PDA

View Full Version : So it's official, we booked our flights for 050505

mystycalchyk
04-04-2005, 09:30 AM
OK so I've been excited, but now I've jumped into super hyper uber overdrive.

We booked our flight. And in the spirit of keeping the faith that we will get picked to do the 4th in DL we are flying out of Phoenix on the night of the 3rd so we can be there 'just in case'. (Worst case scenario that I refuse to accept till the bitter end is that we will just spend that day in DCA instead)

We added an extra room to our hotel reservations for the 3rd. And we finally decided which hotel (of the 3 we booked) that we are staying in. I will now cancel the other two. We've decided to give Best Western Park Place Inn Mini Suites a go. The reviews are on the whole favorable, and although we are nervous about trying a new place, the proximity fits the bill since we wont have a car.

Hotel? Check.
Flight? Check
Tickets? Check (hoping to upgrade and go ahead and get my AP this time since I put it off in December, but we'll see how the money works out.)

*googly sigh*

Besides the trip we took in September with the niece and nephew, we havent been to Disneyland any other time besides the holidays in 7 years. :D

Excited? Check!

Anyone else getting all ready to go even though we're still a month out?

Mommy2NicknMax
04-04-2005, 09:41 AM
Well I'll be at the BWPPI during that time too. :D

I've been shopping for new clothes (this is how I get ready to go). ;) I can't wait! I haven't been since December!

Wendi
04-04-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm excited too!!! I almost can't believe I'm going!!!

yellowrosedtxn
04-04-2005, 10:01 AM
I am with you. I am not going until the end of June, but I have the tickets for our flight, the hotel reservations, I have an PAP and we are getting everyone else 6 day hopper tickets and upgrade them there. And as crazy as this sounds, I have part of our bags packed too. I have a list of things that I have to make sure we take and what to pick up there. I have all my books (discount ones) ready to go as well as my maps of where we want to go and what we want to do. I am still trying to figure out the character breakfasts; which ones we want to go to on what days.... I am more excited than anyone else I think (in my family that is!) I can't wait to get there!!!! :D

splash
04-04-2005, 12:34 PM
We are going on May 11-17. I am soooooo excited!!!!!! I talked to the travel agent today and she said that all of the Disneyland Resort Hotels are full- now I am thinking that the park will be crazy - usually it isn't at this time. Any thoughts?

mystycalchyk
04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Well of course its going to be way busy. Hope you were expecting that when you planned. What with May 5th being the 'offical kickoff' to the 50th.

splash
04-04-2005, 01:02 PM
Actually when we planned, we just picked the date out of the air - funny that it ended up being when the 50th began. We were just avoiding spring break! Seriously though - do you think it will be as bad as summer ----ugh!

mystycalchyk
04-04-2005, 01:16 PM
ooo...umm yeah...sorry to say it but yes. It will be uber insane with geeks like me who never go during this time of the year but are going specifically for the 50th.

But I hope you have fun anyway :D

D-lander 1956
04-04-2005, 01:59 PM
So, with a lot of the fellow padders going on the 5th, sounds like a scheduled meet & greet is in order. Anyone else?

uvsc_wolverine
04-04-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm so...kinda...jealous. I'm not going until October (thankfully, though, I won't have to wade through the crowds...and SM will be open).

sunfun94
04-04-2005, 04:55 PM
So, with a lot of the fellow padders going on the 5th, sounds like a scheduled meet & greet is in order. Anyone else?

motion second

mystycalchyk
04-07-2005, 08:39 AM
Well no I dont think theres anything else we can plan.

I called this morning and was the first two to get tickets for Fantasmic balcony seating for May 7th (Saturday night) I think it will be the perfect cap to a 'final night' for us (we will be there the 8th but leaving before dark)

And yesterday I booked PS for Blue Bayou for dinner on the 6th :)

Now all we need is to find out that we've won tickets for the 4th and all will be better than perfect :D

:confused: I thought I saw a thread on here yesterday with someone saying thay had won, but I cant find it now. I didnt think anyone was getting notified till like the 19th or something. Isnt that right?

yellowrosedtxn
04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
They won, but it was for a local contest. They won on the 4th I think.

mystycalchyk
04-07-2005, 08:54 AM
Ahh good thanks. Now I can go back to hoping :)

disneyhound
04-07-2005, 09:06 AM
waaaaa... :crying: we don't get to go until next January! :crying:

richas
04-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Just booked my flight today -- for September 6-10! Already have the hotel ressie for DLH. How far in advance can a reservation for Fantasmic Dessert be made? Somehow, I thought you had to make it at the park in person.

BQ2
04-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Hotel-May 4 & 5, Check
Flight-Driving, Check
Tickets-AP holder, Check
Excited-Check :D

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Plane ticket-check
Hotel-check
AP-check
Money-check (thanks eBay buyers)
Excited-He!! yeah!!!

I cannot wait!
No kids, DL-what more could a mom want!? LOL

Crazy4DL
04-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Just booked my flight today -- for September 6-10! Already have the hotel ressie for DLH. How far in advance can a reservation for Fantasmic Dessert be made? Somehow, I thought you had to make it at the park in person.

30 days ahead of time for Fantasmic Dessert