PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the Matterhorn?

SCUBAbe
04-04-2005, 08:29 AM
We usually don't ride it. The last time we rode it was in December. It is so rough it is painful to ride. It's not even enjoyable anymore. I just wanted it to end so the pain would stop. Also, they load it so fast we didn't even have time to put our seat belts on. The sled started going, my daughter was leaning forward trying to find the seatbelt (well we were both trying to find it) and the the brakes slam on. Her face went right into the padded bar on the front nose first. Her nose is still sore. Also, the effects I saw in December were not working this time.....It's going to be a while before I go on that again. (We were on the fantasyland side)

PapiBear
04-04-2005, 10:01 AM
We usually don't ride it. The last time we rode it was in December. It is so rough it is painful to ride. It's not even enjoyable anymore. I just wanted it to end so the pain would stop. Also, they load it so fast we didn't even have time to put our seat belts on. The sled started going, my daughter was leaning forward trying to find the seatbelt (well we were both trying to find it) and the the brakes slam on. Her face went right into the padded bar on the front nose first. Her nose is still sore. Also, the effects I saw in December were not working this time.....It's going to be a while before I go on that again. (We were on the fantasyland side)

There was no safety check before you were sent on your way? Don't let them rush you if you're not safe. 5 seconds saved to get the line pushed through is beside the point if there's a death or injury on their hands. You need to seriously make this known to City Hall and probably Disney Legal, because apparently the death on Big Thunder last fall didn't seem to get driven home enough park-wide.

sunfun94
04-04-2005, 10:07 AM

My DH had just gone on Matterhorn with our nieces and his brother this past weekend, he said that the submarine side seemed smoother but the effects were neat...( im only guessing that the ones you had seen in Dec were back on?)
I hope your daughter is feeling better! :)

PapiBear
04-04-2005, 10:21 AM
The thread title almost sounds like a Seinfeld routine. "What's the deal with the Matterhorn? I mean, hey! It's made of a lot of matter, okay, that much we can see, but where's the horn? We never hear it! Is it at the top, is there a hole where the sound comes through? Where are the valves? And who plays it? What indeed is the matter.....with the horn? That's a question for the ages....." :)

SCUBAbe
04-04-2005, 10:24 AM
My DH had just gone on Matterhorn with our nieces and his brother this past weekend, he said that the submarine side seemed smoother but the effects were neat...( im only guessing that the ones you had seen in Dec were back on?)
I hope your daughter is feeling better! :)

well, she's still sleeping. Is it normal for a 14 year old to sleep for 14 hours? maybe I should wake her up...she did say her stomach was hurting yesterday...getting ones nose smashed on the matterhorn would not cause a concusion...right??

I think after the brakes slammed on and her nose got smashed they looked in the car, but we were to busy tending to her nose to notice..it wasn't bleeding, but she was freaking out.

Leash81
04-04-2005, 11:07 AM

I have had the same thing happen the last couple of times I rode it as well. We pulled away from the load area without my seatbelat on and then slammed on the brakes. I didn't hit my face but my knees got crushed. I was barely able to get my belt on before we got into the tunnel. I hope your daughter feels better soon.

DisneyDustin22
04-04-2005, 11:07 AM
There was no safety check before you were sent on your way? Don't let them rush you if you're not safe. 5 seconds saved to get the line pushed through is beside the point if there's a death or injury on their hands. You need to seriously make this known to City Hall and probably Disney Legal, because apparently the death on Big Thunder last fall didn't seem to get driven home enough park-wide.

I think they are talking about the part when they first load you in. Not actually being sent through the whole ride without being checked. When you get into the sled, almost as soon as everyone is seated, your sled moves forward to the checkpoint. Just in front of you is the next sled ready to go on the track, right in front of the tunnel for the lift hill. They send that sled, check yours, and then your's is sent to the final holding position before you climb the hill.

Leash81
04-04-2005, 11:09 AM
well, she's still sleeping. Is it normal for a 14 year old to sleep for 14 hours? maybe I should wake her up...she did say her stomach was hurting yesterday...getting ones nose smashed on the matterhorn would not cause a concusion...right??

You might want to take her to a doctor just in case. You would be suprised how easy it is to get a concusion. I had bunk beds when I was little and I smacked the back of my head on the top one when I was getting up one day and I got a mild concusion.

SCUBAbe
04-04-2005, 11:13 AM

You might want to take her to a doctor just in case. You would be suprised how easy it is to get a concusion. I had bunk beds when I was little and I smacked the back of my head on the top one when I was getting up one day and I got a mild concusion.

maybe I should. She just woke up and went straight intot he bathroom, but thats normal behavior for her. I was outside when she got up so I didn't see her....