PDA

View Full Version : Farley the Fiddler

potzbie
04-03-2005, 09:41 AM
What's the scoop on Farley the Fiddler in Frontierland?
He is not listed in the program, so I don't know his hours or his days.

Captain Josh
04-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Is THAT his name? I was wandering through Frontierland one day, and I happened upon a cowboy, who was walking in the general direction I was going. (I was trying to get to the Adventureland restrooms). I couldn't help but notice a rather lavishly dressed cowboy...carrying a saddlebag like Clint Eastwood...and spurs.

If there's one thing I remember, it's spurs.

I had no idea what this guy was doing, or who he was. I guess this is my first lead.

Nancy
12-18-2005, 08:04 AM
We love Farley!!!! We always try to see him when we are in the park. He is the nicest guy, always smiling and glad to see you. He taught my kids to twirl the lasoo (?sp?) they would spend all afternoon with him too. He was in the Disney video A Day at Disneyland many years ago too. He's the best!!!:)

charpaul
12-18-2005, 09:45 AM
I think that Farley is one of the performers at Santa's Reindeer Roundup. The middle of the day perhaps?? I think I read that in a thread on here somewhere?!?!?!

TowerofTerror
12-18-2005, 10:46 AM
hey whats up I'm don't know but the guy probably is out when the hilly billy shows.

Nancy
12-18-2005, 02:44 PM
hey whats up I'm don't know but the guy probably is out when the hilly billy shows.

I don't think I've ever seen him there. He's always in front of the store. When we were there in November he told us he would be at the Reindeer Round-up but we were leaving the next day so we missed him. He is an unknown great, IMHO !!!!:)

Sailor Butterfly
12-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Farley's really cool! My bf and I had the chance to see him back in January when the weather was pretty crappy. Since it wasn't too crowded and many things were down, we got to hang out with him for a bit. He's really funny and a great fiddle player to boot. :D

Remember- the difference between a fiddle and a violin is how you play it. A violin sings while a fiddle dances. ;)

10-97
12-19-2005, 06:22 PM
We think Farley is great. We always look for him in Frontierland, and we like his scene in one of our favorite videos, "A Day at Disneyland."

Last Summer, my kids saw Farley near the Frontierland entrance. When they greeted him, he played "Turkey in the Straw", and got a bunch of kids to join in a square dance. They still talk about it.

I wish I could still sit at a table at the Big Thunder Barbecue, finishing my cornbread and iced tea while the kids look for Farley.