PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Brunch at the House of Blues

nmjohnston874
04-01-2005, 11:05 AM
Has anyone been? Is it worth the $33 per person?

jrad32
04-01-2005, 12:04 PM
Never been, but I've heard good things about the brunch at the HOB in Vegas. I think the food is probably about the same.

Villains Fan
04-01-2005, 06:47 PM
I've been to the HOB gospel brunch in Hollywood a couple of times and had a GREAT time. I encouraged a group of probably 8 people to go last time and everyone had a great time and thought it was worth every cent. It's been a couple of years, but I remember the food being above average and the gospel music was very fun and uplifting. My only complaint, is that the show is only about an 45 minutes to an hour long and then they kind of rush you out to get ready for the second show. Even the after the second show, they rush you out. But all-in-all, I think it's definitely worth the price :D

Agent
04-01-2005, 08:18 PM
We have done the Gospel Brunch twice and loved it. The show is great, especially if the audience is "feeling the groove". I get the biggest kick out of seeing people 65 and over hooting and hollering and trying to keep rythm. (That's not to say I'm much better!)

The buffet is southern comfort food with wonderful deep fried catfish, biscuits and gravy and a bunch of other selections. If you are watching your weight, pass on this brunch. If not, indulge. We plan on going again! And remember to make reservations for the best seats!

sdfilmcritic
04-01-2005, 11:41 PM
I've been interested in trying it after I overheard some ladies standing behind me talking about it while we were waiting for a certain HOB concert (http://www.bondmusic.net/bond_diary/images/large/17_large.jpg) to start.

I know the picture is not from an HOB venue, but it is a great picture that show three things I love: Baseball, Music, and Beautiful Women. :p