PDA

View Full Version : What time do you arrive at DL?

BoLTMaN
04-02-2005, 07:09 PM
Say DisneyLand opens at 9am according to the schedule... what time do you arrive to park to make sure you make the rope drop? Do trams run earlier than opening?

Also what areas of the DLR are open to the public before the official opening time?

How do the earlybirds get into FantasyLand or Toontown??? I mean aren't they in the middle of the park so to speak How do they keep the earlybirds only there and not wandering all over?

Thanks

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
If your a front of the line person, half hour before. You must go through a white tent for your bags to be checked now and the security guards stand by the entrances and wont let you stand in line till about 45 or 30 minutes before opening. The trams for DLR i suspect would leave right when the park opens. I'm not 100% sure about that because as i said i'm a TPO.

bradk
04-02-2005, 07:43 PM
generally speaking, when there is the rope drop, main street is opened half an hour prior to official park opening. toontown is open an hour after official park opening.

EE people are very sophisticated and civilized and respect their boundries. and by the time they eventually get onto peter pan, the rest of the park is open anyway.

if DCA opens at 10 am, SOC should be available at around 9:30 am.

you should get to the park at least 30-45 minutes before opening, even with tickets in hand. no doubt people we still get there before you and they'll end up being ahead of you too.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 07:46 PM
:p you always have the right things to say brad.

experiment626
04-03-2005, 09:31 PM
We usually get there about 30 minutes before park listed opening. The trams from the parking garage are always running when we arrive (30-45 minutes before park opening).

04-04-2005, 05:45 AM
EE people are very sophisticated and civilized and respect their boundries. and by the time they eventually get onto peter pan, the rest of the park is open anyway.

Interesting. How do you know so much about people who do early entry?

The old man
04-04-2005, 06:31 AM
I thought there weren't rope drops anymore. If there is is there anyway to find out when they occur?

David

dlandnut
04-04-2005, 06:46 AM
:p you always have the right things to say brad.

Of course he does, when he gets up on the RIGHT side of the bed, lol. :)

bradk
04-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Interesting. How do you know so much about people who do early entry?

i was being facetious on the point of keeping EE people domesticated.

and there is NO right side of the bed. (sigh)

SCUBAbe
04-04-2005, 08:14 AM
yesterday the park opened at 8am I got there at about 8:40am. There were basically no lines to get in. :). We had waffles at some place on main street. (there were no lines and we were severed and done by 9am) we. then started our ridemax schedule that started at 9am and the whole day ran smoothly. :)

the only time I ahve gotten to the park at opening is when we spend the night down there. It's to hard getting there at 8am when I'm NOT a morning person and we have 1 1/2 drive there.

mkcbunny
04-20-2005, 05:54 PM
if DCA opens at 10 am, SOC should be available at around 9:30 am.

So, are you saying that they open DCA a half hour early when it's busy? And that SOC is the one ride they have open when they do?

bradk
04-20-2005, 05:58 PM
maybe not when it's busy, it's more or less on par with opening up main street half an hour before the park officially opens.

of course i can't speak from personal experience, but i've read several reports that they do open SOC up around 9:30. I've also heard that's true with TOT, but others have told me it's not so, but nobody's contested the SOC claim yet.

Niwel
04-20-2005, 06:09 PM
On the weekends, Mickey & Friends parking opens 30 minutes before the park does. Some people line up an hour before in the garage at the cashier gates, but can get no farther...

Mermaid
04-20-2005, 06:14 PM
On the weekends, Mickey & Friends parking opens 30 minutes before the park does. Some people line up an hour before in the garage at the cashier gates, but can get no farther...
I did this on my first day not realizing the gates would not be open!!! It was a week day and I wanted to be sure we would find it and get there for the rope drop! Sooo, I ended up at the lot an hour and ten minutes before opening. They opened the lot an hour before but this was a Thursday so it may be different.

mkcbunny
04-20-2005, 06:39 PM
of course i can't speak from personal experience, but i've read several reports that they do open SOC up around 9:30. I've also heard that's true with TOT, but others have told me it's not so, but nobody's contested the SOC claim yet.

Thanks. You know I will be scouting the opening reports right before I go to see what the normal gate-opening times tend to be.

If anyone else can comment on what's been open at DCA when they've gotten in before official opening time, that'd be much appreciated.