PDA

View Full Version : Quick observations and photos from today, 4/2/05

Darkbeer
04-02-2005, 11:39 PM
First off it was busy today, but not as crazy as some of the days earlier during spring break.

Surprising, not that many folks showed up for the mini Gay Days... (based on those folks wearing red and participating in the event).

But it was a MAJOR Cheerleader/Dance attendance day..... Way too many perky girls with high shrills and squeals.... plus dancing in the middle of too many paths....

Some of the Opera House tarps are down, and they did a great job, especially with the gold leaf...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/464783

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 11:48 PM
INDEED! I heard nothing but little girls screaming all night.. (i got off 20 minutes ago thank god). One thing with those little USA National girls or whatever, They refuse to believe a ride is cut off. We had a new guy running merge point today, at 12:20am, hes letting literally hundreds of people in. I got many grins and bad looks when i cut off about 200 people at merge point. But oh well, go usa nationals! -lol

Hopefully you had a good time. Mightve saw ya today if you were there between 8am-noon or 9:30-midnight.

goober7011
04-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Just wanted to let you know that there are grey areas like the pics haven't been fully uploaded and another still needs to be rotated. But from what is visible the bank building looks nice (considering I never paid much attention to it before) but there still looks like there is much to do within this next month. Thanks for the update.
-Goober

Darkbeer
04-02-2005, 11:55 PM
Not sure why, trying to fix the album photo matter.... also trying to go to bed, before my girlfriend kills me! ;)

Animalia
04-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Thank you for the photos.
I've been trying to figure out what attraction the control panel you took a photo of is from. It looks like a short ride like Winnie the Pooh but the track layout doesn't seem right for that one. I'm stumped. Which attraction is it? :|

Darkbeer
04-03-2005, 08:25 AM
That is the Buzz Lightyear panel, I have tried to get it before, but this time, the omnimovers were stopped exactly where I needed to be to get the shot... :)

FYI, the photos are fixed, and captions added...

Animalia
04-03-2005, 08:44 AM
That is the Buzz Lightyear panel, I have tried to get it before, but this time, the omnimovers were stopped exactly where I needed to be to get the shot... :)

FYI, the photos are fixed, and captions added...

Thank you sir. I guess it's good that a ride is so fresh that I can't recognize the layout on a screen. While trying to figure it out I was thinking how identifying attraction layouts would make an interesting Mouse Adventures puzzle. :) Just a thought.
Thanks again for the photos.

Leap for Joy
04-03-2005, 08:52 AM
Thanks Darkbeer! Those photos are great! I'm wondering, did you get any video of those "high schoolers"? I'd love to see that dance!!!

Crazy4DL
04-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the photos, Darkbeer. I think Main Street is going to be even more beautiful than ever.

Disney Vault
04-03-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks for the new photos.

Wendi
04-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for sharing!!!

Opus1guy
04-03-2005, 02:28 PM
...also trying to go to bed, before my girlfriend kills me!

Confucius Say: Death more likely if she see large number of photos of dancing teen-aged girls in album.

;)

bradk
04-03-2005, 02:45 PM
that wise old confucius.. an ancient dr. phil. he wouldn't have let the great wall be built, he would have instead made the chinese remove their emotional barriers instead of projecting and creating physical ones.

Disneyfreak
04-03-2005, 09:10 PM
I was very mad to see the paint already chipped near star tours. :(
I mean I hope that the paint is not just a one layer paint job. They need multiple layers to prevent damage like that.

Deogge's Mom
04-03-2005, 09:57 PM
Confucius Say: Death more likely if she see large number of photos of dancing teen-aged girls in album.

;)

Look closely at those pictures. The more mature women in the pictures are myself and CoasterChickie. I'm the shorter one in blue and Darkbeer's girlfriend.

Opus1guy
04-03-2005, 10:32 PM
Look closely at those pictures. The more mature women in the pictures are myself and CoasterChickie. I'm the shorter one in blue and Darkbeer's girlfriend.

Whew. Glad he's off the hook then. Would have hated to lose his photo contributions! ;)

Glad to see that everyone was Kung Fu Fighting! (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/photos/18819967-M.jpg) :)

CrazyTrain
04-04-2005, 10:30 AM
Hey, DB, the last three pics from yesteday's update aren't loading.
And do you still have the one of me and mickey? :)

Darkbeer
04-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I have it, but for some reason it won't load...

Send me your e-mail address, and we will try it that way....