PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass Question

Tyuasd
04-01-2005, 03:03 PM
I've lookws on-line to the answer to the question (and through these boards) and can't find consistent information, so I'm sorry if this has been covered extensively in the past.

The last time I was at Disneyland was December 2001. What changes to Fastpass have been made since then? Can you now get more than one ticket at a time? I've seen others say that "fastpass tickets ran out" How is this possible?

Thanks for the info.

ima_mickeyfan
04-01-2005, 03:10 PM
from what I understand is that when the fast pass tickets run out or you can no longer get them at a ride is because the wait time on the ticket is so long, you might as well stand in line.

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:29 PM
first, DCA and DL are completely separate

second, most machines are 'networked.' when this is the case, once you get a fastpass, you won't be able to get another one until either your return window comes or 2 hours have passed, whichever comes first. non-networked machines will give a fastpass regardless (the rules of course apply to that machine though).

if you have an enchanced or unlimited fastpass (available through AAA only), you're able to rack up as many fastpasses as you like, one per attraction until the return window or 2 hours, yada yada yada.

as far as them selling out, the way fastpass works is it starts off with a return window, gives out a set number of passes which is stastically based on how many people can go through the attraction per hour. after that, it pushes the return window to start 5 minutes later. it continues to do this up until the point where the return window would exceed park closing. at that point, the fastpass is determined to be sold out. a very popular attraction on a crowded day can easily sell out by early afternoon.

Crazy4DL
04-01-2005, 03:31 PM
I was going to try and answer the post and I said "what am I doing, bradk will be here in a few minutes and he is so much more detailed and clear than I could ever be!" ;) I've said it before but dang you are good, bradk:)

Tyuasd
04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the great info BradK!!

One more questions: which attractions are not on the network?

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
that's a darkbeer question. he actually recently posted a list. if you go back a few pages or do a search, it should be easy to find. i'm just lazy. and stuck at work.

Deogge's Mom
04-01-2005, 03:52 PM
According to the times guide I picked up today the following attractions at Disneyland have FASTPASS:
Autopia
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Splash Mountain

Attractions at DCA are
Screamin'
GGR
Mulholland Madness
Soarin'
TOT

Leap for Joy
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
I think the non-networked machines are currently Roger Rabbits Car Toon Spin in DL, and Grizzly River Run in DCA.

DefyingGravity
04-01-2005, 06:22 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd just post my fastpass question here. I'm going to be at the parks from April 11-13, which I assume will be crowded. I have the AAA unlimited Fastpass thing, and I plan to take full advantage of it. First thing in the morning I'm going to run around the park and collect fastpasses for every ride. My question is, what is the most effecit way to do this- meaning least walking and hitting the popular rides first. I assume going left into Adventureland and getting Indy, then Splash, then Thunder, then Buzz. (I don't really plan on getting Roger or Autopia in the early morning.) Where are the Buzz fastpasses? Do they go quickly? Also, what would you do for DCA? Sorry if this question seems really stupid, but I was just wondering if anybody had any thoughts.

jennia
04-01-2005, 06:56 PM
The Buzz FP machine is right accross the path from Star Tours. When we were at DL on Wednesday you could still get a Buzz FP in the late afternoon. Indiana and Splash Mtn Fast Passes were gone **hours** before we made it over to Buzz. Your route sounds *GREAT* to me.

sediment
04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
DG, I don't think 4/11-13 (Mon-Wed) will be so crowded. Near the end of Spring Breaks, I think. Most had this week off, and LA public schools had last week off.
Arew you going with anyone else, like family? If so, you could get the FastPasses on the West Side for everyone, while they take a first ride on Buzz. Then when you return to Buzz, you can ride it once or twice with them.

DefyingGravity
04-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks for your responses. Sediment, I sure hope it won't be crowded. I thought that it wouldn't be bad, especially because the park hours aren't very long, but people have been telling me that hotels are completely booked, so I don't know. I'm just going to the park with my mom, so I don't think she'll want to do any ride by herself. She'll probably just get coffee or food on Main Street or something and meet me somewhere. But thanks for the suggestion.

sediment
04-01-2005, 09:17 PM
Hotels are booked, eh? There was another thread about cheerleading/dance/drill competitions coming in. Hmm....

Over at MiceChat (http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?t=2234)

bradk
04-02-2005, 03:14 AM
hotels are not completely booked for 4/11 - 4/13. BWPPI, Castle, Anabella, Desert Inn, HoJo, Park Vue, Penny Sleeper, Ramada Maingate/Saga, Tropicana all have rooms available.

the Disney hotels may be.

caution a-head
04-02-2005, 08:16 PM
Ok I have a question about the AAA unlimited Fastpass. I've never heard of them, I belong to AAA and was wondering how you get them? :)

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 08:21 PM
looks like brad needs to make his way to the TDA Building. :-O

bradk
04-02-2005, 08:31 PM
who do you think is next in line after iger?

re: AAA enhanced/unlimited fastpasses. you must book a full vacation through AAA and evidently it must be at one of the resort hotels.

fnatic4themagic
04-02-2005, 08:33 PM
*cough* BRAD. aha, attractions would most likely not be the place for you im guessing. BRADK FOR CEO BRAD K FOR CEO. ((kicks feet))

mkcbunny
04-08-2005, 01:31 PM
According to the times guide I picked up today the following attractions at Disneyland have FASTPASS:
Autopia
Big Thunder Mountain RR
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Indiana Jones
Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin
Splash Mountain

Attractions at DCA are
Screamin'
GGR
Mulholland Madness
Soarin'
TOT

On the DL Web site, they include Haunted Mansion as a FastPass ride. Has that been pulled? They obviously haven't updated their list because they do not include TOT. Last time I was there [Jan '04], I think Pirates was FP, too. Guess no more??

Darkbeer
04-08-2005, 01:38 PM
On the DL Web site, they include Haunted Mansion as a FastPass ride. Has that been pulled? They obviously haven't updated their list because they do not include TOT. Last time I was there [Jan '04], I think Pirates was FP, too. Guess no more??

DM got it right... they have pulled the Pirates FP machines and converted the area back to queue space.

The Haunted Mansion FP machines are now only used during the Holiday version.