PDA

View Full Version : Crowds on Friday, April 8th?

animagusurreal
04-06-2005, 07:53 PM
Hello,

Was wondering if you all could peer into Madam Leota's crystal ball and see what crowds will be like this Friday, April 8th. :fez:

But seriously, I was wondering if you all have any educated guesses as to the crowd situation, and also if you think DCA will be as crowded as DL due to 2fer. Last time we went in early June, and DL was packed, but DCA was practically empty! We didn't even need Fastpasses for anything in DCA! But, of course, 2fer wasn't going on then...

I'm hoping both parks will be a little less crowded because I'm thinking the tourists will have come for Spring Break, or else be waiting for the 05/05/05 celebration to begin. Hope I'm not too far off base...

Brent

(Going day after tommorow!!! :D :D :D )

bradk
04-06-2005, 10:11 PM
spring breaks are still going on. recent trip reports still refer to large crowds.

sorry, but it's a hope for the best, prepare for the worst situation.

WITron
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
We went last April and it was a mad house. I think the two biggest reasons were the weather was extremely nice and the Southern Cal deals they had going. We got there right at park opening so we had FL pretty much to ourselves until after about 11 then it got packed. So we went back to our hotel room for a nap for a few hours and then went back to the park to catch the afternoon parade.

nursemelis374
04-07-2005, 06:38 AM
I went on Tuesday and it was pretty crowded, but I think still manageable. My suggestion is to have a good plan for doing all you want to do. Get there early and use FastPass. The weather was perfect though. DCA wasn't that crowded. We waited 25 minutes for TOT an hour before closing. The weather was perfect! It was so warm that we were walking around in capris and sleeveless shirts until 8!

I will also be there for a few hours on Friday night.

D-lander 1956
04-07-2005, 08:35 AM
oooh, I was there yesterday in the afternoon, and I was shocked how crowded it was. It seemed like a lot of groups of kids and families are still present. We were there about 2 1/2 hours only riding TOT, BTM and Tiki room-then ended up walking and people watching. No line was less than 45 minutes, fast passes were all gone for the day, every snack cart had long lines and restaurants were full. :( It was a warm and summer-like day indeed.

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
People keep referring to the "2fer." What is that, exactly? And when iis it valid? Sounds like something to plan around/avoid.

justlittleoldme
04-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Sunday was pretty crowded, but not too bad. Monday was a little less crowded then Sunday, and Wednesday was pretty empty. It seems like Friday night gets really busy with people wanting to go out and have fun, esp. after work gets out.

The 2fer was a So-Cal offer to get a one day disneyland and a one day DCA ticket for the price of a one day, one park ticket.

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 12:02 PM
The 2fer was a So-Cal offer to get a one day disneyland and a one day DCA ticket for the price of a one day, one park ticket.

Does that promo have an expiration date? Will it be gone by 5/5/05?

SCUBAbe
04-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Does that promo have an expiration date? Will it be gone by 5/5/05?

last weekend in april...

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 12:07 PM
last weekend in april...

Woooo hoooo! Thanks. With all the 50th ads, and the 2fer, and the special Adults Play at the Kids Price tix through 4/28, PLUS spring breaks and Easter ... no wonder it's been super crowded!!!

SoCalDude
04-07-2005, 12:09 PM
We went on Tuesday the 5th and did not think it was that bad.

15 minutes for POTC, 10 for Small World, 15 for Matterhorn, 15 for Buzz, 5 for Pooh, etc.

The longest wait we had all day was for food, lol - 30 minutes in line to get my french dip in NOSquare :mad:

Splash DID have a 105 minute wait and was out of fast passes, but we did not plan on that ride so it did not matter - the line SUCKS with the stupid new logs. If you want to go on this take the train over to NOSquare first thing and get a fastpass ASAP.

No idea what it was in DCA, we did not go there.

nursemelis374
04-07-2005, 03:17 PM
Wow, when I was there on Tuesday the line for Buzz was 35-45 minutes from 4 until closing! Peter Pan was 50 minutes. Indy was only 35 though. This was all after 4. Splash was 105 though, I was sad because I really wanted to ride it!