PDA

View Full Version : This week - still Spring Break for some!

olegc
04-06-2005, 10:46 AM
I went to the park yesterday to support my daughters Elementary School Orchestra performance - and I could not believe the crowds. Wow! I mean, not busy like summer but not an off-season week either.

after thinking about it - many schools have really offset their spring breaks to where now schools throuhgout the country start their break from two weeks before easter all the way through next week (Irvine Unified here in CA). BUT - the park only places a two week window (or is it one week) on their extended hours. So last night, at 7pm, Most of the rides had only one side or track working or in a queue, many fastpasses were gone by 1pm, and Splash had an 83 minutes wait at 7:40pm - and the park closed at 8. Food lines were huge, etc.

I think the park needs to rethink how they structure the Spring Break hours in order to accomodate the wider spread of school district changes. Maybe use the most hours (8-midnight, or whatever) during the heaviest weeks, and then something lighter (9am-10pm) for the other weeks. I think this would allow many more people to see more attractions. With our group we only were able to visit 7 attractions on hit one restaurant for food. not too bad but not a full day either.

I mean - if the local hotels are charging higher prices (one woman told me $50 more per night) due to it still being "spring break adjacent" then the park should make their stay more enjoyable. Maybe bring about Magic Nights like they have at WDW to allow those staying in the hotels to come back at night and have less crowds...

nursemelis374
04-06-2005, 11:17 AM
I went yesterday and though I thought it was crowded, I was kind of expecting it to be. I agree with you though about extending the hours. The park ws packed at closing at 8, so was DCA when it closed at 7!

hlbtimes2
04-06-2005, 11:45 AM
I know we are on Spring break this week, and the neighboring town is out next (we are in WA). Our friend is taking his two daughters to the park this weekend. I'm very jealous. He needs a ride to the airport. I wonder if I could lock him in the trunk and steal his tickets? LOL His daughters would have more fun with me then him......

The old man
04-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Our daughter, we are in a San Diego suburb, is on break this week. We are not going to DL until all breaks are over, either next week or the week after (depending on the best weather.)
David

RemainSeatedPlease
04-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Hmm yea our break is in two weeks, trying to convince the mum to go on a quick trip :D