PDA

View Full Version : Single Rider Lines

HorizonsA
04-02-2005, 03:55 PM
Ok, I've visited Disneyland at least 5 times this past week, and on three of those days I came alone. Now, I am a huge fan of Splash Mountain and I knew the line for the attraction would exceed 120 minutes, which it did. Little did I know that there is a single rider line. :~D . I went through the exit and waited in a seperate line to be boarded. I knew I wouldn't get on immediately since they only board you if there are seats left over, but when the Cast Member led me to the single rider line, there were at least 15-20 people in the line with me. However, I noticed that these other people were parties of their own. This upset me a little because I thought, correct me if I'm wrong, that the single rider line was for people that are alone and aren't with their own parties. I was an actual single rider, everybody else was not; they were just cheating their way through the line. Not to say that I wasn't cheating, I just think the single rider lines should be for people who are actually alone.

I think I remember reading that Indiana Jones used to have a Single Rider line but it was close because TOO MANY PEOPLE WERE ABUSING IT. Well, I just hope that Splash Mountain, or Soarin' Over California, or Grizzly River Run don't loose their single rider lines because of abuse, because that's what this is.

SallySkellington
04-02-2005, 03:58 PM
Single rider lines aren't only for people who are alone. Parties can use them, as long as they don't mind their party being split up.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:04 PM
we watch that to. It's REALLY obvious when someone isn't alone.

Disney Vault
04-02-2005, 04:48 PM
Single rider lines aren't only for people who are alone. Parties can use them, as long as they don't mind their party being split up.
That is how I always thought of it too.

goober7011
04-02-2005, 06:49 PM
This upset me a little because I thought, correct me if I'm wrong, that the single rider line was for people that are alone and aren't with their own parties. I was an actual single rider, everybody else was not; they were just cheating their way through the line. Not to say that I wasn't cheating, I just think the single rider lines should be for people who are actually alone.

I think I remember reading that Indiana Jones used to have a Single Rider line but it was close because TOO MANY PEOPLE WERE ABUSING IT. Well, I just hope that Splash Mountain, or Soarin' Over California, or Grizzly River Run don't loose their single rider lines because of abuse, because that's what this is.

I agree with SallySkellington IMHO they are not cheating because in the end they are still going to ride by themselves. The single ride line is just to fill up extra space that can be accomidated in the vehicle. Personally the only time I do this is when I'm short on time and still want to get a ride in. (This is rare though) If they were riding together and getting their own log that would be wrong and they should wait in standby with the rest of the people. But if they are willing to share a log with others and ride by themselves I have no problem with groups in the single rider line as long as they end up riding by themselves. Just my 2 cents.

-Goober

Crazy4DL
04-02-2005, 07:18 PM
I agree with SallySkellington IMHO they are not cheating because in the end they are still going to ride by themselves. The single ride line is just to fill up extra space that can be accomidated in the vehicle. Personally the only time I do this is when I'm short on time and still want to get a ride in. (This is rare though) If they were riding together and getting their own log that would be wrong and they should wait in standby with the rest of the people. But if they are willing to share a log with others and ride by themselves I have no problem with groups in the single rider line as long as they end up riding by themselves. Just my 2 cents.

-Goober

make sense to me, just my 2 cents ;)

bradk
04-02-2005, 07:37 PM
agreed. it's not a reward for people with no friends or family with them. it's a way to keep the cars filled and get as many guests cycled through as possible.

as mentioned prior on here, the problems are when the groups decide they're entitled to ride together - those are the abusers of the system.

Mrs.N
04-02-2005, 07:44 PM
Ok, I've visited Disneyland at least 5 times this past week, and on three of those days I came alone. Now, I am a huge fan of Splash Mountain and I knew the line for the attraction would exceed 120 minutes, which it did. Little did I know that there is a single rider line. :~D . I went through the exit and waited in a seperate line to be boarded. I knew I wouldn't get on immediately since they only board you if there are seats left over, but when the Cast Member led me to the single rider line, there were at least 15-20 people in the line with me. However, I noticed that these other people were parties of their own. This upset me a little because I thought, correct me if I'm wrong, that the single rider line was for people that are alone and aren't with their own parties. I was an actual single rider, everybody else was not; they were just cheating their way through the line. Not to say that I wasn't cheating, I just think the single rider lines should be for people who are actually alone.

It bothers me too because my husband has to wait for me when I do the single rider, and the groups cause him to wait longer. I've mentioned this before but apparently I'm in the minority on this because most people seem to think if you don't insist on riding as a group it's okay.

bradk
04-02-2005, 07:51 PM
your husband would have to wait a lot longer for you if there were no single rider lines. it's a mutual benefit disney has allowed. we should be grateful for it as single riders and not look that gift mouse in the mouth.