PDA

View Full Version : Splash Mountain: Lights On or Off?

HorizonsA
04-02-2005, 07:18 AM
So, yesterday I was riding Splash Mountain and just before you go over that tiny dip, just after you see Brer Rabbit and Brer Turtle singing, the ride broke down. As a result, we had to be walked off the attraction, which was really cool since I have never had to walk off an attraction before.

Anyway, before the Cast Mamber came to get us, they turned on the lights inside. When I saw this, I was really amazed. I think it looked way better than with the lights off. Especially for the "How Do You Do?" segment, I think the light should stay on. It looks really good and it gives the "happy" feeling.

Have any of you Padders been walked off Splash Mountain before in that section and if so, what do you think about the lights? Should they be on or off?

nightdesigns
04-02-2005, 07:57 AM
I've walked off of indy with the lights on, and you see how simple all these rides are. When you are whizzing by most of the props, you don't have time to see the fine details. It's amazing with lighting and a little time to look at the stuff, that there's nothing fancy behind them.

HorizonsA
04-02-2005, 03:59 PM
It was kind of funny though. When we were walked off they turned the sound off but the Audio-Animatronics were still on. So we got to walk passed Brer Rabbit and Brer Turtle, still singing apparently, but with no music or sound.

Music or no music; or sound or no sound, they still must perform.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:02 PM
If you think thats fascinating, you should see how CM walkout is. Basically, just the CMs that are closing an attraction need to walkthrough to pick up any trash, or debris.. I've had the pleasure, (well sort of-LOL) of doing a walkout for the Matterhorn many times. :)

disneyperson
04-02-2005, 04:12 PM
We've walked off both Splash and Indie. It was fun. We took pictures all the way out and the CM said it was ok as long as we didn't loiter to do it. I have a great close up of the snake.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:19 PM
We've walked off both Splash and Indie. It was fun. We took pictures all the way out and the CM said it was ok as long as we didn't loiter to do it. I have a great close up of the snake.

Me and my CM mate have one with the abomanible snowman;) But shh.. Hehe, yea perfect time too get pictures. Certain CMs will let you do that. When rides break down the majority of the time is that the trains get too crowded on the a-route, or a test. Thats neat that you got some pics tho.!

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 04:33 PM
has anyone walked off thundermountain before? that was the last i walked off a ride, new years 2003 was when i got to walk off splash, i was touching all the hanging leaves lol, and on peter pan we stopped for ten minutes in the neverland room and the ride continued with the lights on and no audio, and when i was on pinnochio the work lights turned on, but the ride audio and scenes were still moving, going through a fantasyland ride with the lights on really ruins it lol, cuz with all the black light gone the sets and animatronics look so ridiculously crappy lol, has this happened to anyone in fantasyland?

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:39 PM
The majority of attracions that break down are in fantasyland.. Breaks are the main problem. I'm sure many people have walked off of something before. :p

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 04:46 PM
sos is disney gonna be open to public on may 5 or is it just for a press event for the media only?

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 04:46 PM
lol the new commercials are getting me all excited

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:50 PM
Not sure.. I'll find out for you.. I go back to work in a hour and a half, when I come home, I'll be sure to let ya know if no one else has.

Disney Vault
04-02-2005, 04:54 PM
sos is disney gonna be open to public on may 5 or is it just for a press event for the media only?
Disneyland will be open on May 5th. It will be closed on May 4th to put up the finishing decorations and for the media event.

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 05:02 PM
ok thanx another thing lol may 5 its on a weekend correct

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Thursday..

I Heart Disneyland!
04-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I would LOVE to walk through Pirates. Get up close to the scenes and look at them. I've been on that ride since I was a kid (LONG time ago) and that is one ride I'd love to walk through.

JivinJungleSkipper85
04-02-2005, 05:08 PM
I've been walked out of Space Mountain and Thunder Mountain...and one night I got to do a walk through of Snow White's Scary Adventure...that was fun...though, the trees are UBER creepy when you're doing a walk through, lights or no lights...lol...

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 05:16 PM
aaaaaghhhh playing hokey is always fun though, ive done it to go to dland only twice first was for to see the angels yeesh that day was crazy, ive never seen so much red in my life lol was anybody else there for the angeles winning the series celebration?

SCUBAbe
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I would LOVE to walk through Pirates. Get up close to the scenes and look at them. I've been on that ride since I was a kid (LONG time ago) and that is one ride I'd love to walk through.

I walked off pirates. They came out with those rubber pants people wear to fish in and pulled our boat forward until we almost got to the jail scene. We then exited right out the exit door there. We were stuck for about 45 min,. When they finally turned that Yo Ho song off people cheered...and yes everything still was moving...LOL.we did get a front of the line pass to any ride we wanted for our inconvenience. :)

SCUBAbe
04-02-2005, 05:32 PM
aaaaaghhhh playing hokey is always fun though, ive done it to go to dland only twice first was for to see the angels yeesh that day was crazy, ive never seen so much red in my life lol was anybody else there for the angeles winning the series celebration?

I was...I was cheering for the giants...we left before we got juimped though..LOL

BWthespian
04-02-2005, 05:43 PM
aahahahaha really,didu see the first team parade that was on mainstreet? aghh i really loved the angels theme that played and seeing those ppl with thier thundersticks on top of the matter horn THUNDERSTICKS GALORE lol i still have mine call me lame but do any of u guys know mario soliz from channel 4 news i was kinda starstruck when he signed my thunderstick lol starstruck form a news guy im so odd lol