PDA

View Full Version : Best ticket deals for non-AP's?

Pages : [1] 2

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 09:12 AM
We will arrive in sunny (hopefully) Anaheim on April 19th. I was going to order the 3 day park hopper online today (through Disney website). Does anyone know if there is a better deal out there (it's $109 for 3 day adult park hopper). Thanks much! :)

bradk
04-01-2005, 09:17 AM
depends on how many hoppers you'll be buying. $109 is a great price, however, arestravel.com will sell you an adult hopper (at child price) for $105.50. They do add an shipping charge of $5.75 per order, so if you're only getting one ticket, DL.com is probably better, otherwise, this would be your best price.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 09:19 AM
We will be in the parks for 3 days, and I need to buy 2 adult parkhoppers. Since there is no order charge if I order through Disney online, maybe $109 is my best bet! Thanks Bradk!

bradk
04-01-2005, 09:22 AM
well, yes, that's what I'd do. you'd save all of a $1.25 by using arestravel which probably isn't worth it.

Wendi
04-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Safeway is also selling the parkhoppers at kid's prices.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Really? Good to know!! I can pick them up and have them in my hot little hands instead of getting them at will-call. Thanks!

Tandyc
04-01-2005, 10:20 AM
well, yes, that's what I'd do. you'd save all of a $1.25 by using arestravel which probably isn't worth it.

We are getting our tickets through AAA for the Disney.com price but also get the free parking. As I understand it all the perks are there (Early entry, $10 ESPN, and show vouchers) with the benefit of free parking.

Can anyone confirm they have done this and had it work or not? I buy the tickets in about 3 hours so I'd love to hear how others have made out with AAA.

Thanks

Tandyc

bradk
04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
the early entry and $10 ESPN card are part of the hopper bonus ticket. the show vouchers (for priority seating i'm assuming) are coming through AAA. i doubt you'll have any sort of problem.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 10:25 AM
Safeway is also selling the parkhoppers at kid's prices.
Just looked at Safeway online to see if there was any mention of selling tickets. Couldn't find anything. Do you know if it's all Safeway stores?

bradk
04-01-2005, 10:28 AM
mousesavers.com reports 'some safeways' so no guarantee. if you aren't going to the store anyway, just do it online. believe me, i know the anxiousness of getting your hands physically on the tickets, but when you can do it from home with no shipping charges, it's hard to beat.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 10:33 AM
I know, I know....but there is just something about having those tickets in my hands that makes the upcoming trip seem even more real! Guess I should muster up some patience, huh? :-)

bradk
04-01-2005, 10:38 AM
i would... only because your trip to the store might be a waste (although maybe you could call them first). if i were in your shoes and knew i could get them for sure, i'd totally go right out and buy them now.

believe me, i know better than anyone... i started planning my trip out like 2 months ago, i had to wait until costco started selling the citypass i needed, then after buying it, i had to wait for it... i would check ups tracking 20 times a day, but eventually i got it and it's probably better for the wait. not to mention if you do buy the tickets in person today, they'll be taunting you a full week more than buying them online today would do.

Darkbeer
04-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Basically it is the Safeways in the Northern California area, plus a few other locations on the West Coast...

As for the AAA tickets, they come with the Early Entry, ESPN Zone Game card and free parking printed right on the ticket. You show the ticket to the parking CM, and when you use the Early Entry and Game card, they just cross out the words on the ticket to show that the feature has been used.

You could upgrade to an AP, but don't do it until the last day, and make sure you pick up your game card prior to upgrading....

