PDA

View Full Version : I find this ridiculous... [Matterhorn]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:12 PM
MATTERHORN NEEDS FASTPASSES! Yesterday I was on dispatch.. and there were so many people complaing to me for one thing, it had on the tickets their were early admission on the first.. AND I"M IN A FANTASY LAND COSTUME! Shouldnt they ask the ticket takers? The funny thing is, this lady was yelling at me and the security guard came up then she starts yelling at him! Unbeliveable at such an animosity that caused.. Why bother having ticket takers then? LOL :p

-The matterhorn usually dispatches trmendously fast with the different slides. But, the breaking system is HORRIBLE. I have had to run so many tests on it and just watching the breaking.. AI YAI YAI.. LOL- That is one thing i have never understood. Why don't they use it for the matterhorn? I've asked before and they said theres no fast pass line.. Why not build one? It gets extremely packed sometimes.. TPO attraction operators really dont have a say in issues like that tho.:P

What are your guys opinions on fast passes for MH?? Splash, BTH, and the major ones have them but why not MH? I truly find it an inconnvenience for CMs.

SallySkellington
04-02-2005, 04:14 PM
I've always found it rediculous that Matterhorn doesn't have Fastpass.

marktips
04-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Be careful what you wish for.. FastPass will not make your job any easier.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Mark: The amazing thing is we CMs get complaints! We try our best to keep people safe and such but obviously our guests have more to complain about.

marktips
04-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Gabe, how many times have you worked merge point?

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 04:20 PM
this is why im not workin there in the first place, how on earth do u guys deal with these stupid ppl? i really do wish to work there every now and than but i know itll stink, me being young and dumb and all lol.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:21 PM
Good amount of times.. Thats one thing that they get trainees on first.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:22 PM
BW: Just gotta get use to it.

Disneys main thing: ALWAYS SMILE, and no facial hair. -LOL :fez:

Villains Fan
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I would love to see fastpass on the MH. But either way, there's no reason to take it out on the CM's, security, or any personnel who does not have anything to do with developement of the park...jeez, just file a complaint at City Hall :rolleyes:

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:29 PM
I would love to see fastpass on the MH. But either way, there's no reason to take it out on the CM's, security, or any personnel who does not have anything to do with developement of the park...jeez, just file a complaint at City Hall :rolleyes:

Much respect to you! haha.. as i said, TPO attracion CMs really have a little say when it comes to issues like this.

disneyperson
04-02-2005, 04:41 PM
Complaining to a CM about policy is like yelling at a mail carrier because the cost of postage went up. They have nothing to do with it. I'm sorry you got yelled at. Keep smling ...and shaving :)

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:48 PM
LOL! You have that right.. I'm sure if we could do something we'd try to.

Disney Vault
04-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I would not want the matterhorn to get fastpass. I think it is nice to have an E-ticket ride that don't have fastpass.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:57 PM
I respect your opinion 100%.. It's just from a CMs point of view, fastpasses slow down dispatch, therefore being less breakage, whatever problems it might be on an attraction

Disneyfreak
04-02-2005, 05:57 PM
Fastpass sucks. It will make the stand by line over twice as long. There is a reason why they are phasing fastpasses out and that is because they suck. The only people that know about them are the locals and they were really meant for the people who visit rarely. Another problem is that there would be a ton of queue not used because of fastpass and that would cause the walkways to become crowded around the matterhorn. Another problem is that CM's usually do not have a good ratio when it comes to fastpass. They usually let the fastpass go and almost ignore the stand by line and that is wrong.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 06:00 PM
DF: With certain rides, it gets the dispatch speed faster.. I'm saying for the CMS CONVENIENCE. Good points tho..

AaronInCal
04-02-2005, 06:22 PM
DF: With certain rides, it gets the dispatch speed faster.. I'm saying for the CMS CONVENIENCE. Good points tho..
I got lost in your first post. I really couldn't understand what you were saying. People who were early admission wanted the Matterhorn to have fastpass??

Anyways, Matterhorn doesn't need fastpass. Convenience or not to the CM's that operate the attraction... it doesn't need it. If it did have FastPass, the CM's would still have the question "Where can i get fastpass?" asked all day.

What does Dispatch speed have to do with anything. If Matterhorn did have fastpass , by the time the Guests reach you, it is already a mixture of Guests who used FastPass and those Guests who didn't.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 06:28 PM
Two things. My point at first was why would a guess ask us about early admission considering im in a fantasy land costume? Anyways. Aaron, we have been told to give all the prioritys to fast passers like every ride. Its just the matterhorn and its breaking problems are a real problem. I don't believe in giving all the prioritys to fast passers.. yet again its our job. With the amount of trains in the mountain at a time we have to dispatch a train, at best every 45 seconds, 10 seconds to get in, 35 to check if everyone is ready for dispatch. Or like usual and what causes most of the tech problems, the trains get way too piled on the a-route and cause a humongous problem. As i keep saying... This is from a CMs point of view!!! not the guests. HAHA! good point about that fast pass thing tho, lots of cms complain about the guests being "Where are the fast passes"?

Haha.

marktips
04-02-2005, 06:29 PM
Does anyone have any idea what he just said?

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 06:31 PM
Aaron or me?

PapiBear
04-02-2005, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have any idea what he just said?

I sure as heck don't. All I know is that he works there. Which land his costume reflects, whatever the heck "merge point" is, and how that reflects what he may or may not know about early admission is beside the point. He works there. If he doesn't know the answer to a question, his response should be "I don't know, sir/ma'am, but I'll find out for you." If he can't handle that, he doesn't belong in Walt's Park.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 06:35 PM
..lol I'll stop with the CM terms.

marktips
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
I don't know which merge point Gabe is refering to, but I was refering to the "merge point" where FastPass line meets Standby line on FastPass attractions - not a fun place to work.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 06:40 PM
I understand what you meant, the merge point i was refering to mark was where the right and left slope lead into the dispatch complex on the matterhorn. I agree, definitely not a fun job.

marktips
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM
Gabe - about the questions: You should have a general knowledge of the basic operations of the park. Even if it doesn't really concern your basic operations, you should know the answer or how to find out. Like, answering what time the parade starts.

Guests have no idea what costume you're wearing. To them, it's all a funny-looking blur. They often ask people without costumes the same questions. As a Guest, I was asked where I bought my cinnamon roll by a woman when I was less than 5ft from the entrance to the pastry shop.

So back the queries - each Guest is important and you should do your best to answer the questions, no matter how silly they seem. If really can't get into it, tell them where they can find the information. "I don't know all the details, but i'm sure Guests Relations would be glad to discuss the matter with you." is a quick acceptable answer.