PDA

View Full Version : Hook's Pointe Restaurant

5hr drive
04-01-2005, 05:01 AM
Looking for any info from folks who have dined at Hook's Pointe at the Disneyland Hotel recently. We're coming May 1-3; myself, my wife, and my in-laws and are looking for a nice place for dinner. Plus, I want to show my mother-in-law all of the artwork at the DL Hotel as I know she'll love it as much as I do. Specifically, I need to know about the price range, food quality and ambience. My wife and I have eaten at most of the resort restaurants but never here, and are looking for someplace new. My father-in-law loves a good steak and my mother-in-law loves salmon, so any info about these entrees would be very much appreciated.

mikala
04-01-2005, 05:37 AM
My husband and myself frequent this restaurant, and I think you will love it. We ordered steak and salmon on our first visit and discovered that between that and the garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and a salad that it was way too much.

So for future visits we have shared a salmon, potatoes, and asparagus and left very full. The cast members are always fantastic, and as you mentioned the inside decor is also wonderful.

We have always made a dining reservation, and upon arrival, we have never waited more than a couple of minutes.

Have a wonderful time.

We arrive in five hours at the DLR. Woo Hoo.

mikala
04-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Oops forgot a couple of things.....

The price range for our shared meals was about $40.00 not including a tip. Can't remember what it was when we ordered seperately.

CoasterChickie
04-01-2005, 05:42 AM
Hook's Pointe is one of my favorite sit down restaurants at Disneyland. One side of the restarant has a view of the swimming pool which looks very pretty all lit up at night. The other side has a view of the lush tropical hotel grounds. Sometimes you are lucky enough to see a wedding party going by in the glass Cinderella carriage. Both times I've gone I ordered a fish dish and both were very good. The vegetable was spinach...yum!!! The prices for entrees are around $15-$28. Hope you enjoy your experience there!!! :)

PS Yamabuki is also VERY good, especially the sukiyaki dinner for two people , but it's a little more pricey than Hook's.

BayAreaDisneyFan
04-01-2005, 05:48 AM
Delish! This is our favorite place to eat at Disneyland. They are known for their mesquite grill - the smell of the burning mesquite carries to the pool area and gets me salivating.

Great steaks, and the spicy grilled prawns are excellent too. For an apetizer the bruschetta is out of this world!

Also kid friendly for a nicer restaurant, if that's an issue.

CrazyTrain
04-01-2005, 07:04 AM
I had mushroom soup that was really good as was the calmari. For dessert I had this berry cheesecake that was heavenly! My friends had a chicken dish that they liked as well! Reccomended. :)

MrsG
04-01-2005, 08:50 AM
This is one of our favorite restaurants in DLR. The steaks are wonderful and so was the salmon. The garlic mashed potatoes have just the right amount of garlic - just a hint. I can't stand mashed garlic with a touch of potatoes thrown in. :rolleyes: The atmosphere is between relaxed and fancy. Not stuffy and overpriced. With 2 glasses of wine, our bill usually ends up being about $60 for the two of us. We have never had to make PS. We usually just show up and the longest wait we've had is about 10 minutes. Usually we sit right down.

I've heard that they serve the same quality of steaks that they serve at Granville's, but much less priced!

scrovan
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
Hook's point is the best restaurant at the resort. I just wish it was always open. Sometime it is closed during the off season.

KarenW2
04-01-2005, 10:56 AM
My husband and I enjoy Granville's, also at DLH, much more than Hook's Pointe. We ate at HP once, for the Hyperion dinner package deal they ran, back when the Hyperion theatre changed shows, and we thought it was an overpriced, outdated coffee shop. The service we received was terrible, we were constantly waiting for our waiter to show up with food, or something he'd forgotten for our meal and it took a very long time to eat a very mediocre meal. He haven't returned since.

Granville's, on the other hand, is a nice retreat from the hustle and bustle that is the parks and hotel areas. It's set further back in the hotel, so it's a very quiet oasis, a relaxed atmosphere, the best for food digestion! They have great steaks and other items, especially their Parmesan Yukon Gold Potato Stack! You can easily split it between 2 people and it tastes wonderful! Desserts are also very good as well. Since I don't pay the check when we go, that's my hubby's job, I don't recall the prices.

I would highly recommend Granville's, especially if you want to give yourselves and your in-laws a treat! You'll see lots of great DLH "artwork", as you'll be passing the HUGE wall of Disneyana and lots of great photos, as well as other fun things at the hotel. Hope you have a great time!

5hr drive
04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Thanks to everyone for the info, we will definitely be giving it a try. I thought of Granville's, but their prices seemed quite a bit higher, plus I love the location out on the grounds. Tried to make priority seating earlier today, was on hold ~15 minutes and gave up... Why oh why doesn't Disney have toll free phone numbers???

cstephens
04-01-2005, 01:33 PM
I would say that Granville's is a very different kind of restaurant than Hook's. I think Hook's is closer to mid-range, maybe slightly higher, whereas Granville's is a much more expensive restaurant, so the difference between the two is really a matter of what you're looking for and how much you want to spend. Everything on Granville's menu is a la carte.

I've been to Hook's a couple of times, and I've enjoyed it. The menu is rather limited, so we don't go on a regular basis.

Have a great time.