PDA

View Full Version : Last minute suggestions anyone?

SeansMom
04-01-2005, 09:30 AM
We will be arriving April 3rd, and I have a few questions for any of you experts out there!!!

1) If we want to see Billy Hill show at 5:30 on Sunday, when should we get in line?

2) We won't get into the park until 2:00ish, typically a very crowded time I know, but what ride would YOU head to first? We were comtemplating either HM or POTC as they seem to load pretty fast and are, of course, on our MUST DO list. What do YOU think?

3) What are the chances for a fastpass to Buzz this late on a Sunday? If slim to no chance, what would you suggest we get a fastpass for???

4) If we watch the last Fantasmic show at 10:30 (which we have tickets for), would it be possible to sneak into a line and squeeze in one more ride? If you think yes, which ride should we head to?

5) Anybody know if the pools/hot tub at GCH are open this late at night?

6) Which grocery store is closest to DL? We want to stop and pick up water, fruit, and snacks before heading into the park.

7) Do you have a favorite "quiet place" in DL?

8) Where are the Fantasia Gardens here?

Thanks for all your input! I really appreciate the information here, the tips, and the amusing threads. Your the best!

Terri
04-01-2005, 10:01 AM
1) Not really sure about times, but back when they did the Golden Horseshoe Revue, you got in line 30 - 45 minutes before the show.
2) I would wait for the "big" rides until night - when the crowds start to thin out. It's going to be really crowded at that time. What I would suggest is to get a 3 month subscription to Ridemax (www.ridemax.com) and see what it would suggest. You can plug in all the rides you want to go on and go from there. If you want, you can email me a list of everything (ridewise) and breaktimes you want to do and I can run a sample list for you. I'm having fun playing with Ridemax so...let me know!
3) Again...a great Ridemax question! (I honestly don't have an answer as I haven't been to the park since Buzz opened.)
4) yes...pirates or haunted mansion since they are both right there.
5) I believe so...last I heard they were opened late without a lifeguard - as long as you have your room key!
6) wow...I know there's a 7-11 near the corner of harbor & katella...grocery store...the one I used to shop at when I lived off Katella closed years ago...another question I don't have a real answer for!
7) My favorite quiet spot in the park is on Tom Sawyers Island - near the back of the island, sitting on a bench facing the old minetrain cars that have prairie dogs popping up and down. It's pretty and peaceful and you can watch the mark twain float by. Other spots is the bottom seating area at the hungry bear watching the ducks, and near the wishing well, behind BTMRR.
8) not sure...

I know...not a lot of help, but it's a little bit of answers for a huge amount of questions! :p

bradk
04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
i think ga pretty much covered it. the only question here is how many days are you staying in the parks?

just my additional comments. pretty much for ANY show, arriving 40 minutes ahead of the start time is never a bad idea. sometimes the wait will be much shorter depending on the crowd and show and all, but it's a matter of being safe than sorry. oh, of course that's not true for F!. for free seating for the first show, 40 minutes is way too little, but that doesn't matter here.

as far as your sneaking onto rides, i'm assuming the park closes at 11? it might be a challenge with the flow of the crowd dispersing combined with the fact that the show ends around 10:55, but I believe the official policy is that if you are on line for an attraction when the park closes, you will still get to ride it as long as it doesn't go 101. of course, that doesn't prevent the operators from closing off the line a little early either.

there's the 7-11 as ga mentioned, i believe there's a more formal place right in that area as well (the name escapes me). i also believe the tropicana inn has a mini mart. (or at least one of the hotels on harbor does). there's also a major grocery store a few miles down the road.