PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey in DL?

bradk
04-01-2005, 11:56 AM
I just got off the phone with someone at WDW Merchandising who told me she believes DLR has been upgraded so that Pal Mickey will work there? I would have thought I'd have heard something about it, but.. just curious if anyone else has heard or know of that?

also, on a pal mickey note. the 50th anniversary pal mickeys (in the tux and upgraded to know about all the 50th anniversary celebrations) are now officially on sale. they're $65 as opposed to the first generation which are $54 or so though.

ima_mickeyfan
04-01-2005, 12:00 PM
what in the world is pal mickey? and how is it that he is working at DLH?

bradk
04-01-2005, 12:01 PM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/palmickey.asp

he works at every park but DLR because DLR wasn't fitted with his technology. unless of course something was done under the radar.

and by not working, i mean he still does his jokes and games and stuff, but he's obviously unaware of what's going on in the park.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-01-2005, 12:08 PM
http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/misc/palmickey.asp

How cute is that!! My boys would love this. Must buy two......

Andrew
04-01-2005, 12:11 PM
Lots of info about Pal Mickey at WDW (http://www.mouseplanet.com/wdwupdate/wdw030617avp.htm).

bradk
04-01-2005, 12:51 PM
i knew it was too good to be true. i just called delivears and according to them, pal mickey doesn't work in DLR at this time.

in the mean time, i found www.palmickey.net .. very interesting, particularly the photos section.

Mommy2NicknMax
04-01-2005, 12:52 PM
i knew it was too good to be true. i just called delivears and according to them, pal mickey doesn't work in DLR at this time.

Bummer. :( I hope they can make it work at DL too someday.

got2travel
04-01-2005, 02:11 PM
Looks like you got your answer. But I took my Pal Mickey to DLR in January just to see if he would work. A CM at WDW told me he would, but I didn't think so. I had to test it for myself. Alas, Mickey stayed quiet the entire day.

ima_mickeyfan
04-01-2005, 02:21 PM
now I know what you are talking about. I have read some post somewhere that people (msg. board friends) actually go in on the cost of mickey and send him back and forth amongst each other when they go on vacation, since he is so pricy. and they just keep passing him around. hmmm..makes you think huh?

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:11 PM
yeah, they used to rent them out at WDW. i guess they decided it's more profitable just to sell them.

i just bought one at the world of disney store here.

sunfun94
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
yeah, they used to rent them out at WDW. i guess they decided it's more profitable just to sell them.

i just bought one at the world of disney store here.

So they do not rent him out anymore? How much is he? And do they still offer the other charachters...I had heard that they were releasing Minnie, Goofy etc

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:35 PM
i'm not aware of any other characters, and no, i don't believe they rent them out anymore. the original mickey is about $54. there is a new mickey available as of today avaialble only at the theme park (and through WDW mail order by phone) which has been upgraded for the 50th anniversary editions. he's wearing a tux and goes for $65. the original mickey is still available though.

sunfun94
04-01-2005, 03:38 PM
I am correct in assuming that the pal mickey in his original form will still have all the info with regards to the 50th celebration goings on? Or do we need to by the upgraded version for this?
I know, nieve question but I would like to make sure of what we are getting before we purchase him! :)

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:40 PM
that's a really good question. WDW Merchandising makes it a point to mention the new one has all the 50th anniversary information, but it's completely my understanding that the old one is 'upgraded' automatically when entering the parks (at least according to what that MP article said). i would hope disney wouldn't pull something like that. especially with such a price jump. i think it's supposed to be more of a special edition than anything else.

sunfun94
04-01-2005, 03:42 PM
oh ok.. so it sounds as if it's really if you want your Mickey dressed up or not

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:45 PM
i suppose. although the palmickey.net site has information on where to buy clothes for your current one. unofficially of course

sunfun94
04-01-2005, 03:47 PM
I may be going backwards with the progression of this conversation so please forgive me...but... what would be the difference then between the one you were able to purchase at the World of Disney Store and the one offered at WDW directly?

bradk
04-01-2005, 03:55 PM
not a thing. the world of disney store here sells a lot of disney world merchandise and that's one of the things. why someone would want to buy one here is beyond me, but since i needed one to give someone by april 14, it was my best option (would have cost me $20 more to do it mail order to get it in a week). the big thing is the new one is exclusively in the park (and can be ordered via mail order as well).

sunfun94
04-01-2005, 03:57 PM
things that make you go hmmmm...