PDA

View Full Version : Confirm Peter Pan Flight History

blubayou33
04-04-2005, 01:48 PM
I'm doing a presentation on darkrides and I know that when Snow White's Adventures opened Snow was not to be seen in the ride. Was this the same case with Peter Pan? Any reply ASAP would be gerat!

Earkid
04-04-2005, 02:19 PM
Yes, it's true. Most of the main characters were not in the original rides because Walt wanted the guest to feel like they were the character. This didn't translate well and people kept asking why the characters could not be seen on the rides, so they were eventually added to the scenes.

Edited to add: All the dark rides now have the main characters in them with the exception of Mr. Toad.

Tigertail777
04-04-2005, 02:51 PM
I am not really sure about Peter pan, I seem to recall that Peter was actually on that one because you were experiencing it from the point of view of Wendy and her brothers. Not sure, but I dont think the point of view has really changed all that much on that particular ride.

uvsc_wolverine
04-04-2005, 04:44 PM
I'm doing a presentation on darkrides and I know that when Snow White's Adventures opened Snow was not to be seen in the ride. Was this the same case with Peter Pan? Any reply ASAP would be gerat!

Yes, it's true. Snow White was (and still is) nowhere to be seen on Peter Pan.

- Sorry, I just couldn't resist! :fez:

John
04-04-2005, 05:42 PM
Any chance we could check out your darkrides presentation?

blubayou33
04-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info everyone! It didn’t seem likely that the imaginers would follow one viewing concept in Snow and not in the other darkrides, but I wanted to make sure.

I’m not sure how to get my presentation where others could view it (it’s a PowerPoint) but I did get a lot of info from dafe.org, at least for the non-Disney darkrides if you're interested. Cool stuff!