PDA

View Full Version : Time for my questions!

CrazyTrain
04-06-2005, 08:39 AM
1. I know that you can get a list of where/when the characters will be in DL at City Hall. Can you get a list for DCA too? Where... in Greetings?

2. Fast Pass question... If you get a FP you can go any time after the return time and they'll honor it? I just realized that on Sunday they were doing that... :confused:

3. Ok, I want to get into DCA when it opens at 10. I have 11:30 BB res. (want to be there at 11:15). Will we have time to do ToT and Soarin' and get back to BB by then? (I'm going this Sunday the 10th). Should we stop and get Soarin' FPs then go to ToT? I HAVE to do ToT first *gulp* but I'm planning on getting back in DCA that afternoon, so Soarin' not's necessary to ride first thing. Just wondering how to plan!

Thanks! :fez:

Mukta
04-06-2005, 08:46 AM
2. Fast Pass question... If you get a FP you can go any time after the return time and they'll honor it? I just realized that on Sunday they were doing that... :confused:

Yes, you can use it anytime after that on the same date.

3. Ok, I want to get into DCA when it opens at 10. I have 11:30 BB res. (want to be there at 11:15). Will we have time to do ToT and Soarin' and get back to BB by then? (I'm going this Sunday the 10th). Should we stop and get Soarin' FPs then go to ToT? I HAVE to do ToT first *gulp* but I'm planning on getting back in DCA that afternoon, so Soarin' not's necessary to ride first thing. Just wondering how to plan!

You are going on TOT? I am so excited for you. You have to let me know what you think afterwards. I would get fastpasses for Soarin'.

SCUBAbe
04-06-2005, 09:05 AM

when I was there i saw people getting hassled for coming later,. They eventually let them in, but they made it clear they were late coming. I got an odd look once for coming late, but they let me in...:) My friend said she saw people turned away who vame after their time. I wasn't there so I don't know if this is true or not. She said it happened at Buzz...

bradk
04-06-2005, 09:06 AM
1) I would imagine you can get the schedule from the guest relations booth, but not positive on that. just a logical guess.

2) unofficially, yes. i don't think anyone's reported being turned away for using a fastpass past its return window (it's even used as a strategy to reduce FP line wait time)

3) unless something has changed, soarin' should actually be open around 9:30 or so, so you may have time to do that, then either try TOT or at least grab a fast pass for it.

bradk
04-06-2005, 09:08 AM
ok, amend #2 to read it's still possible to be turned away. in most cases, people have gotten away with it though, but it's still not official policy to allow it to the best of my knowledge (it does technically mess with the traffic flow design).

CoasterChickie
04-06-2005, 09:26 AM
I agree with Mukta ....when you first walk into DCA, you should get the fast passes for Soarin' since that line tends to be the worst. Then you'll have time to go on TOT and come back and do Soarin' before you have to head over to DL for your Blue Bayou reservation.

Here's another helpul hint for people going to DCA....it seems to me that most people walk in and do everything in the front of the park first and everything in the back of the park later. If you go straight to the back of the park , you can usually get on Screamin', the Carousel, the Maliboomer, and the Ferris Wheel pretty quickly. But you still might have to wait a litle while to go on Mulholland Madness.

I usually try to return to rides I have fast passes for in the allotted time, but I have never been turned away for arriving late. I've only seen people turned away for arrivng early.

PS..Crazy Train...good luck on TOT!!! You can do it!!! Remember to breathe!!! And scream!!! And laugh!!! We want to see the picture afterwards!!! :D

SarahJanet
04-06-2005, 09:28 AM
I did exactly what you did - had 11:30 Blue Bayou reservations and went to DCA at 10:00. 9:45, actually. They held us at the entrance to the Backlot and we then got walked back to the Tower of Terror, but we were in there by about 10:10, and off the ride well before half past. We had to go on that first too, so we didn't wuss out.

We went straight from TOT to Soarin, and got fast passes for that. The line was really long, though, because it was spring break and Easter Week, so it might not be so bad this week and you might want to wait in line. (It was already a 90 minute wait when we got there.) But if you grab a fast pass, you can use it later that day. Definitely get one at that point. Or, if you're with a group, send someone over to get a fast pass for Soarin' while the other waits for Tower of Terror - we did that a couple of times as well. And if you want to go on Grizzly River Run, grab a fast pass for that too - then when you come back to DCA in the afternoon you can go on Soarin and Grizzly. (Grizzly is not networked to the other fast pass machines.)

