PDA

View Full Version : Hilton Garden Inn - Garden Grove

goober7011
04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
My family insists on staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Garden Grove. Even though I disagree (We can get the Park Inn right accorss the street for $20 less :( :mad: ) we are petty much set. I just want to know how the hotel is. How dependable is ART? I'm sure for some reason that they will want to walk and how far is that walk?
I guess it's ok. I'm going to Disneyland!!!
Thanks
-Goober

Andrew
04-06-2005, 06:47 PM
The Hilton Garden Inn in Garden Grove is, hands down, our favorite Disneyland-area hotel. It is most definitely not walking distance. They offer a free, relatively frequent shuttle (not tied in with ART).

The hotel is very comfortable: decent-sized rooms, good water pressure and temperature in the showers, and it's hooked up to Garden Grove's municipal water so you don't get the Anaheim sludge. The restaurant has a pretty good breakfast buffet. It's real food, not a skimpy "continental breakfast", but it's not free.

All rooms have free wired high-speed Internet, and the lobby has a free WiFi hotspot.

The hotel is walking distance from several decent restaurants, and is across the street from Target.

goober7011
04-06-2005, 07:48 PM
The Hilton Garden Inn in Garden Grove is, hands down, our favorite Disneyland-area hotel. It is most definitely not walking distance. They offer a free, relatively frequent shuttle (not tied in with ART).

The hotel is very comfortable: decent-sized rooms, good water pressure and temperature in the showers, and it's hooked up to Garden Grove's municipal water so you don't get the Anaheim sludge. The restaurant has a pretty good breakfast buffet. It's real food, not a skimpy "continental breakfast", but it's not free.

All rooms have free wired high-speed Internet, and the lobby has a free WiFi hotspot.

The hotel is walking distance from several decent restaurants, and is across the street from Target.

Thanks for the info. I am getting over not staying accross the street like we have almost every time we have went since I was 1.
I contacted the hotel directly and they now use the ART line and are going to begin to charge for parking. It is on the ART route K sharing a stop with Hampton Inn & Suites. Surprisingly that is the only stop.
-Goober

John Wayne Airport
05-31-2005, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the info. I am getting over not staying accross the street like we have almost every time we have went since I was 1.
I contacted the hotel directly and they now use the ART line and are going to begin to charge for parking. It is on the ART route K sharing a stop with Hampton Inn & Suites. Surprisingly that is the only stop.
-Goober
I liked the free shuttle. Now I will have to use ART. :crying:

disneyscott
05-31-2005, 04:20 PM
That hotel shares the parking lot for 3 Hiltion hotels, A Hampton Inn, Embassy Suites and the Garden Inn, so it breakes down to rate and for My money $169 at the Embassy with the cooked to order breakfast and free booze from 5pm to 7 and pool is the best of the three

Hampton second $89-$129 with there 2 pools a kiddie soak pool and regular pool and there breakfast in the morning helps with the rate now that they have some cooked items now.

I guess it breaks down to rate at the Garden Inn then what are you paying? Do they have any type of free bees? or even a pool I cant remember?

As for there free shuttle it saves the parking fee and I dont think it is on the Art system but it only has about 4 stops and your at the park on the lion king tram side

Also use the AAA card as well it takes the sting out of the rate by 10% and they have never ask to see the card.

John Wayne Airport
05-31-2005, 04:48 PM
As for there free shuttle it saves the parking fee and I dont think it is on the Art system but it only has about 4 stops and your at the park on the lion king tram side

On their website they say they now use ART. Also the ART website says the Hilton Garden Inn is ART.

Opus1guy
05-31-2005, 05:07 PM
The newer Hilton Garden Inns (like the Anaheim one is) tend to be very nice as you've read. My only complaint is that due to their popularity, rates tend to be rather high for a "lower-end" brand such as this. I'm often surprised to find lower rates in the same town at the full service Hiltons.

But they are popular (especially with Road Warrior business travelers), which accounts for generally high rates and occupancy at these.

Mermaid
05-31-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah I am pretty sure they use ART now too! I stayed at Embassy Suites next door a couple years ago and loved it! When I was checking rates for my last trip it was the same price as Hampton which is in the same complex as someone said. At Hampton there was free breakfast and at HGI there was not. Somthing to check out!! It is probably 1.5-2 miles to the park so not walking distance but a short drive or shuttle ride. I think it took us 5-10 minutes depending on traffic!! Have fun!!