PDA

View Full Version : trip report 3/15/05 - 3/18/05

Disneynerd
04-02-2005, 02:19 PM
The Cast: Me (29), Hubby (34), and Baby (9 months)

History: Fourth time to Disney as a couple. First time with Junior. I'm obsessed with Disneyland and WDW. Hubby thinks I'm hilarious. When I say hilarious, I mean crazy.

Tuesday:
Arrive to Orange County Airport aound midnight. Stop at Food4Less in Anaheim for baby formula - will never do this again - felt unsafe in neighborhood at that hour. Checked into GCH. Had exact view we requested - DTD across from Hagan-Daz, with view of Uva bar just to left. Set baby up in Pack 'n' Play.

Wednesday:
Baby rose at 7:30am as if not to notice 3 hour time change - thanks baby! Stopped at World of Disney for Piglet sunglass for junior. She wore them 20 seconds before tasting them. Entered DL - ahhhhhhh, I'm here! Headed to Pooh for FP. Learned Pooh doesn't have FP, duh. Got FP for BTMRR, rode Pooh. Baby's first attraction. Sniff, sniff, wipe tear! Snacked on churros. Rode Pirates, had lunch at Carnation, tooled around, made my excitement known by dancing to Rod music near the hub. Hubby pretended not to know me. Rode HM - my favorite. Evening falls. Head back to room, sprouse up, head to Grandvilles. Baby falls asleep in stroller on the way there and doesn't wake up until next morning! Thanks again, Baby! Had same server Alex that we had last year - what a coinky-dink! Alex, you rock, see you next year!

Thursday:
St. Patty's Day! Everyone in green! Except hubby. Thought I was kidding when I said we were all wearing green on St Patty's day. Didn't pack green shirt. Made B line to TOT. Used parent swap - very smooth! But first, took picture of baby and me in front of 3D street scene. Relaxed and took our time. Had obligatory beer on the Warf - twist my arm hubby. Chased it down with a coffee. Did parent swap for Screamin' and Soarin' - garsh I love that ride. Nice girl invited me to ride with her on Screamin'. Had a lovely conversation. Got off ride, realized I had big splotch of coffee on the tip of my nose. Felt real dumb. Hubby couldn't stop laughing. Nice. Got handstamp, went back to room to spiff up for Ralph's Jazz Kitchen. Made reservations for 2nd floor balcony - wonderful idea. Baby was acting up, didn't stay long. Went back to room, put on tennies, baby fell asleep in stroller. Headed up to DL to experience it's beauty at night. Lovely, just lovely! Strolled hand in hand with hubby down main street usa while baby slept peacefully in stroller. Waited 40 minutes at Gibson Girl for a cone. But, that's Disney. Purchased Eeyore mug to complete my collection. Headed back to room.

Friday:
Last day, sooooo sad. AWEFUL weather! Started out nice and went downhill from there. Saw Snow White. Kinda dorky, but the kids in the audiance loved it. Rode IASW, Baby was in LOVE! Hit Snow White, Pinacchio, Storybook, Casey Jr. then the monsoon hit. Had lunch at Tortilla Joe's - yuck! I'm a Don Pablos/Taco Bell kinda gal. I like my Mexican cheesey and sour creamy. TJ's had none of this. Too authentic. Headed back to DL but just got grumpier as weather got poopier. Come nightfall, I rode Splash to cheer me up while hubby entertained a tired and wet baby. Splash broke down! I watched Brer Fox shove Brer Bear's brer butt into a cave for 20 minutes. Anxiety attack kicking in - get me off this log!!!!!! Evacuate. Kinda cool to see the guts of Splash, but anxious to get back to baby and husband who didn't even notice I was gone for what seemed like 3 days. Headed back to room hungry. Ordered room service. Prooved that you can't get a good burger in Disneyland.

Saturday:
Checked out. Explored World of Disney with baby while husband rented car. Purchased last minute extremely necessary souveniers such as mousepad, pen, two antenna toppers and infant chew tows. In a few days will discover that I left my brand new black LaCoste golf shirt in the room. Does anyone have any connections to the lost and found? I've called three times and each person said they will check and call me back but never have.

To sum up:
A very satisfying trip because I didn't expect to do everything. Knowing I will be back every year come heck or high water makes it easier to accept missing the ELP because of a tyfoon. Can't wait to go back in 374 days, 5 minutes, 35 seconds......
Cheers to you who sat thru this rambling trip report.

Love,
Disneynerd:)

Earkid
04-03-2005, 12:54 PM
I almost missed your trip report on page two. So glad you had a good time. Most of us love DL in the rain but I guess it isn't as much fun when you are toting a baby, although your baby sounded very accomodating thru most of the trip.
Thanks for sharing.

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-04-2005, 02:27 PM
LOVED your report...we were there the same time 3/18 -- 24...I wanted to write mine like how you wrote your's but mine ended up too wordy.... :confused:

Disneynerd
04-05-2005, 12:52 PM
LOVED your report...we were there the same time 3/18 -- 24...I wanted to write mine like how you wrote your's but mine ended up too wordy.... :confused:HC, your report rocked! I could picture your family running in that cold rain back to the hotel. I could also picture you eating yucky potatos and rubber-necking to find Cinderella. What a shame! :crying:

rentayenta
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
How did I miss this report? I live for these :D Great report, thank you for sharing!

Faith Trust & Pixie Dust
04-05-2005, 01:12 PM
Glad you had so much fun! Your baby sounds unbelievably sweet and flexible--what's your secret? :) I'm with you on the rain thing. When you get torrential rain and you're pushing a double stroller, you've got to look a little bit harder to find the magic. Love your shopping for "necessities"--I can completely relate. Thanks for the report!

Mommy2NicknMax
04-05-2005, 01:21 PM
Loved your trip report. Don't you just love when the little ones fall asleep in the stroller? :) It sounds like you all had a really good time.

Crazy4DL
04-05-2005, 02:22 PM
I LOVED your report! I enjoy all the reports but this one was especially easy reading - thanks! I was sitting here laughing out loud all by myself on the coffee on the nose incident!! :D :D :D Yeah, the weather patterns are definitely harder to handle when you have babies with you. You sounded like an adorable family. So glad you had a good time. thank you for sharing!! :)

Disneynerd
04-08-2005, 04:55 PM
Awwwww, you guys are so sweet! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm so happy to have a website dedicated to talking about Disney with enthusiastic folks like yourselves.

"When you wish upon a staaaaar....." okay, I know you just got misty!!!

CoasterChickie
04-08-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey, I just discovered your report too. It sounds like you had a fun time despite the rain. That's so sweet that Pooh was your baby's first ride! :)

The old man
04-09-2005, 06:22 AM
We waited to our daughter was 4 to go to DL. Glad we did.
David

Hakuna Makarla
04-09-2005, 07:29 AM
OM goddness, what a wonderful report!! Thank you so much! I missed it or would have posted right away. Your avatar is adorable and I am so glad you posted! Ok, wheres the pictures?? I got to see pictures :)