PDA

View Full Version : DCA Ride Refurbishment IDEAS/SUGGESTIONS

Brown Monkey
01-08-2002, 09:16 AM
This post is in regards to the Orange Stinger in particular. I was wondering why they don't put the bee bodies back on the swings, or have they? If not, do they still plan on putting them back? In my opinion, this was the main thing that made it stand out with Disney originality. I've never actually seen the bee bodies in person, but in pictures, the ride looked so much better. I know that they had some problems with damage to the bodies, but I'm sure Disney could use their imaginations to work their way around this. How about raising the level on the chains of every other swing at start and stop so that people could not kick the person in front of them, or why not just space out the swings a little bit?

And whatever happened to the orange scent? I've only been to DCA twice so maybe I just missed it, but is there really a scent?

Also, I read another post somewhere where someone suggested that they sell orange flavored ice cream and desserts in front of the attraction and items with a bee and honey theme. I'd like to see a stinger bee stuffed animal.

If they could just add these little details (and not just to the Orange Stinger), then I think a lot more people would leave the park remembering the Orange Stinger as more of an experience than just a plain swing ride. This could really help because some people I know didn't even remember the ride, which is kinda sad. Believe it or not, people notice these little finishing touches and appreciate them. It's all about theming. Besides this is Disney. They should be doing things like this.

Do you guys agree? Let me know your feedback. Also, if any of you have any other suggestions/ideas to make DCA rides better, let me know what they are. Thanks.

merlinjones
01-08-2002, 12:06 PM
Even worse, they have those really tacky painted bees that look like "stickers" on the orange stinger interior - - instead of dimensional attractive Disney bees. Shameful.

Uncle Dick
02-03-2002, 09:10 AM
They either need to do some drastic, theme-wise, with the interior of the orange, or leave it open so people can get a nice view of Paradise Bay. As it stands, the view is obstructed and the interior is pathetic. It's too bad, too, because it's kind of a fun ride.