PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon at DLR

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Okay so here it is.. Me and my girlfriend are getting married on Wednesday the 13th of april and we will be starting off our honeymoon on thursday the 14 at DLR of course. Do to our work scheduals we only have the two days off. Any sugestions to help make it even more special then it already will be. ohhh.... and dont forget to say hi if you happen to be up there and see us. we will have our mickey mouse ears (top hat for me and tiera with vail for her) and our Guest of Honor badges with our names (Nathen and Trish).

Wish us luck. I cant wait..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Tiger W
04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
Goodluck, have a great time!

My wife and I honeymooned in so cal and spent some time in Disneyland. We had a blast! Don't be afraid to tell people you are on your honeymoon, they will go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience.

That reminds me.... our anniverary is on the 22nd, best get to plannin'

mystycalchyk
04-06-2005, 12:42 PM
OOOh yay we honeymooned in DL too :)

Definitely wear your bride and groom hats, we wore ours and tons of CMs would shout out congrats to us, and we even got our own boat on POTC (and this was in peak season in the middle of July!!) not because we asked but because the CM was super nice.

I would try to do a nice romantic dinner at the Blue Bayou if I were you (call ahead for PS) and ask for a table by the water.

Also it probably is too late to get Fantasmic balcony seating but you never know, we lucked out year before last and booked 3 or 4 days ahead of time. Cant hurt to try.

Have a wonderful time :)

04-06-2005, 12:45 PM
*sob!*

I am green with envy.

bradk
04-06-2005, 12:49 PM
we even got our own boat on POTC

just don't do anything 'funny' on the ride. the cameras see most.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-06-2005, 12:56 PM
lol. funny on POTC never...
By the way we wake up to the sound track for POTC every morning :)

Does anyone know what it cost for balcony seats for fanasmic?

bradk
04-06-2005, 12:57 PM
i believe it's currently $54pp

kohl
04-06-2005, 01:15 PM
Congratulation! We will be in Disneyland April 10- 15. My son's 7th Birthday is April 13. We will keep a lookout for you two!

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-06-2005, 01:45 PM
Congratulation! We will be in Disneyland April 10- 15. My son's 7th Birthday is April 13. We will keep a lookout for you two!
hope to see you and your family. we will be the two adults 28 and 33 who have the biggest smiles.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-06-2005, 02:07 PM
by the way i plan i haveing lots of pictures :)

Jewels
04-06-2005, 02:29 PM
Try Granvilles in the Disneyland Hotel. I know they are known to do a little something special at dinner if they know you are celebrating something. We got a wonderful dessert with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate on the plate. A very nice surprise.

Elways way
04-06-2005, 02:56 PM
Napa Rose has got to be the best! Definitely a little pricey.....but seems to be worth it on that special occasion by all accounts. Congrats and have a great time (like that will be hard to do :) )

Niwel
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Congrats!!!!

When I was working King Arthur's Carrousel one night several years ago, I met a couple who was on their honeymoon. During the ride I was able to jump on and off (a very cool skill), so I jumped on and got took photo of them on the horses (wearing their bride and groom mouse ears). It was a one-of-a-kind shot and they were so thankful!

I'd say try and get as many pics taken as possible. Ask a CM (it it isn't too busy) or another guest to take your photo when you board the attraction or visit the show. Get your pic taken with "bug's eyes" from "It's Tough to Be a Bug"; on Peter pan's Flight; the back of the fire truck down Main Street; next to a tiki inside the "Tiki Room"; under the trellis on Storybook Boats; on Dumbo; etc... and -- my fave spot -- Snow White's Grotto (see sig). :D

Inkman
04-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Wife and i got married many moons ago this coming May. Our "official" honeymoon was a cruise in the Carribean in October, but our "unofficial" honeymoon was spent at DL the week following our wedding.

Advice?

Stay at a very nice place. We are DLH mainstays.

Have a romantic dinner every other nite. Or every nite.

Have a complete blast and hug each other as much as possible, knowing where you are and why.

Just have a blast and take lots of pics to remember it by. The years will fly by and you'll have a great time looking back on your honeymoon after 10 or 15 years. Plus your kids will crack up at what you looked like 10 or 15 years from now. Don't ask how i know that last part. :D

Al

MrsPooh
04-06-2005, 03:20 PM
My wife and I honeymooned in so cal and spent some time in Disneyland. We had a blast! Don't be afraid to tell people you are on your honeymoon, they will go out of their way to make sure you have a good experience.