After the first day, we didn't use a single fast pass in its allotted time and we got on every single ride with no problem. In fact, one cast member gave us extra fast passes at one point because a ride was broken down, and they were for first thing in the morning, and it was late afternoon. He specifically told us that we could use them any time that day.

sierranevada
04-06-2005, 09:32 AM

While I know technically you are suppose to return during the time frame, I have never been hassled for returning afterwards. I believe it is more of an "unspoken" practice since there are things that could happen to make you late - ie, you get stuck in a very long standby line, lunch/dinner takes longer, long lines to reentry the park, etc. So many things could happen that usually the CM's don't question it - but there are always exception to every rule!

CrazyTrain
04-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Yeah, we're not _planning_ on not returning w/i the FP time, but just in case. I usually don't plan out DL days but since it's my birthday I want to be sure I don't miss some stuff I really want to do. It's good to know that it's there if necessary!

Anyway. Yeah, I'm doing ToT! :eek: I'd been thinking of it and you guys' support and that darn Maliboomer convinced me to try it! However, there will be no roller coaster riding ;) Mukta, you are more than welcome to join me and my friends at the park! :)

So, you can get in DCA before 10, then? It'd be cool to be there at the rope at the backlot. Thanks for that SarahJanet! I think we'll do that. And the GGR too. I forgot about the non-networked FPs!

Thanks all! :)

Earkid
04-06-2005, 11:20 AM
We had Indy fastpasses that "expired" when we got stuck on POTC. After getting unstuck we were starved so we ate and then went back to Indy to try to use the FP's. I handed them to the CM and pointed out to him that they had expired. He said "Fastpasses dont expire you just cant use them before the return time listed". Ever since then we haven't worried about using "expired " FP's and have never had a problem.

MyBeast
04-06-2005, 12:58 PM
1. I know that you can get a list of where/when the characters will be in DL at City Hall. Can you get a list for DCA too? Where... in Greetings?:

At the information booth, and you can also ask any cast member and they'll either have the information on them or they can call and find out if it's an obscure character like Meg from Hercules.

CrazyTrain
04-06-2005, 07:31 PM
Where is the information booth?

Ulysses
04-07-2005, 05:56 AM
Where is the information booth?

The information booth is in the esplanade between the parks. If you ask a CM to call the toonfinder you can get the scoop on an individual character's scheduled appearances. However, the toonfinder (a lone CM manning the phone) only works during the day.

If the toonfinder has closed shop and a guest is really insistent I have been known to walk backstage to the character lounge behind Showcase on Main Street and ask who's coming out when. Mickey doesn't mind too much being interrupted in his cheese break to answer the question. I don't know where the counterpart to the Main Street character lounge is in DCA.

Gramiangel420
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I had Buzz FP that were past the time and the CM said that there was no problem and I got right in. I was glad to find that out. I also try to get there in time, but it was nice not to have to wait in the long line the week before Easter.

disneyhound
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
...He said "Fastpasses dont expire you just cant use them before the return time listed"...
They are good during the day you get them, after you wait time has started. We had some that we were unable to use, tried to use them the following day. I pointed out that they were for the previous day, and the CM told me that they were only good the day they are issued.

Hakuna Makarla
04-07-2005, 09:24 AM
Yay!!!! you are going on tot! you go on this before? well you have got to tell me crazy train what you think of it!! I am so excited for you and also you will love themonte cristo!! ( yumm I am still thinking about that sandwitch!!!!!!

CrazyTrain
04-09-2005, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the info booth info :D I'll stop there on my way in.

I haven't ridden it, Karla! I do have a ride video of it that I'm going to watch to prepare myself! I'm scared but excited. I have had Monte Cristos before but never at the BB!! Yay! :D

Hakuna Makarla
04-09-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh man, you got to make sure we see the tot pic ok!! I am just laughing so hard right now as I think of you going on it. I am thilled and you have to come back and tell me all about it because I love hearing what people think about it! ( Now we just have to get I heart disney on it " wink"

Please tale a few pics for me at night of the tot ok, Rachal loves all angles of that building when its blue :)