PDA

View Full Version : Best Western Park Place or Candy Cane Inn?

db's
04-02-2005, 05:16 AM
Hi there,

I will be visiting Disneyland for my first time in June and was wondering what hotel would you prefer staying at, the Best Western PP Inn or Candy Cane Inn.

Thanks for your help.

sjcivilady
04-02-2005, 06:32 AM
The walk is much shorter for Park Place (I just stayed at the Carousel and loved the short walk) - but the Candy Cane has a shuttle every 1/2 hour, I believe.

stitchlvr
04-02-2005, 06:36 AM
I can't make a comparison since I've never stayed at the Candy Cane, but I think you'd be ok at either one . The reviews on this board for the Candy Cane have been great. I stayed at BWPPI in February and had a good experience. It may depend on what you are looking for as well. We just want a nice comfortable clean room (we just sleep there-we aren't in it much) and BWPPI fit the bill. It's important to me to be as close to the park as possible and BWPPI fits that as well (although I've read on here that Candy Cane has a great shuttle). I would probably stay at either one.

kohl
04-02-2005, 07:07 AM
I'm not sure about the Candy Cane Inn, but we have stayed at BBPPI and thought it was good. They also have a continental breakfast of pastry's, cereal, bagels and fruit.

DangerMouse
04-02-2005, 07:49 AM
I haven't stayed at either, so that may invalidate my opinion altogether. However, based on everything I have read on this board, and others, if I had to choose between the two, I would stay at the Candy Cane. I would love having the option of the dedicated shuttle, and I have heard that their breakfast, service and overall atmosphere is awesome.

However, I don't think Candy Cane has large refrigerators and microwaves in their rooms (which is a big selling point for my family who likes to prepare their own in-room meals and snacks).

Good luck with your decision. We are trying the Ho Jo this month, and are looking forward to it. We may try the Candy Cane one of these days though!

AnotherPixie
04-02-2005, 08:04 AM
I've stayed at the Best Western Park Place 4 times. Every single experience was a bad one. Keep in mind though, this was over a period of 5 years. Every time I tried to give it another chance, I was deeply disappointed. I suggest the Fairfield Inn (Marriott) on Harbor Blvd. It is not even a block away.

stitchlvr
04-02-2005, 08:39 AM
I've stayed at the Best Western Park Place 4 times. Every single experience was a bad one. Keep in mind though, this was over a period of 5 years. Every time I tried to give it another chance, I was deeply disappointed. I suggest the Fairfield Inn (Marriott) on Harbor Blvd. It is not even a block away.

I'm just curious what made the experience bad? It's hard to know if the hotel has improved or if people just have different things that are important to them. As I've said, we had agood experience there recently and I'd stay there again.

BTW,the BWPPI does have microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms. There is no need for a shuttle because it's right at the crosswalk on Harbor. I have heard that the rooms at the Candy Cane might be nicer.

Leash81
04-02-2005, 10:19 AM
I have never stayed at the BWPPI but I have stayed at the candy cane inn 4 times and have plans to stay there at least 3 more times this year. I have never had a bad experience. The rooms are always clean and comfortable, the hot tub is great for relaxing after the park and the breakfast is standard but good to get you moving in the morning. The walk takes about 10 min. but the shuttle runs every 1/2 hour and only services the CCI.

Hi-Ho
04-02-2005, 03:59 PM
Hi there,

I will be visiting Disneyland for my first time in June and was wondering what hotel would you prefer staying at, the Best Western PP Inn or Candy Cane Inn.

Thanks for your help.

We discovered Candy Cane Inn a few years ago, and if we don't stay at a Disney property, we wouldn't stay anywhere other than Candy Cane Inn. There is something about the ambience (flowers, wood shutters, etc.) that makes you feel you are stepping out of the craziness of everything around you. I don't think you will be disappointed if you stay here. Have a fabulous time on your first trip to DL!

