PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used the So Calif City Pass?

sdfilmcritic
04-06-2005, 05:28 AM
Experience a whole lot of fun under the Southern California sun and save 30% off main entrance prices! One low price gets you admission to five awesome attractions: Knott's Berry Farm®, Sea World Adventure Park®, your choice of the San Diego Zoo® or the San Diego Animal Park® and, of course, a 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Bonus Ticket for Disneyland® Park and Disney's California Adventure™ park. Plus you receive an ESPN Zone® Arena Game Card ($10 value) and an early entry admission to a designated Disneyland® Resort Theme Park.Has anyone ever purchased this ticket before? Since I live in southern California with convenient access to any one of the parks I never had an incentive to buy one of these tickets. I was hoping to find out from those who have experience with it to share their stories, good or bad, so that I may better understand if it's worth its value.

bradk
04-06-2005, 06:38 AM
I have one. haven't used it yet though.

if you can use it all within a 2 week period, it's a really good deal. even better when you buy it through costco for $165 (reg. price is $185). i'm not even using the knotts for it. especially when you consider the hopper alone is $139 when purchased in advance.

of course, as a socal resident, you get discounts on APs for all the parks, so if you plan on going multiple times throughout the year, it might not be worth it.

Darkbeer
04-06-2005, 08:25 AM
There might be some confusion....

The Southern California CityPass is named for the region it covers, as CityPass sells these package deals throughout North America. ANYONE can buy these packages, and as mentioned above, going to Costco.com and having them shipped to you is the best deal.

Now, Disney (and other parks) do offer some SoCal specials (which usually requires proof of living in Southern California, or the Baja California region of Mexico). Also, you can find other packages, mostly without Disney included...

Also, most parks will let you apply the ticket to the cost of buying an Annual Pass.

bradk
04-06-2005, 08:49 AM
Disney does allow you to upgrade the hopper bonus to whatever. The value placed on the citypass prior to 4/1 was $124 I believe.

Not sure what the value of it is now. It's definitely less than the normal price for a hopper though.