I was going to say that too! ;) We honeymooned at DL too (along with a cruise) and the travel agent made sure everyone along the way knew we were honeymooners. We got a complimentary bottle of wine (HoJo's) and all kinds of special treatment along the way. Make sure everyone knows!

mkcbunny
04-06-2005, 07:22 PM
How nice. My husband and I will be heading to DLR in May for our 15th. he's never been.

I definitely second the Napa Rose idea. It's pricey but yummy, and not stuffy. If it's beyond your budget for dinner, you can also sit in the lounge outside it for a drink; they sometimes have a jazz group playing there at night. It's very adult and relaxing. You can get light appetizers from the restaurant menu there, too.

Ride the Jungle Cruise at night. The narration keeps it from being "romantic," per se, but it's cool.

Storyland Boats at dusk are nice.

Pirates of the Caribbean is kind of snuggly. Maybe you can get your own boat if you go early.

Share hot chocolate for the fireworks and/or Fantasmic!
[Definitely try to see Fantamic! if you are there on a weekend night.]

Ride the train together.

Go right at opening when there are fewer people at the park. It's more romantic when it's less crowded.

At DCA, take a break off-meal-hours and have a glass of wine at the winery.

sdfilmcritic
04-06-2005, 08:17 PM
My cousin had his honeymoon at the GCH and both him and his wife absolutely loved it!

bradk
04-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Ride the Jungle Cruise at night. The narration keeps it from being "romantic," per se, but it's cool.

Storyland Boats at dusk are nice.

sadly, both are closed for refurbishments until may.

mkcbunny
04-07-2005, 11:45 AM
sadly, both are closed for refurbishments until may.

Argh. Sorry. I forgot about the refurbishment schedule going on now. I'm planning for mid-May, so most of the rides will be back up when I go. Good to point that out. Thanks.

I'll add, if you can work it out so that you are in a far corner of the park when it closes and you lag behind the exiting crowd, being in the park at night as it empties is romantic.

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Thanks everyone for the great ideas. we are both excited to go and cant wait only 5 more days till the wedding and 6 more till we are at DLR. hehehehe my stomach is al fluttery.

bassett1976
04-08-2005, 10:03 AM
My advice is similar to others. Wear your hats everywher. People will ask you what the special occasion is for and then you tell them its your honeymoon. Do not tell people it's your honeymoon but wait for them to ask. IMHO, This is when the cast members tend to try and do something special for you. If you tell them then they might be less inclined to do something nice. It's like you expecting something to happen when you tell people before they ask.

My wife and I did visit DLR on our honeymoon. We did some really fun things like the Fantasmic Dessert buffet, Blue Boyou and Napa Rose. At Napa Rose they asked us if we had a special occasion and we told them it was our last day at the DLR resort for our Honeymoon. They gave us dessert (on them) and it had Congrats written in chocolate on the plate. It was a nice touch. The fantasmic thing was wonderful. Great seats, good view and the desserts were out of this world. The Blue Boyou helped us get seats by the water. We had asked but they told us it would be a long wait. We told them we would just sit anywhere because we were hungry. We were very suprised when we went in to find the only 2 person table by the water. It was very nice to do this for the first time.

Also, don't be afraid to get pictures with the characters. My favorite pictures of our honeymoon was with my wife, myself and some characters. We got a great one with Mickey, Minnie and Pluto in front of Toon Town just after park opening. Then we got one with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore in Critter Country. Finally, got one with Baloo and Louie while sitting down to eat something for breakfast. Might also want to try Goofy's Kitchen. We also got a great picture in front of the castle without anyone standing behind us. Go early and go straight to the castle and with a little luck you'll get the greatest picture...

Also, if they know it's your honeymoon, ask polietly if you can do something. We asked for our own Splash Mountain log (early in the morning and late in the evening, not during peak times) and we got it. Made for a nice honeymoon picture when we purchaced the picture.

Wow, by the length of my post you'd think that I didn't have fun on my honeymoon or something. *l-jk*

bradk
04-08-2005, 10:10 AM
word of advice when it comes to blue bayou and waterside seating. they will pretty much always tell you it might be a while. if you want it, just let them know you're willing to wait. it helps to weed out people who are more interested in just sitting down and eating and leaving those tables to those who truly want it to the point where they're willing to wait.

dlandnut
04-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Congratulations and best wishes. We spent our honeymoon at DL in 1982 (seems like many moons ago, lol). It was so much fun. Stayed at the DH. :)

mickeynminnie
04-08-2005, 10:54 AM
Don't forget to make a wish at Snow White's Wishing Well and steal a kiss. Very romantic. I still get shivers everytime!

wishIwasthe_Mouse
04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
only a few more days and i so can not wait...