PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from Deluxe AP

guendolyn
04-05-2005, 07:19 PM
I tried a search but only found info about going from a hopper to an AP.
My Husband and I have Deluxe AP and are going to Renew this month, there is a slight chance that we will be going this summer during blackout dates, if we go we will want to just upgrade to a Prem AP to save the Money, however if we don't go the Premium won't be much use to use as all our trips are not during black out dates.
Can we upgrade after we have renewed and just pay the $120 difference? How would that work? Would we get the black out ticket and then be able to apply the $30.00 to the price of the Premium AP?

Thanks ever so much for your help. I can usually just search and find what I need, but not this time!

Guendolyn

Deogge's Mom
04-05-2005, 08:13 PM
You can upgrade when you renew and that is probably the best choice. Up grades can be done at anytime, but you will still pay the full difference in price, even if you wait six months to upgrade. The difference is not pro-rated.

I don't know if the price of the blockout ticket could be applied to the upgrade or not. When I upgraded to the Deluxe from the Southern California I did it at the ticket booth, I saw no reason to get a blockout ticket and then have to pull out the credit card again at the AP processing center. :)

guendolyn
04-05-2005, 09:06 PM
You can upgrade when you renew and that is probably the best choice. Up grades can be done at anytime, but you will still pay the full difference in price, even if you wait six months to upgrade. The difference is not pro-rated.

I don't know if the price of the blockout ticket could be applied to the upgrade or not. When I upgraded to the Deluxe from the Southern California I did it at the ticket booth, I saw no reason to get a blockout ticket and then have to pull out the credit card again at the AP processing center. :)

Thanks! It is nice to know we can upgrade at the ticket booth then I don't have to worry about the black out ticket.

Guen

Gandalf
04-05-2005, 09:30 PM
I thought I would ask this here instead of starting another thread. My brother-in-law renewed their annual passes last november 2004 but ended up being transferred out of state through his work. (They never used them) Does DL allow them to get a rebate or can they have them reissued in another family member's name?

cstephens
04-06-2005, 09:59 AM
I thought I would ask this here instead of starting another thread. My brother-in-law renewed their annual passes last november 2004 but ended up being transferred out of state through his work. (They never used them) Does DL allow them to get a rebate or can they have them reissued in another family member's name?

Unfortunately, no.

jennia
04-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I would ask just in case..... Here's why- I had a lot of health problems and let our family of 3's APs go without using them for over 6 months. Right after they expired I called Guest Services and was told no, but the same day I emailed Guest services (before I called.) Becuase of hte email I got a call and was granted a 6 month extention. :D I never would ahve thought to ask 2 different CMs and I really doubted that they would give me an extension, but they did and it was really AWESOME that they did this.