PDA

View Full Version : Finally! (Booked 1st Trip to DLR)

arpinl
04-02-2005, 11:36 AM
Next month, I will finally make my first visit to DLR. Growing up, a trip to Anaheim was always out of the question for my family (Dad's afraid to fly). When I turned 18 in 2001 (yes, I'm fairly young :rolleyes: ), the aftermath of 9/11 caused me to cancel a solo trip for December of that year.

College, internships, and part-time jobs have prevented me from making the trek since then--until now. I just booked a stay at the DLH during the last week of May (departing *before* Memorial Day weekend) as a graduation present to myself.

Naturally, I'm very excited (hence my need to come share this information on MousePad!).

Crazy4DL
04-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Next month, I will finally make my first visit to DLR. Growing up, a trip to Anaheim was always out of the question for my family (Dad's afraid to fly). When I turned 18 in 2001 (yes, I'm fairly young :rolleyes: ), the aftermath of 9/11 caused me to cancel a solo trip for December of that year.

College, internships, and part-time jobs have prevented me from making the trek since then--until now. I just booked a stay at the DLH during the last week of May (departing *before* Memorial Day weekend) as a graduation present to myself.

Naturally, I'm very excited (hence my need to come share this information on MousePad!).

Congratulations!! You are going to LOVE it! and in case you don't know it already we all love reading trip reports especially through the eyes of a first timer. ;) :D

I Heart Disneyland!
04-02-2005, 12:25 PM
I'm pretty sure that after you go, you'll be hooked, just like the rest of us loonies! :)

disneyfand
04-02-2005, 12:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that after you go, you'll be hooked, just like the rest of us loonies! :)
I got hooked, that for sure. Now it's like a yearly thing.

JosieGirl71
04-02-2005, 01:54 PM
You are going to love it! Have a great time and be sure to have one of those famous corn dogs! :D

sunfun94
04-02-2005, 02:13 PM
Awwww, its wonderful to hear of a person who finally gets to go to DL for the first time!!! We want a trip report!! :)
Have a great time and dont forget to get a churro!!! lol... :D

Wendi
04-02-2005, 02:14 PM
You are going to LOVE it!!! Have you been to Disneyworld?

arpinl
04-02-2005, 03:02 PM
You are going to LOVE it!!! Have you been to Disneyworld?

Yes, many times. I even did the College Program and worked in Fantasyland Merchandise. But I'm really excited to experience the attractions that are exclusive to Disneyland--and to eat at Blue Bayou!

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Come by the matterhorn and say hi :)

SuefromRI
04-02-2005, 03:22 PM
Are you going by yourself or with a friend? You'll love it cuz you already have the right excitement about it. You'll find it has a more intimate feel than MK, which can also make it feel more crowded when crowded. Just use fastpass and take your time while walking around to enjoy the wonderful exteriors and ambiance, especially Small World. Blue Bayou is a must experience.

Susan L
04-02-2005, 04:28 PM
Have a wonderful time, how exciting its your first time there :D

arpinl
04-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Are you going by yourself or with a friend?

I'll be going by myself. All my friends and relatives will be either busy trying to find a job after graduation OR working at the job they have currently. I was a little disappointed about this at first, but I think it will still be great. I've sort of built up the idea of my very first trip to DLR *so* much and for *so* long, that this trip has become like a pilgrimage: It'll be good to be unencumbered, so I can do exactly what I want, whenever I want to. :rolleyes:

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
how long?

arpinl
04-03-2005, 06:26 AM
how long?

I'll have 3 full days at the parks. I'm hoping to use my travel days to explore DTD.