PDA

View Full Version : Ugh! (They edited my brick)

GeminiAngel
04-02-2005, 08:13 AM
So yes-tar-day I get a call from the dizzy ppl saying I can't use "st. patty's day" on my brick in the plaza. I ask why not? the gal had no idea why, but "they" said no. Anyone have any idea why "St. Patty's Day" is banned?

I could have opted to just put the date I guess. But we went with Las Vegas, NV.

(Mouse ears with 2005)
The Riley Family
Kevin,Traci,Nova
Las Vegas, NV

bradk
04-02-2005, 08:35 AM
umm.. unless i'm mistaken, they have established parameters for what can be imprinted on the brick. if people were allowed to deviate from those guidelines, the bricks would become an attraction in it of itself where you'd end up having people spend hours reading everyone's brick trying to see who's got all the witty ones and end up causing a traffic nightmare.

at least that'd be my understanding.

GeminiAngel
04-02-2005, 08:49 AM
I was wondering if it was the "St." part. Not very P.C.?

cstephens
04-02-2005, 02:58 PM
I don't think "St." has anything to do with it. As bradk mentioned, there are fairly strict guidelines about what information can be included on the brick. It's basically name, location and date. I believe someone on this board earlier got a brick that included "mother and son" under their names.

I Heart Disneyland!
04-02-2005, 03:05 PM
What if St. Patty's Day is your wedding day or something? And you want that? That's odd....wonder what the reasoning is? We will never know!

cstephens
04-02-2005, 03:18 PM
What if St. Patty's Day is your wedding day or something? And you want that?

Then you'd put the actual date down. I would figure they'd allow that.

SCUBAbe
04-02-2005, 03:18 PM
What if St. Patty's Day is your wedding day or something? And you want that? That's odd....wonder what the reasoning is? We will never know!

then I suppose you would just have March 17, "whatever year you want"..There realy isn't a need to put the name of the day.

CrazyTrain
04-02-2005, 05:45 PM
Here's the verbiage on what they allow: "Brick inscriptions may include proper person or family names, a single date, and a place (such as Anaheim, CA). No other information, including, but not limited to, slogans, titles, memorials, messages, copyright information, company or group names may be included on the brick." (taken from a previous post).

So, there's your answer.

Crazy4DL
04-02-2005, 06:18 PM
Here's the verbiage on what they allow: "Brick inscriptions may include proper person or family names, a single date, and a place (such as Anaheim, CA). No other information, including, but not limited to, slogans, titles, memorials, messages, copyright information, company or group names may be included on the brick." (taken from a previous post).

So, there's your answer.

Ours says

My First Name & DH First Name
Last Name & Family
August, 2005

GeminiAngel
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM

So, there's your answer.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me. Simple and to the point.

mkcbunny
04-02-2005, 09:09 PM
We wondered about the same issue when we ordered our brick. I figured that if they allow text beyond the set parameters, then that means they'd need to have people "proofing" the words for foul language, inappropriate words, hidden messages, etc. And they just don't want to or can't staff that effort. By setting limitations, the bricks don't have to be reviewed in such detail.

And the traffic-jam idea makes a lot of sense, too.