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure about hotels considering im TPO. (theme park operations.) But long story short, if you want a good place to say, service to the parks.. but pricey, try any of the DL Resort hotels. Candy cane inn is a nice place, but old. Short walk to!

Dream Again
04-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Depends, which do you prefer? Atmosphere, or distance? My mom and I went to both last summer, (we made two trips) and liked the Candy Cane WAY better atmosphere wise, but BW was really great distance wise. BW rooms are dark though, and it was pretty confusing to get out of at times. Candy Cane is at a walkable distance, just a lot further than if you were to stay at BW. It's a really pretty hotel, and the rooms are cute. The staff was pretty friendly too.

mw9955
04-03-2005, 09:53 AM
Hello -
My husband, 4 yr old and I stayed at the PPI in Decemeber for 4 nights. We had a great experience. The staff was actually very friendly when we came early in the morning. The room wasn't ready, but they gave us a paking pass and got us all checked in - all we had to do was pick up our room keys when we got back from the parks. Our room was very clean too. We stayed at some other area hotels like Jolly Roger years before which was pretty dirty. The refridgerator which was bigger than we thought and the microwave was pretty convenient. If you stay for more than a couple days, I would ask for a room very close to the laundry room which is right next to the pool :D Makes it very convenient. I must say that I never have had the good fortune to stay at a Disney property so my idea of a great stay may be not so good compared to that! The cont. breakfast was small, but all we needed was some coffee, juice, toast, and cereal and we were off! The best part to us was the walk! The crosswalk to DLR is just right in front of the hotel (perfect for kids) and the security checkpoint was rarely busy.. I met some family one day who had a long wait coming from the DTD side checkpoint. Sorry so long, but I really did enjoy my stay there..

DisneylandForever
04-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Depends, which do you prefer? Atmosphere, or distance?

That's a great way to decide. I agree with Dream Again. If you wanna stay super close, the BWPP is the closest hotel on "the strip." But the Candy Cane is a nicer hotel hands down. If it were me I would stay at the Candy Cane because while it's a bit of an extra walk, it's well worth it.

UncleGDogWord
04-03-2005, 10:26 AM
When the wife and I go we will only stay at the Park Place Inn. Shortest distance from the park (excluding the Disney owned Hotels). The rooms are nice, but we only sleep in them and not occupy them during the day.

Lani
04-03-2005, 11:10 AM
We like to stay at the Park Place Inn because it is closest to the pedestrian entrance to Disneyland. We've never had a bad experience there, although their "free continental breakfast" leaves a bit to be desired.

I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn many years ago, and although it is not really within reasonable walking distance to the park anymore (because of the way Disneyland has changed its entrances), they have the BEST free continental breakfast of any local motel, hands-down. At least when I went, they had different types of cereal (for kids and adults both), lots of bagels and toastables, pastries, cream cheese, butter, jams/jellies, peanut butter, and fresh fruit. VERY yummy. And it's by their pool room, so there's lots of room, and lots of natural light.

kisroo
04-03-2005, 12:34 PM
<<snip>>I've stayed at the Candy Cane Inn many years ago, and although it is not really within reasonable walking distance to the park anymore (because of the way Disneyland has changed its entrances), they have the BEST free continental breakfast of any local motel, hands-down. At least when I went, they had different types of cereal (for kids and adults both), lots of bagels and toastables, pastries, cream cheese, butter, jams/jellies, peanut butter, and fresh fruit. VERY yummy. And it's by their pool room, so there's lots of room, and lots of natural light.

Lani~you've hit the nail on the head on this one. Their breakfast is the best. Hands down. We save quite a bit on food when we stay there, because many times we can do a nice, filling breakfast, a snack in the park, and then an early dinner/late lunch. I want to emphasize FRESH fruit. Hard to come by at a hotel breakfast.

We love the CCI. The hotel, pool area and rooms are so cute. It's not a bad walk (and they have the shuttle which is very efficient) for us. I can't say about the PPI. Never stayed there.
~kisroo:)