PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen Disneyland.com's 1955 Experience?

Jewels
04-02-2005, 05:37 PM
I was just looking at the Disneyland.com site and noticed they had added under the section "Choose your Experience" something called 1955. It has a small slide show of pictures of DL in 1955. It also has a list of rides, entertainment and stores that were there at that time.

The shot looking back at Main St. RR station and just how close the parking lot use to be really caught my eye. It's been awhile since I looked at the site, so I do not know how long it has been up.

I just liked looking at DL in it's early days :D

PapiBear
04-02-2005, 05:47 PM
See? There was a reason that parking lot was there and not across the street. Now you know why some of us old-timers miss it.

Disney Vault
04-02-2005, 06:43 PM
We have talked about the song playing in the background but not the page. I really love seeing old pictures for disneyland. It has grown so much and I love seeing all the changed that have happened over the years.

SCUBAbe
04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
See? There was a reason that parking lot was there and not across the street. Now you know why some of us old-timers miss it.

really?? i saw that pictuee and thought thank god it's gone now...what an eye sore. Talk about being ripped out of the "magic"...:)

Disney Vault
04-02-2005, 08:27 PM
really?? i saw that pictuee and thought thank god it's gone now...what an eye sore. Talk about being ripped out of the "magic"...:)
I agree. And I can't stand it when people say they liked the parking lot better than DCA. DCA isn't perfect but it is way better than that parking lot imo.