PDA

View Full Version : New ride experiences

Lekta
04-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I was reading Coasterchickies trip report (lovin it! :D ) and read that Mukta has some different ways to experience rides. That brings me to my question, what are some things that you might do to make a ride feel fresh or new to you?

She suggested closing your eyes on Cali Screamin I believe, which sounds like a great idea. I will have to try that.

I am asking this because I'm sure that on our 5 day trip, we will surely ride everything multiple times and it would be a blast to experience rides in different ways.

Thank you all kindy!

bradk
04-06-2005, 01:34 PM
closing your eyes on any roller coaster enhances the effect (the same would go for maliboomer and probably TOT as well). it has to do with the sensation of your brain not knowing where you're heading and being in even less control. also, enthusiasts like to ride backwards if the opportunity is afforded to them (where the cars are placed on the track backwards).

skoolpsyk
04-06-2005, 02:31 PM
something interesting I've noticed is that when I'm on the eliptical and monitoring my heart rate, if I just close my eyes and don't change my speed or anything, my pulse goes way up! try it!

Surfingstitch
04-06-2005, 02:46 PM
I love the front seat on Screamin.

It's the best.

Rouxe1688
04-06-2005, 03:08 PM
There's always the obvious, ride everything at night. It's crazy how much more fun everything seems at night, all the darkness and all the lights whirling by. It's fantastic. Also, i noticed this when riding with people bigger than me, that when the safety bar isn't pulled down all the way, just enough to still be safe, it's a ton more fun. You fly up when the ride goes down. Love it.

mkcbunny
04-06-2005, 08:20 PM
There's always the "ride what other people aren't" tactic. If you go early and everyone's racing to the big rides, go to something secondary that's empty. Riding a ride nearly alone is a different experience. You can often get a boat on Pirates of the Caribbean to yourself first thing, when the kids are in Fantasyland and the teens are on Indy/Buzzz/Space Mtn [when open].

Ride something you don't think you'll like. It was several trips before we hit the Enchanted Tiki Room, and you never know what you'll like!!!