PDA

View Full Version : Do people really like the gold mouse ears?

Pages : [1] 2

SCUBAbe
04-03-2005, 07:12 PM
I saw them for the first time at the park today and I thought they looked ugly and cheap. They could have done them so much better. For the life of me I could not figure out why people were buying them. Most of the people were adults and the hats were to small for their heads...??? *confused*

IMO they would have been much cuter if they used sequins instead of a shilny surface for the ears. Kind of like the bride hats are, but in gold.

charpaul
04-03-2005, 07:40 PM
I have bought two sets - one to wear and one to keep clean - LOL

I had hoped that the color of the hat would more closely match the color of the ears - but since this is the only option available....

IMO it would have been better if gold trim were added at the bottom edge and something metalic was on the front of the hat - to me the shiny gold ears do not seem to match the dull gold/cream color of the hat.

I like them - but they could have done more....

Mermaid
04-03-2005, 08:12 PM
man I thought I was the only one!! I have only seen them in the pictures but I think the gold ears looks cheap. Now- I am still planning on buying a pair to comemerate the 50th, but maybe that is the problem. Disney knew people would buy them anyway so they could do it rather cheaply. Maybe, I am just speculating!!

SCUBAbe
04-03-2005, 08:14 PM
man I thought I was the only one!! I have only seen them in the pictures but I think the gold ears looks cheap. Now- I am still planning on buying a pair to comemerate the 50th, but maybe that is the problem. Disney knew people would buy them anyway so they could do it rather cheaply. Maybe, I am just speculating!!

could be...I'm not buying them ...LOL

I Heart Disneyland!
04-03-2005, 08:28 PM
I haven't seen them in person, YET, but, do think they look ugly. I still plan to buy them as a souvenir of the 50th. My grandkids can throw them in the trash when I die! ha! (Which I plan on being a long time from now, since I don't even HAVE grandkids yet!) :)

Disney Vault
04-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I have to agree. The spay painted ones looks better imo.

Marox3
04-03-2005, 08:48 PM
We love ours.......................

JSKoehler
04-03-2005, 09:08 PM
We bought them for the kids, but passed for DW and me. We bought 50th T-shirts for everyone, and the CM said there would be a new design each month. This one features the dog with the keys from POTC, a ghost from HM and the Abm. Snowman from Matterhorn.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
04-03-2005, 09:43 PM
I saw them for the first time at the park today and I thought they looked ugly and cheap. They could have done them so much better. For the life of me I could not figure out why people were buying them. Most of the people were adults and the hats were to small for their heads...??? *confused*

IMO they would have been much cuter if they used sequins instead of a shilny surface for the ears. Kind of like the bride hats are, but in gold.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I bought them for a momento of the 50th and I think they are great.

tod
04-03-2005, 11:07 PM
I love mine.

--t

sunfun94
04-03-2005, 11:42 PM
I want to still get a pair...but they remind me of one of the Mickey Mouses' that were done for the 75th birthday event/tour.. :)

CrazyTrain
04-04-2005, 10:33 AM
I think they're cute.
And for the record, mine are too big for my adult head :)

tod
04-04-2005, 10:47 AM
And for the record, mine are too big for my adult head :)

Three sizes: infant, youth and adult. Try 'em on first.

--t

SCUBAbe
04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Three sizes: infant, youth and adult. Try 'em on first.

--t

the adults I saw must have had the youths on...they did not fit at all...maybe they are trying to relive their childhoods...LOL

disneygirl42
04-04-2005, 10:52 AM
...I thought they were pretty. I work for Disney, and will probably buy a pair ;)

they are kind of old-fashioned looking, which is what the 50th is all about. sequins would be way too modern.

yellowrosedtxn
04-04-2005, 11:11 AM
I'm getting mine when I go. I have the ones from the 25th anniversary, so these will go nicely. I think I would have preferred them to be like the 25th anniversary ones though. Black hat, gold trim and gold ears with a 50th logo on the front. But Hey, I am not complaining... Not only will I get mine, the kids will get them, my brother (who is bed ridden) will get them and my dad doesn't know it, but he is getting them too. :D

SCUBAbe
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
I suppose disney has an advantage..regardless of quailty people will still buy them. I thought some of the clothes were cute, but I didn't buy any. I really liked this brown shirt and if were any other color I would have bought it, but brown??

kadiehl
04-04-2005, 12:04 PM
I would buy them for my kids as a momento, for sure. But since we are not going anytime soon, I will just have to listen to people talk about them ;)

figmentspark
04-04-2005, 12:08 PM
I have a pair and I love them! Fortunatley I have a relativley small head so mine are a tad too big, not too small. But whatever. :rolleyes: Anyways, I'm happy w/ mine! :fez:

Gramiangel420
04-04-2005, 12:21 PM
My daughter's bought me a pair on our recent trip! I like them! I wanted them as a memento of the 50th anniversary!

GreenDragon
04-04-2005, 12:33 PM
I would buy them for my kids as a momento, for sure. But since we are not going anytime soon, I will just have to listen to people talk about them ;)

I know I can't go during the 50th, so I ordered mine through MouseShoppe. And I love them.

Also got a pair for a friend's son. They live in the middle of the US and can't make it to either park for the 50th, but Kiddo shall at least have gold mouse ears. :fez:

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-04-2005, 12:37 PM
My daughter bought an Adult Medium one...I think they have it in Small, Med and Lrg because they asked her to try several sizes on. I liked them and thought the embrodiered logo on it was nice. When my brother in law picked us up at the airport he thought they were really nice and cool and told me that we should of bought a couple without names on it to save and sell on ebay later....

CrazyTrain
04-04-2005, 06:19 PM
When I got them, the CM actually asked if I wanted a kid's size. I said no. I had bobby pins (thanks to a tip from Doegee's Mom) ready and they held it on just fine :D

Mine just says "adult" Maybe you can get diffrent sizes only a certain places?

PapiBear
04-04-2005, 06:53 PM
For what it's worth, the original mouse ears looked ugly and cheap too, but that never stopped millions from buying and wearing them.

disneygurl92
04-04-2005, 07:01 PM
i like them but the color of the ears don't match the hat at all.