lots of $$ for a family of 6, especially when my dd's only eat micro amounts and i am worried that with all the interaction they may be hungry an hour later. We will be able to see stitch and lilo in DCA right?

wenderella
04-07-2005, 09:36 AM
ADD IT! We did the Aloha Breakfast w/Lilo & Stitch at the beginning of February for my son's 9th birthday. He is the hugest Stitch fan....and It was the best birthday present he received. We had unlimited character interaction, in fact the funniest interaction with Goofy I have ever had...actualy written conversation. IT was hillarious...I was in tears. Stitch was great and they all sang happy birthday...the whole bit. I did make reservations, and they had balloons and all. The food was great and not just a buffet. There is an actual menu too. Great for my son who I knew would only eat the pancakes/waffles off of the buffet. There was a menu with those items on there for less $. We spent quite a bit of time there, it wasn't crowded and we took our time. We were able to eat slower and weren't rushed.
Lilo and Stitch will definetly be in DCA. Most likely in Sunshine Plaza...but do the breakfast. You won't regret it.
Have FUN! - ALOHA!

Terri
04-07-2005, 09:42 AM
In the past, we've done breakfast at Goofy's, and the plaza Inn and a dinner at Ariel's. As far as interaction goes, it seemed better at the dinner, but I'm not sure if it was the fact that it was dinner or the location. I've never done the one at Paradise Hotel...we're considering the one at the Grand Californian for Breakfast. Maybe even do the dinner at Ariel's (or captain Mickey's or whatever the name is now!). The problem I found with the breakfasts were they were very crowded and the kids were all wound up so the characters didn't get around to all of the tables.

I expect my son to behave and be respectful, so he winds up not getting the same attention as those kids who are allowed to chase after the characters or go up to them while they are at someone else's table. By dinner, those same kids seem to be more mellow (read tired!) and don't wander around as much...not sure if there's anything to it or not concerning the interaction of characters per child...

Anyway...I realize this doesn't really answer your question :p but it does give you something to think about until someone really has an answer!

ima_mickeyfan
04-07-2005, 09:43 AM
sounds like so much fun! I think I may add it and suprise them all!
:D

pisces
04-07-2005, 10:19 AM
The difference between a Character breakfast and dinner, is the difference between omelets and prime rib.

Eggs are cheap, and I can have them any time. Knowing the price of eggs, it's hard for me to justify an omelet bar as a reason to spend a lot of money on a character breakfast.

I think steak and prime rib justify the high prices a bit more.

I, personally, would only do Goofys at dinner.

kohl
04-07-2005, 03:09 PM
We always do a character dinner and character breakfast. They are worth it!
There are a lot more things there than just eggs.