PDA

View Full Version : Paradise Pier Concierge Level

Gilliegrl
04-04-2005, 04:26 PM
We've booked our reservations but was told that there are 3 different locations for the concierge rooms. Has anyone stayed in them? Is one floor better than the other? Thank you

Gilliegrl
04-05-2005, 05:29 AM
We've booked our reservations but was told that there are 3 different locations for the concierge rooms. Has anyone stayed in them? Is one floor better than the other? Thank you

Any feedback at all on Paradise Pier is welcomed! Im kind of nervous as this will be the first time staying on property and I want to truly enjoy it and get the most for the dollar amount being spent.
thank you much

lisap
04-05-2005, 05:35 AM
Check out our Paradise Pier photo tour (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm041116lp.htm). I've never stayed concierge there, but it's a nice fresh hotel. Be sure to cut through the Grand Californian to get to the parks--it's a lot faster than walking though Downtown Disney. Have fun. :)

rentayenta
04-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Oooo, the rooms look bright and cheery. I am excited to stay here too.

ftroop6
04-05-2005, 06:12 AM
We stayed there just last week.(March28-April 1st) We had a themepark view and it(the view) was wonderful!!!!! We were on the 12th floor.

Susan L
04-05-2005, 06:48 AM
I have not done concierge at this hotel but we have stayed there several times and it is a great hotel, great service so, I don't think you will be disappointed with concierge. And the park view rooms at a must the view is beautiful.

Karen256
04-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Yes, definately try for a theme park view room, it is worth it. As far as which floor, I'd say the higher the better. We were on the 9th floor and still heard some traffic noise. Not enough to keep us awake, but enough to be slightly annoying.

Also, the higher you are, the more likely you are to get an elevator I would think. This wasn't a problem when we were there as crowds were low, but I've read some complaints about long waits for the elevators during busier times.

The pool is on the 3rd floor, the rooms on the non theme park view side of the 3rd floor seemed to have a small private patio area by the pool.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay there. As LisaP said, cut through the Grand Californian to get to DTD or either park. And don't forget you can use the GCH entrance into DCA if you bring your room key.

Have fun!

ima_mickeyfan
04-05-2005, 07:31 AM
It was nice to see the new rooms at PP, but I got more excited when I read the part about DLH having a new Princess Diaries Suite? does anyone have information on that room? I would love to see pictures of it also. how do all the suites differ at DLH?
TIA

Crazy4DL
04-05-2005, 07:55 AM
My dd and I and three little grandchildren stayed at the PPH last May and we thought it was really nice. We didn't stay in the concierge rooms but we did have a view of the parks. Our 3 yr old LOVED seeing the "scary building", aka TOT, all lite up at night :) The room was nice and big and had a play pen/crib available for the baby. The beds were comfortable, the rooms clean, etc. I think you will like the hotel.

sunfun94
04-05-2005, 08:22 AM
We just stayed at PPH a couple of weeks ago...It was wonderful! We were on the 13th Floor with a view of DCA and it was sooo cool! We couldnt get our daugther away from the window!!
There was no traffic noise up there and the room was so very comfy!
As for the elevators, keep in mind that there is a "glass elevator" that stands by itself, no one seemed to realize that anyone could use it. Although smaller, it came much quicker,there was never really a wait and it has a great view! :)

Have a wonderful time!

Gilliegrl
04-06-2005, 05:15 AM
Thank you everyone for your feedback. I used to live in southern Ca and we would go to DL often but Ive never stayed on property. Now that we live farther away in the Bay area Im so excited about this trip. A week at DL Im more excited than the kids. Im just nervous about the cost! I wont tell dh :) Im really looking forward to it. I think Im going to call the Travel company and see what they suggest. Of course I anticipate hearing that any room is nice but you never know. We arent going until August, which should be mad crazy but at least I will be at the park! Thanks again everyone