Karen256
04-01-2005, 10:58 AM
Anyone know if the AAA parkhoppers still include the "unlimited fastpass" feature?

jennia
04-01-2005, 11:07 AM
My local Costco (in So Cal) has a Play 4-days pass for adults for $89.00. I think they had a kid's pass which was less but I had to buy the adult pass because the kids we are taking are 11. The pass does not allow you to park hop but it allows you to enter 4 days to ONE park for the $89.00. This was a great find for us because DH, DS and I have APs but DS wanted to take a friend. This way he can take a friend 4 different times and it works out to less than $25 per day.

bradk
04-01-2005, 11:10 AM
Anyone know if the AAA parkhoppers still include the "unlimited fastpass" feature?

yes and yes. not sure if you have to book an entire package through them though.

DangerMouse
04-01-2005, 12:18 PM
yes and yes. not sure if you have to book an entire package through them though.

You now have to book a hotel/ticket package through AAA in order to get the unlimited fastpass feature. Just purchasing AAA parkhoppers doesn't get it for you. I know Darkbeer has a post around here explaining all this . . .

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 01:11 PM
i would... only because your trip to the store might be a waste (although maybe you could call them first). if i were in your shoes and knew i could get them for sure, i'd totally go right out and buy them now.

believe me, i know better than anyone... i started planning my trip out like 2 months ago, i had to wait until costco started selling the citypass i needed, then after buying it, i had to wait for it... i would check ups tracking 20 times a day, but eventually i got it and it's probably better for the wait. not to mention if you do buy the tickets in person today, they'll be taunting you a full week more than buying them online today would do.
Looks like the online ordering would be the smartest way to go. I am definitely like you, except I start planning 6-8 months in advance. It's a sickness, really. :-) Always have to have that next trip to look forward to. I am all about vacation - work hard, play hard - particularly when I am going to southern Cali.

bradk
04-01-2005, 01:19 PM
i still have you beat. i only started 4 months out this time because i just woke up one day and decided to do it. the date was actually rather arbritary (i didn't even know about the 50th and the best time of the years to go, i just lucked out).

i'm tentatively working on a trip for WDW in november now (although i'm really going to wait until after DL to go full speed with it) and i already have very soft plans to go to paris for my 35th birthday (in 3 1/2 years) so i can dine at the jules verne at the eiffel tower (which requires a reservation 1 year in advance as i understand it).

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 01:34 PM
i still have you beat. i only started 4 months out this time because i just woke up one day and decided to do it. the date was actually rather arbritary (i didn't even know about the 50th and the best time of the years to go, i just lucked out).

i'm tentatively working on a trip for WDW in november now (although i'm really going to wait until after DL to go full speed with it) and i already have very soft plans to go to paris for my 35th birthday (in 3 1/2 years) so i can dine at the jules verne at the eiffel tower (which requires a reservation 1 year in advance as i understand it).
Wow....I am impressed, and at the risk of sounding "sexist", that's impressive for a guy. I am in event planning for work, and I can tell you it's mostly women in my industry. That's great! We may be hitting WDW this Christmas. All fingers/toes are crossed! What fun plans you have coming up!

bradk
04-01-2005, 01:37 PM
it's been suggested to me that i should be doing event planning for a living actually. that or like a personal gift shopper. i just like doing it all for myself. i don't want to find out a week after i do something that i could have done it differently and better. i want no regrets. disneyland has been tough enough, i'm shuddering to think what planning a week's vacation at WDW is gonna do to me.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Sounds like you are an old pro, so I am sure you will come through it just fine. Do you go there more than DL since you are on the east coast?

bradk
04-01-2005, 01:55 PM
actually, no. i've been really sheltered in my life when it comes to traveling. i'm trying to change that as an 'adult.' i've been to WDW maybe 2 or 3 times in my life, the last time was 18 years ago, so it's a tiny bit different nowadays.

Hi-Ho
04-01-2005, 01:58 PM
I grew up with WDW as the vacation of choice as a kid, and I LOVE it. You will have an absolute blast!! Probably won't even recognize it if it's been 18 years. It's been 4+ years since we went. Can't wait to get back!!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
we used getawaytoday.com...a kids hopper free with each adult purchase...tickets good until 4/28. this also included an early entry day and $10 espn game card...both which we never used.