PDA

View Full Version : Change in park hours?

wendyxo
04-02-2005, 10:46 AM
I am off to DL from April 15-21. I thought this would be a slow time judging by the park hours (DL closes at 7 during the week), but after reading about spring breaks I am getting worried. Does anyone know if DL adjusts its hours based on large crowds? Probably just wishful thinking on my part :) Thanks!

sunfun94
04-02-2005, 11:06 AM
Hi there!

Yup.. they adjust their hours to their projections of larger crowds estimates...You are lucky enough to be visiting when the majority of the country has had their Spring Break... some of the schools here in SoCal will be at the tail end of theirs that Fri-Sun (4.15-4.17) of your visit.... so you may see esculated crowds that weekend; tapering off a little the beginning of that next week. (My cousin is one of those on spring break that week and her and her friends have plans for 3 different visits! :eek: )
I dont know of any other special events that they may be having so you may want to check Mousplanet's DL update that will post the Monday before your trip! :)

Have a great visit!! :D

wendyxo
04-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Thanks for your help! I am a girl who loves to worry! (Usually over nothing!)

sunfun94
04-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Not even a problem... its a good question to wonder about!
I'm wondering the same about our visit to WDW..but I'm mainly worried about the weather! :)

wendyxo
04-02-2005, 11:59 AM
Hey Sunfun94- I just noticed that you're in San Clemente. I grew up there and still think its greatest place to live on earth!!

disneyfand
04-02-2005, 12:23 PM
What about the week after Memorial Day?? We are going 5/31-6/03. Any idea of the crowds. And the hours of operation that I'm getting from Disney's website seem short. 10AM to 9PM???!!! Any help??

Thanks

sunfun94
04-02-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey Sunfun94- I just noticed that you're in San Clemente. I grew up there and still think its greatest place to live on earth!!

Hi Wendyxo!!
We just moved here a year ago... my husband and I grew up in the concrete jungle of Orange, CA. (6 miles from DL) lol... :)
We love it here...it is absolutly gorgeous! Coming from a short lived stay in WA state (from 1999-2003) where it was 2 hours to anything remotely considered to be a beach this is heaven!!

sunfun94
04-02-2005, 02:06 PM
What about the week after Memorial Day?? We are going 5/31-6/03. Any idea of the crowds. And the hours of operation that I'm getting from Disney's website seem short. 10AM to 9PM???!!! Any help??

Thanks

In all honesty it could go either way...its right before the mainstay of summer..colleges are getting out and such, but its after the holiday. It may not be as crowded as the holiday or in the thick of summer, but fast pass is still going to be your best friend! :)
Have a wonderful trip!

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Wendy: Park hours really depend on how much people are expected in Disneyland.. I suspect in mid April, possibly 8am-10pm.. thats only a guess. And YES! SPRING BREAKS.. yesterday and today have been PACKED. :crying:

disneyfand
04-02-2005, 06:44 PM
Thank you. We will have a wonderful trip. :)

bradk
04-02-2005, 07:40 PM
the parks will expand their hours that day if the crowd is large enough. the number of people in the park has to justify extended hours, but it's still possible and been known to happen.